Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default How Much?

On 12/10/15 3:16 PM, Frank wrote:
On 12/10/2015 2:35 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 1:15:49 PM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

That is too broad of a question. If I said $179/month, what would that
tell you? If someone else said $59/month, what would that tell you?

I have Comcast triple play but have to constantly renegotiate cost.
I also have a FIOS line to the house on a land line. FIOS constantly
begs me to switch and I tell them I will if I get the initial offer for
life.

My neighbor across the street just switches service and when initial
offer expires and he cannot get an acceptable price, switches to the other.

Cable companies score at the bottom of the list in most all customer
service satisfaction surveys. Around my way, Comcast offers a very good
technology products- but their customer service and rates suck.

You negotiate a rate with them for 6, 9, 12 months or whatever, but then
you only get if for a month or two and they jack your bill back up.
When you call to complain, you wait on hold a long time, then an
offshore CSR that barely speaks English says she has no authority to
adjust rates so they dump you back on hold until you're escalated to
their "Customer Care" person. She says yes, I see you called on X date
but there's no notes from your conversation and we have no documentation
of the rate for the period you say. However, since you're such a good
and loyal customer as well as a nice person, as a one-time special
accommodation, we'll lower your monthly bill a buck and a half-- or some
insignificant amount.

I can understand this happening once, maybe even twice but it happens to
me every damned time-- at least 7-8 repeats in the last few years.

They just jacked up my promotional rate 68 percent. When I called, they
said take it or leave it...so I've been talking to ATT about their
U-Verse service. Service/features are comparable-- though internet speed
is slower but still fast enough-- and the promo price on a 1 year
contract if pretty decent. I'll probably be switching soon.

Hopefully ATT customer service is better...

--
When you give a schoolyard bully your lunch money, he’s still going to
beat you up—- and he’s got your money.