Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How Much?

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 13:11:57 -0800, Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:

wrote :
On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 10:15:45 -0800, Eagle no@not now.ever wrote:

What do you pay for TV, internet and phone?

$230-240 depending on how many movies my wife buys.

(Dish, 2 boxes, one is DVR, land line and 10g DSL internet)

Thanks!
Your Wife must rent lots of movies, no?

She really doesn't really watch "TV". She just likes movies so I have
all of the movie channels and she also buys Netflix and Amazon Prime
although she buys enough stuff online to justify prime.

At this point I am trying to keep a Neilson type log to see if I could
just cut the cord on Dish and get everything I watch from streaming
and my antenna. If I had the $170 or so to work with, I imagine I
could stream it all, adding a couple extra services and still have
over $150 left over. Once you start looking at what is on Netflix and
Amazon, it appears a lot of the shows I watch, show up there fairly
soon without commercials. I would need to find a good stand alone DVR
for the network stuff I grab from the air.
I haven't looked at PC solutions although there are now 2 of them in
my entertainment center and one has the TV card in it. I just have not
had the time to screw with it or even plug it in.
I know that will burn a day or two ... at least. We are in the holiday
countdown and I don't have a day.