Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How Much?

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 14:35:41 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

I'd be "disappointed" if I worked my whole life just to spend
retirement "watching TV". I can understand not being physically/mentally
able to undertake other activities. But, *choosing* to sit in front
of the idiot box seems like such a colossal waste of opportunity;
you're finally at a point where you don't have to answer to someone
else's marching orders... can choose *what* you want to do with YOUR
time... "watching TV" wouldn't be high on my list.

I use the TV as a radio most of the day. I have an RF headset and I
will crank up something like Charlie Rose and go on with my other
activities.
In that regard I really want something like Charlie or perhaps a
history channel type of show that is really just a scripted slide show
where the slides are secondary to the story. A lot of the time they
are just "B roll" that may not actually be from what they are talking
about but it looks right. I have seen that destroyer quartering in
for an attack in everything from "Victory at Sea" to Mc hale's Navy.
It is a rare WWII navy story that doesn't use it.