Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default How Much?

On 12/10/2015 4:22 PM, Eagle wrote:
Don Y explained :
No interest in learning another killset? Mentoring youth? Volunteering
at a hospice? etc.

[Again, YMMV... I'm just pointing out *my* attitude towards the "MY TIME"
we each are, hopefully, granted]

Being retired lets you do what you want, when you want and tv is a part of that
doing what you want. We enjoy watching TV and playing with our Poms.
Besides all the things I've mentioned, I have one passion I take great interest
in. I sponsor needy teens on My home reservation, I'm a member of Sicangu Oyate
The Rosebud Reservation. I make regular trips back home and bring several teens
back to So. Cal. And give them a taste of the world outside and give them the
opportunity to see what the rest of the world is like.

Great! I have a friend who "raises" guide dogs to take some of the
cost/space pressure off the organizations that do so. It's a different
sort of "pet" interface as they need to be taught to be "responsible"
and not just "playful" or "casually obedient" (if a guide dog screws up,
a life can be at risk)

Another friend reads stories to young hospitalized children. I don't
think I'd have the stomach for that, given some of their maladies.

Another tutors young kids (though without regard for "means" -- so, it's
just as likely that he's saving their well-off parents monies that they
can then spend on other frivolities).

I'd have loved to learn to ride a unicycle -- but, suspect my body
can no longer tolerate the abuse that would come from the "learning".