Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

"DannyD." writes:
Pico Rico wrote, on Mon, 07 Jul 2014 20:33:25 -0700:

the ground water in San Jose is not millions of years old. Most of it is
put back by recharging with water from the Sierras.

I guess a lot depends on how deep the SJWC wells are, and how
permeable the rock is. For example, if the wells are 500 feet deep
(just guessing, based on the depth of our residential wells), then
the question is how long does it take for rainwater to percolate
down 500 feet (assuming it's all similar sandy stuff).

The spring at the bernal ranch (santa teresa/cottle) is fed by
underwater streams originating in the sierra nevada (at least
that's what the sign says).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pico Rico posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

"DannyD." wrote in message
Pico Rico wrote, on Sun, 06 Jul 2014 15:20:49 -0700:

San Jose does not drink bay water.

You are correct.

San Jose pumps it out of the ground below San Jose,
which, interestingly, *probably* came from the bay when it
had flooded San Jose (just guessing), millions of years ago
when it was the middle of a fault block which dropped down,
which created the mountains on either side (because they
didn't drop down).

the ground water in San Jose is not millions of years old. Most of it is
put back by recharging with water from the Sierras.

I beg to differ. There is still the same amount of water on earth now as
when it was created. Think about it. You are drinking the same water that
was peed in at some time.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

DannyD. posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Tekkie® wrote, on Sun, 06 Jul 2014 13:16:23 -0400:

This is true. Back in my ff days we had boards with the different adapters
used. It all depended on which the water company used. Sometimes even the
fire truck manufacturers would have their own threads!

This local Santa Clara County government PDF says all the wharf hydrants
have to have the same threads (which makes sense):
http://www.sccgov.org/sites/fmo/docs...Hyd-070910.pdf

Wharf Hydrants are residential type fire hydrants with a single two
and one-half-inch (2-1/2-inch) outlet and a control valve (operated by a
pentagon nut with no handle), typically supplied from an on-site tank or
Shared Water System. (See Figure 1)

Hose threads for all hydrants shall meet National Standard Thread (NST)
requirements. Piping and appurtenances shall be a minimum diameter of
4-inches.

It's interesting to see in the diagram in that PDF the buried "thrust
block".

I had never seen a thrust block before ... have you?

No, but then again our ff water is either supplied by municipal hydrants or
tanker ops. The hydrants are here are dry and have drains. I can see the
purpose of the thrust block as if the hydrant is closed rapidly, the water
hammer may blow the connection at the elbow. It also appears (IIRC) the OP
hydrant is too low to ground...

We had a bridge rebuilt. The water co laid new lines with a hydrant at one
end of the bridge, ok. Guard rail was installed about 3" from the hydrant.
It has been awhile but I believe the line had to moved for clearance. Had to
go through the municipal engineer.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DannyD." wrote in message
Pico Rico wrote, on Sun, 06 Jul 2014 15:20:49 -0700:

San Jose does not drink bay water.

You are correct.

San Jose pumps it out of the ground below San Jose,
which, interestingly, *probably* came from the bay when it
had flooded San Jose (just guessing), millions of years ago
when it was the middle of a fault block which dropped down,
which created the mountains on either side (because they
didn't drop down).

the ground water in San Jose is not millions of years old. Most of it is
put back by recharging with water from the Sierras.

I beg to differ. There is still the same amount of water on earth now as
when it was created. Think about it. You are drinking the same water that
was peed in at some time.

Leaving aside the fact that most of the water on the planet was delivered
by comet billions of years ago (most of it wasn't here when the earth coalesced from
cosmic dust).

Unless you believe the earth is only 6000 years old.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"DannyD." wrote in message
[...]

I limit myself to drinking water that has been created by the burning of
fossil fuels.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , DannyD. wrote:
Do you have experience or ideas for trucking potable water to a residence?

Buy one of these (or the equivalent locally):

http://www.texasbraggtrailers.com/tr...allon-tank.htm

-or-

http://www.texasbraggtrailers.com/tr...tank.htm#quote

and rent the appropriate truck to haul it. I think U-Haul will rent a
pickup truck for 19.95/day + fuel + mileage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John Haskey" wrote in message
In article , DannyD.
wrote:
Do you have experience or ideas for trucking potable water to a residence?

Buy one of these (or the equivalent locally):

http://www.texasbraggtrailers.com/tr...allon-tank.htm

-or-

http://www.texasbraggtrailers.com/tr...tank.htm#quote

and rent the appropriate truck to haul it. I think U-Haul will rent a
pickup truck for 19.95/day + fuel + mileage.

which of their BMWs would be the appropriate size to tow the 1000 gallon
jobbie?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/9/2014 4:16 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

I beg to differ. There is still the same amount of water on earth now as
when it was created. Think about it. You are drinking the same water that
was peed in at some time.

Some water might be combined by photo synthesis, or
released by burning hydrocarbons. But, it's within a
percent or two.

I'm OK as long as the dinosaur didn't fart in the
premordal stew.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/9/2014 4:36 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
DannyD. posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Tekkie® wrote, on Sun, 06 Jul 2014 13:16:23 -0400:

This is true. Back in my ff days we had boards with the different adapters
used. It all depended on which the water company used. Sometimes even the
fire truck manufacturers would have their own threads!

This local Santa Clara County government PDF says all the wharf hydrants
have to have the same threads (which makes sense):

In Western NY, the Rochester FD has its own thread,
as does Newark, NY. Sadly, there are about a zillion
hydrants and length of hose and fire trucks that are
invested in the non standard thread.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:09:52 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/9/2014 4:16 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

I beg to differ. There is still the same amount of water on earth now as

when it was created. Think about it. You are drinking the same water that

was peed in at some time.

Some water might be combined by photo synthesis, or

released by burning hydrocarbons. But, it's within a

percent or two.

Actually, it's not:

http://sciencenordic.com/earth-has-l...rter-its-water

€œBy examining how the ratio of these isotopes has changed, we have been able to determine that over the course of around four billion years, the Earth's oceans have lost about a quarter of their original mass."

IDK why you guys just assume stuff. There's no particular reason to
think that what was in place when the earth was a very different and
unihabitable planet would still exist today. Or do you think the earth
is 10,000 years old?

Posted to alt.home.repair

CRNG wrote, on Wed, 09 Jul 2014 06:58:45 -0500:

Any idea what they charge to drill a very deep well?

I'm told that it's 10,000 for every 100 feet, which, out here, we'd
need about 500 feet (a recent well is just that), so, about fifty
thousand dollars.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Zaky Waky wrote, on Wed, 09 Jul 2014 10:44:40 +0000:

Thanks man. I call them now from VT and post the answer for you.

If you're in Vermont, how do you know that our water 'isn't' as old
as I had surmised? Did you simply guess? Or did you have information?
Posted to alt.home.repair

John Haskey wrote, on Wed, 09 Jul 2014 22:54:09 +0000:

Buy one of these (or the equivalent locally):

I like the idea of those water-hauling trailers!

http://www.water-storage-containers....ertrailer.html
http://www.apcequipment.com/trailers...k-trailer.html
http://www.abiattachments.com/water-...water-trailer/
etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/11/2014 4:01 PM, DannyD. wrote:
CRNG wrote, on Wed, 09 Jul 2014 06:58:45 -0500:

Any idea what they charge to drill a very deep well?

I'm told that it's 10,000 for every 100 feet, which, out here, we'd
need about 500 feet (a recent well is just that), so, about fifty
thousand dollars.

Out on the left coast, you millionaires
and billionaires don't even consider that
pocket change, right?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
DannyD. typed:
John Haskey wrote, on Wed, 09 Jul 2014 22:54:09 +0000:

Buy one of these (or the equivalent locally):

I like the idea of those water-hauling trailers!

http://www.water-storage-containers....ertrailer.html
http://www.apcequipment.com/trailers...k-trailer.html
http://www.abiattachments.com/water-...water-trailer/
etc.

And, roughly speaking, how much do they cost to purchase?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 20:01:30 +0000 (UTC), "DannyD."
wrote in

CRNG wrote, on Wed, 09 Jul 2014 06:58:45 -0500:

Any idea what they charge to drill a very deep well?

I'm told that it's 10,000 for every 100 feet, which, out here, we'd
need about 500 feet (a recent well is just that), so, about fifty
thousand dollars.

Bummer. So about $100,000 for a 1000 foot well and no guarantee that
you'll even hit water. I can see the appeal of a community well.

I'm beginning understand why the "cliff dweller" civilizations
suddenly moved away during the 30-year drought cycle in NM and AZ in
the 9th century. You can't live long without adequate water.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 20:05:59 +0000 (UTC), "DannyD."
wrote in

John Haskey wrote, on Wed, 09 Jul 2014 22:54:09 +0000:

Buy one of these (or the equivalent locally):

I like the idea of those water-hauling trailers!

http://www.water-storage-containers....ertrailer.html
http://www.apcequipment.com/trailers...k-trailer.html
http://www.abiattachments.com/water-...water-trailer/
etc.

Those look like good ideas. Any idea what they cost?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 12, 2014 6:49:29 AM UTC-4, CRNG wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 20:01:30 +0000 (UTC), "DannyD."

wrote in

CRNG wrote, on Wed, 09 Jul 2014 06:58:45 -0500:

Any idea what they charge to drill a very deep well?

I'm told that it's 10,000 for every 100 feet, which, out here, we'd

need about 500 feet (a recent well is just that), so, about fifty

thousand dollars.

Bummer. So about $100,000 for a 1000 foot well and no guarantee that

you'll even hit water. I can see the appeal of a community well.

I'm beginning understand why the "cliff dweller" civilizations

suddenly moved away during the 30-year drought cycle in NM and AZ in

the 9th century. You can't live long without adequate water.

note after some research the $100,000 for a 1000 foot is at the very top of the cost of a water well...

Around here its closer to 10 bucks a foot
Posted to alt.home.repair

Despite the fact that agriculture uses 75% of the water in California, the
state implemented 500 dollar fines today against suburbians who wash their
car without a nozzle!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...o-500-per-day/
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...715-story.html
http://www.marinij.com/sanrafael/ci_...ap-hefty-fines
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:39:02 -0400:

Out on the left coast, you millionaires
and billionaires don't even consider that
pocket change, right?

It's unfair, but in California, our cost of living is
tremendously higher than yours (mainly due to supply and
demand for the sun).

So, a run-down fixer-upper with almost zero land and almost
zero space and falling apart, in the valley, is no less than
600K to 800K dollars.

A "nice" house, is over a million, and, if you want any land
to speak of, then you're looking at multiple millions. Assume
about 1.5% (give or take) for taxes every year, and you begin
to see what it costs us to live here.

Add to that an income tax of around 9% and a sales tax of about
the same, and one of the highest gas taxes, plus utility taxes
that are tremendous, and we're almost taxed to death.

Without getting political, that means we MUST earn more money
than you guys elsewhere, just to survive, poverty being probably
around 50K per year for a family, I think (although I didn't
look it up).

Problem is, we have to be taxed at the same rate by the feds
as you guys, so, if we make a paltry barely livable $100K,
we get taxed at the 36% bracket.

So, our taxes, in effect, are over 60% (hard to add all those
up though).

You should *thank* us, for paying more in taxes than every other
state combined! (I think that's the figure but I'd have to look
it up to be sure.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

CRNG wrote, on Sat, 12 Jul 2014 05:49:29 -0500:

Bummer. So about $100,000 for a 1000 foot well and no guarantee that
you'll even hit water. I can see the appeal of a community well.

UPDATE:

The neighbors, who recently ran out of water, just drilled a new
well of 520 feet, which is getting 18 gallons per minute, and which
hit water at 300 feet initially.

They said it cost over 50K to drill, and that's not even counting
the new tanks they had to put in to meet the new code.

Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote, on Sat, 12 Jul 2014 09:38:37 -0700:

note after some research the $100,000 for a 1000 foot
is at the very top of the cost of a water well...
Around here its closer to 10 bucks a foot

This is California, Silicon Valley, one of the most expensive
places in the country, where I was quoted $4,200 just to fill
my pool with water.

My neighbors, who drilled a 520 foot well, said it cost them over
fifty thousand dollars, so, that's about $100 a foot.

They had initially hit water at 300 feet, but at 520 feet,
they're getting 18 gallons a minute, and the code is that they
must also have 15,000 gallons of tank, where the rules are such
that each tank will be 5,000 gallons (because of platform
requirements if it's over 5,000 gallons).

10,000 gallons must be reserved for fire suppression alone, so
only 5,000 gallons is for the homeowner.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/3/2014 8:13 PM, Danny D. wrote:

UPDATE:

The neighbors, who recently ran out of water, just drilled a new
well of 520 feet, which is getting 18 gallons per minute, and which
hit water at 300 feet initially.

They said it cost over 50K to drill, and that's not even counting
the new tanks they had to put in to meet the new code.

Ouch! Any chance they will run a pipe and
help keep you in water? At least for long
enough to fill your fire tanks?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

CRNG wrote, on Sat, 12 Jul 2014 05:49:29 -0500:

Those look like good ideas. Any idea what they cost?

Everything costs (far) more in California, but, googling,
I see this listing today:
http://machinerytrader.com/listingsd...x?OHID=6602191

Which is $4K for a used 1,000 gallon water hauling trailer,
shop made, sold in Illinois, by Jed Weber, at 309-526-3636.

Here's a new 1,000 gallon water hauling trailer for $12K:
http://mypumpstore.com/1000-Gallon-W...-2M-1000-T.htm

Here's a nearby Craigslist ad for 500 gallons at $8,500:
http://stockton.craigslist.org/bfs/4541786420.html

Seems to me this is a good DIY project, to build our own.

Seems all we'd need a
1. Cylindrical tank strapped to a ...
2. Standard trailer, and a few ...
3. Pump & hoses & fittings

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/3/2014 8:24 PM, Danny D. wrote:
Which is $4K for a used 1,000 gallon water hauling trailer,
shop made, sold in Illinois, by Jed Weber, at 309-526-3636.

Here's a new 1,000 gallon water hauling trailer for $12K:
http://mypumpstore.com/1000-Gallon-W...-2M-1000-T.htm

Here's a nearby Craigslist ad for 500 gallons at $8,500:
http://stockton.craigslist.org/bfs/4541786420.html

Seems to me this is a good DIY project, to build our own.

Seems all we'd need a
1. Cylindrical tank strapped to a ...
2. Standard trailer, and a few ...
3. Pump & hoses & fittings

Wonder if the family with the new well might
consider selling off water for some arrangement?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 16:20:28 +0000 (UTC), "DannyD."
wrote:
I always wondered how much of that lost fuel mileage you
get back on the downhill drive, which is done essentially in
neutral for the entire 5 miles.

I realize it won't exactly cancel out, but, essentially you
get 100mpg (or whatever) on the downhill drive; while you
probably get something like half your city mpg on the uphill
climb.

You get very little of it back. Drive any car with a continuous
mileage readout and you'll be astounded how low the uphill mileage is.
You might be lucky to get 1/10 uphill as on a level. Of course it
depends on the slope.

In your case, you are hauling a lot of weight uphill and not taking it
back down, so there's no chance at all the reclaim the energy you put
into raising the weight.

Even without that, most of the energy you gain going downhill goes
into heating the brakes and the air, depending on slope, speed limit,
etc.

Edward
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 4 Aug 2014 00:12:12 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote in

A "nice" house, is over a million, and, if you want any land
to speak of, then you're looking at multiple millions. Assume
about 1.5% (give or take) for taxes every year, and you begin
to see what it costs us to live here.

I thought Prop-13 passed in the mid 1970s limited property taxes to 1%
of the owner's purchase price with a *very small* increase allowed
every year? Did that change or did the politicos find a way around
it?

You should *thank* us, for paying more in taxes than every other
state combined! (I think that's the figure but I'd have to look
it up to be sure.)

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:12:12 PM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:
[...]

Don;t feel so bad Danny. The main problem with CA is you let your
govt get out of control and screw you royally. Some other states,
eg NJ, aren't far behind. And sadly the feds are now on a path that
is taking the whole country there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/4/2014 10:38 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:12:12 PM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:

Don;t feel so bad Danny. The main problem with CA is you let your
govt get out of control and screw you royally. Some other states,
eg NJ, aren't far behind. And sadly the feds are now on a path that
is taking the whole country there.

I've heard that CA natives move to other states,
and then demand the same liberal handouts they
left behind.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On 8/4/2014 10:38 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:12:12 PM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:

Don;t feel so bad Danny. The main problem with CA is you let your
govt get out of control and screw you royally. Some other states,
eg NJ, aren't far behind. And sadly the feds are now on a path that
is taking the whole country there.

I've heard that CA natives move to other states,
and then demand the same liberal handouts they
left behind.

yes, they have ruined Oregon and Nevada. Idaho too, I think.

Posted to alt.home.repair

CRNG wrote, on Mon, 04 Aug 2014 05:59:06 -0500:

I thought Prop-13 passed in the mid 1970s limited property taxes to 1%
of the owner's purchase price with a *very small* increase allowed
every year? Did that change or did the politicos find a way around
it?

What California does, is raise the price of the property up to 2% every
year (invariably), & they constantly add additional "assessments",
which all seem to past the ballot procedure out here (Californians
don't seem to feel that they're taxed enough yet).

They have Measure A, Measure B, Measure C.... Measure F, etc. all of
which are assessments such as the most recent $17/100,000 of assessment
just for the open space that you don't even live on.

All of which pass.

In addition to that, they add cleverly crafted "fees" (which aren't
taxes but in all ways, are exactly like taxes, down to the fact they
can take away your house if you don't pay them), which only need a
50% majority (instead of a super majority) to pass.

What irks me is how much they lie to the people, and the Californians
don't even realize it. If California had folks from the east, they'd
never put up with the shenanigans they pull out here. / rant

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Sun, 03 Aug 2014 20:23:16 -0400:

Ouch! Any chance they will run a pipe and
help keep you in water? At least for long
enough to fill your fire tanks?

Heh heh... I didn't ask, but, here's a picture of the
well drillers doing their thing. Notice what looks like
"snow" on the ground is some kind of foam...
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3913/1...0a11eb8f_b.jpg

But there is a big big problem, it turns out.

The well, which is 520 feet, is NOT delivering the 18 gpm that
I was initially told. It's more like 2.5 gpm, and much much
worse than that, it has been flushing for a week now, and the
water is still a turbid GRAY color!

It's not sediment, they told me, because it doesn't settle out.
They told me that the wells usually clear out the turbidity
within a week, but this one isn't doing anything.

So, they've been pumping water, for an entire week, into the
ground from under the ground, and the entire area is gray.

I don't know what's in gray water, but, it's odd to see it
coming out of the ground (they wouldn't let me take any pictures
so I had to sneak that picture from across the yard of the
other neighbor).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Sun, 03 Aug 2014 20:28:16 -0400:

Wonder if the family with the new well might
consider selling off water for some arrangement?

Funny you should mention that.

Two women, one divorced, the other whose husband recently died
shared the original well, and the divorced one (with the more
money) decided to drill her own 520 foot well last week.

I snapped a picture of the drillers drilling from the other
side, and posted it he
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3913/1...0a11eb8f_b.jpg

The woman with the original old well, whom I know better, asked me
help her with a flat tire and to check her pump because they had no
water, so, I stopped by, and noticed the drillers were still there,
a full week later.

I walked over and they were a bit tight lipped (and wouldn't let
me take pictures), but, they have been pumping water out of that
new well at about 2.5 gallons per minute and the water is absolutely
*gray*. They called it "turbid". It looked horrid.

They were pumping it into buckets also, which, they said, would
never settle out, as the gray is part of the water and not
sediment. The driller said he's never seen a well take a full
week and still be gray, so, the water just might not be usable.

We'll see, but, back to the original well tanks, I noticed the
pump never turned on, so, I flipped these breakers:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3909/1...c2a8bb6d_b.jpg

The bad news is that someone must have cut the copper wire on the
middle two (why would they do that?) but the good news is that
this started the well pumping again:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3876/1...4a418e67_b.jpg

Looking inside the tank, I couldn't see well as I didn't have
artificial light, but, the water looked slightly gray. So, I
wonder if this water is tainted somehow? The two wells are only
about 40 or 50 feet apart, so, the water is similar (although
the depths are almost certainly different).
Posted to alt.home.repair

CRNG wrote, on Sat, 12 Jul 2014 05:49:29 -0500:

Those look like good ideas. Any idea what they cost?

BTW, there was a really small fire about a mile away today,
so I stopped by the firetruck to ask some questions.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3914/1...52b29c0f_b.jpg

That truck is 500 gallons, and it has a 4-inch, 2-1/2 inch, and
1-1/2 inch connector on the sides (the four inch is on the other
side of the truck).

The guys told me they generally abhor the wharf hydrants that
are in everyone's property (so why do we have them?) because
the flow is so bad. They pump in from one side and out the other,
as you can see in the middle of the truck.

They also pump out the front of the truck, and the back, from
the tank, but they only use the sides to pump from a pool or
wharf hydrant.

The four inch connector (in the driver's side) is for pumping
out of ponds and pools, while the 2-1/2 is on both sides and
it's for the hydrants.

Just FYI ...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 7 Aug 2014 06:12:13 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote in

So, they've been pumping water, for an entire week, into the
ground from under the ground, and the entire area is gray.

I don't know what's in gray water, but, it's odd to see it
coming out of the ground (they wouldn't let me take any pictures
so I had to sneak that picture from across the yard of the
other neighbor).

That's scary. I assume all the results will end up in a report to the
county. At leas I hope so. Keep us informed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 7, 2014 3:06:58 AM UTC-4, CRNG wrote:
On Thu, 7 Aug 2014 06:12:13 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."

wrote in

So, they've been pumping water, for an entire week, into the

ground from under the ground, and the entire area is gray.

I don't know what's in gray water, but, it's odd to see it

coming out of the ground (they wouldn't let me take any pictures

so I had to sneak that picture from across the yard of the

other neighbor).

That's scary. I assume all the results will end up in a report to the

county. At leas I hope so. Keep us informed.

get a sample of the grey water and have it tested..
Posted to alt.home.repair

CRNG wrote, on Thu, 07 Aug 2014 02:06:58 -0500:

That's scary. I assume all the results will end up in a
report to the county. At leas I hope so. Keep us informed.

I'm actually afraid to tell the neighbor who lost her husband
to cancer about the water as she doesn't have the money to do
anything about it, and the divorced one sharing the original
well who is drilling the new well, is hard to get a hold of.

So, I doubt I'll get much information, but, I'll try to
see what I can find out, as the turbidity means there is
"something" that turns the water gray (I'll look it up as
the well drillers don't, I don't think, test it, but maybe
the county does.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote, on Thu, 07 Aug 2014 05:33:45 -0700:

get a sample of the grey water and have it tested..

That's what I would do, but it's not 'my' water, nor my
business, so, I'll stay out of that directly.

(The drillers didn't even like me taking pictures of the
water so I don't have a picture of it but I can try to
snap one from the other side of the fence if I'm over there
again soon; but I don't just go walking on other people's
property unless invited.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/7/2014 2:12 AM, Danny D. wrote:
[...]

That's odd looking slop. I sense there's
not much water "down there" and you need
to be back to your plans for water hauling.

Wish I lived closer, and can help.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/7/2014 2:22 AM, Danny D. wrote:
[...]

That's not all that encouraging. Hope the water clears.

--
..
Christopher A. Young