Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On Saturday, July 12, 2014 6:49:29 AM UTC-4, CRNG wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 20:01:30 +0000 (UTC), "DannyD."

wrote in

CRNG wrote, on Wed, 09 Jul 2014 06:58:45 -0500:

Any idea what they charge to drill a very deep well?

I'm told that it's 10,000 for every 100 feet, which, out here, we'd

need about 500 feet (a recent well is just that), so, about fifty

thousand dollars.

Bummer. So about $100,000 for a 1000 foot well and no guarantee that

you'll even hit water. I can see the appeal of a community well.

I'm beginning understand why the "cliff dweller" civilizations

suddenly moved away during the 30-year drought cycle in NM and AZ in

the 9th century. You can't live long without adequate water.

note after some research the $100,000 for a 1000 foot is at the very top of the cost of a water well...

Around here its closer to 10 bucks a foot