Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On 8/7/2014 2:22 AM, Danny D. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote, on Sun, 03 Aug 2014 20:28:16 -0400:

Wonder if the family with the new well might
consider selling off water for some arrangement?

Funny you should mention that.

Two women, one divorced, the other whose husband recently died
shared the original well, and the divorced one (with the more
money) decided to drill her own 520 foot well last week.

I snapped a picture of the drillers drilling from the other
side, and posted it he
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3913/1...0a11eb8f_b.jpg

The woman with the original old well, whom I know better, asked me
help her with a flat tire and to check her pump because they had no
water, so, I stopped by, and noticed the drillers were still there,
a full week later.

I walked over and they were a bit tight lipped (and wouldn't let
me take pictures), but, they have been pumping water out of that
new well at about 2.5 gallons per minute and the water is absolutely
*gray*. They called it "turbid". It looked horrid.

They were pumping it into buckets also, which, they said, would
never settle out, as the gray is part of the water and not
sediment. The driller said he's never seen a well take a full
week and still be gray, so, the water just might not be usable.

We'll see, but, back to the original well tanks, I noticed the
pump never turned on, so, I flipped these breakers:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3909/1...c2a8bb6d_b.jpg

The bad news is that someone must have cut the copper wire on the
middle two (why would they do that?) but the good news is that
this started the well pumping again:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3876/1...4a418e67_b.jpg

Looking inside the tank, I couldn't see well as I didn't have
artificial light, but, the water looked slightly gray. So, I
wonder if this water is tainted somehow? The two wells are only
about 40 or 50 feet apart, so, the water is similar (although
the depths are almost certainly different).

That's not all that encouraging. Hope the water clears.

--
..
Christopher A. Young