Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On 8/7/2014 2:12 AM, Danny D. wrote:
Heh heh... I didn't ask, but, here's a picture of the
well drillers doing their thing. Notice what looks like
"snow" on the ground is some kind of foam...
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3913/1...0a11eb8f_b.jpg

But there is a big big problem, it turns out.

The well, which is 520 feet, is NOT delivering the 18 gpm that
I was initially told. It's more like 2.5 gpm, and much much
worse than that, it has been flushing for a week now, and the
water is still a turbid GRAY color!

It's not sediment, they told me, because it doesn't settle out.
They told me that the wells usually clear out the turbidity
within a week, but this one isn't doing anything.

So, they've been pumping water, for an entire week, into the
ground from under the ground, and the entire area is gray.

I don't know what's in gray water, but, it's odd to see it
coming out of the ground (they wouldn't let me take any pictures
so I had to sneak that picture from across the yard of the
other neighbor).

That's odd looking slop. I sense there's
not much water "down there" and you need
to be back to your plans for water hauling.

Wish I lived closer, and can help.

--
..
Christopher A. Young