Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:12:12 PM UTC-4, Danny D. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote, on Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:39:02 -0400:

Out on the left coast, you millionaires

and billionaires don't even consider that

pocket change, right?

It's unfair, but in California, our cost of living is

tremendously higher than yours (mainly due to supply and

demand for the sun).

So, a run-down fixer-upper with almost zero land and almost

zero space and falling apart, in the valley, is no less than

600K to 800K dollars.

A "nice" house, is over a million, and, if you want any land

to speak of, then you're looking at multiple millions. Assume

about 1.5% (give or take) for taxes every year, and you begin

to see what it costs us to live here.

Add to that an income tax of around 9% and a sales tax of about

the same, and one of the highest gas taxes, plus utility taxes

that are tremendous, and we're almost taxed to death.

Without getting political, that means we MUST earn more money

than you guys elsewhere, just to survive, poverty being probably

around 50K per year for a family, I think (although I didn't

look it up).

Problem is, we have to be taxed at the same rate by the feds

as you guys, so, if we make a paltry barely livable $100K,

we get taxed at the 36% bracket.

So, our taxes, in effect, are over 60% (hard to add all those

up though).

You should *thank* us, for paying more in taxes than every other

state combined! (I think that's the figure but I'd have to look

it up to be sure.)

Don;t feel so bad Danny. The main problem with CA is you let your
govt get out of control and screw you royally. Some other states,
eg NJ, aren't far behind. And sadly the feds are now on a path that
is taking the whole country there.