Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane transfer hose

I've got a couple part full propane tanks, and
would like to transfer some of the propane,
and take the (now) empties to fill.

Refrigeration guys used to do this with "Freon"
using a hose, and chill the destinaton bottle.
Anything like this exist for propane?
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
Senior Member

You can buy hoses suitable for connecting a propane tank to a bar-b-que at any propane distributor. Maybe you can just butcher two such hoses to make a propane bottle to propane bottle transfer hose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Good thought. I also find them sometimes on curb side. Sometimes the regulators are right at the tank fitting, so might need some work to make it function. Thanks for the good idea.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..

--
nestork

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 17, 8:43*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Good thought. I also find them sometimes on curb side. Sometimes the regulators are right at the tank fitting, so might need some work to make it function. Thanks for the good idea.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
* *www.lds.org
.
.

"nestork" wrote in ...

You can buy hoses suitable for connecting a propane tank to a bar-b-que
at any propane distributor. *Maybe you can just butcher two such hoses
to make a propane bottle to propane bottle transfer hose.

--
nestork

i think it may be more complicated..

the tank is filled partly with liquid and partly with vapor. the
connection is set up to let out only the vapor. in fact I think if
you turn the tank upside down to try to flow fluid out, there is a
valve that closes to prevent the flow of liquid. when you go to a
refill place, they have a special setup to flow liquid. If you are
going to transfer by vapor only (by cooling the destination tank), it
will take a long time to transfer a significant amount..

but I am only guessing at this, i could be wrong, anybody know for
sure?
I'd also like to know a good way to transfer propane...

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 16, 10:44*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I've got a couple part full propane tanks, and
would like to transfer some of the propane,
and take the (now) empties to fill.

Refrigeration guys used to do this with "Freon"
using a hose, and chill the destinaton bottle.
Anything like this exist for propane?
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
* *www.lds.org
.
.

Most U-Haul locations fill propane tanks by the gallon. The price per
gallon will vary (widely) by location, but near me the per gallon
price times the number of gallons to fill an empty tank is very close
to the one-price-fits-all cost to refill a tank (even a half-full one)
at BJ's Wholesale. In other words, BJ's charges you full price first
and then fills your tank. No refund if you only need half a tank. U-
Haul fills your tank and then charges you only for what you needed.

Just take all of your tanks to U-Haul and get them topped off at the
per gallon price.

However, if you are dead set on transferring the gas from one tank to
another, maybe you can do something with the following info...

I have no idea if this could be used for your application, but when we
camped a lot, I used to this to fill the 1 lb propane canisters from
my 20 lb tank:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AMC5WO

I recall that I would turn the 20 lb tank over and let her rip. I
don't think it filled the 1 lb canisters all the way, but it sure was
cheaper than buying new 1 pounders before each camping trip.

To use this for 20 lb to 20 lb transfer, you might need some more
adaptors and a hose, at which point, unless you are doing it quite
frequenly, you'll never recover the cost of the equipment vs. simply
paying full price to fill to fill your tanks (assuming no U-Hauls in
the area).

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, June 16, 2013 10:44:27 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got a couple part full propane tanks, and

would like to transfer some of the propane,

and take the (now) empties to fill.

Refrigeration guys used to do this with "Freon"

using a hose, and chill the destinaton bottle.

Anything like this exist for propane?

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn more about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

.

It's more trouble than it's worth. Just hook them up to your grill and finish them off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"nestork" wrote in message ...

You can buy hoses suitable for connecting a propane tank to a bar-b-que
at any propane distributor. Maybe you can just butcher two such hoses
to make a propane bottle to propane bottle transfer hose.

Buy the proper fittings to do it safely - in brass.

on ebay at the moment -
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Propane-Refil...-/230816025641

or google Mr. Heater F276172
or
http://www.amazon.com/Propane-Tank-R.../dp/B008BXJBRG

or Harbour Fright -
http://www.harborfreight.com/propane...kit-45989.html

If you are going to do something "stupid" you may as well do it as
safely as possible.

And by the way - it is not illegal to refill a container, but it IS
illegal to transport it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/17/2013 10:41 AM, Mark wrote:

the tank is filled partly with liquid and partly with vapor. the
connection is set up to let out only the vapor. in fact I think if
you turn the tank upside down to try to flow fluid out, there is a
valve that closes to prevent the flow of liquid.

I refill my little one pound bottle from the big tank just fine. The
trick is to invert the big tank so that the liquid can settle down into
the little tank, which is at a lower position. This way, the density of
the liquid propane, being greater than that of the gas, will go into the
lower receptacle.

when you go to a
refill place, they have a special setup to flow liquid. If you are
going to transfer by vapor only (by cooling the destination tank), it
will take a long time to transfer a significant amount..

Any of the places I go to use a pump to put the liquid into the tank.
In the big tank they have, the fill tube goes down into the liquid.

Jon
Posted to alt.home.repair

Congratulations! You have provided three links
to the WRONG item, one which I already have,
and have used, and doesn't do what I originally
asked for. Please collect your prize between 9 AM
and 5 PM EDT.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
wrote in message ...
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 08:43:24 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Buy the proper fittings to do it safely - in brass.

on ebay at the moment -
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Propane-Refil...-/230816025641

or google Mr. Heater F276172
or
http://www.amazon.com/Propane-Tank-R.../dp/B008BXJBRG

or Harbour Fright -
http://www.harborfreight.com/propane...kit-45989.html

If you are going to do something "stupid" you may as well do it as
safely as possible.

And by the way - it is not illegal to refill a container, but it IS
illegal to transport it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message ...
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 08:43:24 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Buy the proper fittings to do it safely - in brass.

on ebay at the moment -
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Propane-Refil...-/230816025641

or google Mr. Heater F276172
or
http://www.amazon.com/Propane-Tank-R.../dp/B008BXJBRG

or Harbour Fright -
http://www.harborfreight.com/propane...kit-45989.html

If you are going to do something "stupid" you may as well do it as
safely as possible.

And by the way - it is not illegal to refill a container, but it IS
illegal to transport it.

Yes, I noticed after that you were talking about consolidating the
propane from several almost empty tanks into one.

You STILL need something other than the hoses from a barBQ. You need
hoses for high pressure gas that can also withstand the cold from
evapourating liquid - and without a pump you need a fairly healthy
temperature differential between the donor and reciever tanks.

So the "if you are going to do something stupid" part is even more
germaine to the discussion.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/16/2013 07:44 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got a couple part full propane tanks, and
would like to transfer some of the propane,
and take the (now) empties to fill.

Refrigeration guys used to do this with "Freon"
using a hose, and chill the destinaton bottle.
Anything like this exist for propane?

I seriously doubt it, the liability would be too high.

They do, however, sell a POL fitting that goes into the big tank (left
handed thread) and converts it to NPT (I have one on an empty bottle I
use as a portable compressed air tank). With some ingenuity, it would
not be very hard to buy two of them, and whatever other fittings you
need to do what you are setting out to do.

http://www.suremarineservice.com/20MP4POL.aspx
http://www.gashosesandregulators.com/brassfittings.html (look at part
204051)

One idea would be to connect the thing in the first link to the thing in
the second link (with a coupler, or find a POL - FPT), but you can
probably come up with something better than that.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

There should be very little evaporating liquid in the system I describe. And no "cold from evaporating liquid" either. As I wrote earlier, refrigeration guys used to tranfer refrigerants using this system, over the years. Before the massive government interference, of course.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
wrote in message ...

Yes, I noticed after that you were talking about consolidating the
propane from several almost empty tanks into one.

You STILL need something other than the hoses from a barBQ. You need
hoses for high pressure gas that can also withstand the cold from
evapourating liquid - and without a pump you need a fairly healthy
temperature differential between the donor and reciever tanks.

So the "if you are going to do something stupid" part is even more
germaine to the discussion.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the idea, but that gadget won't be any help.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message ...

However, if you are dead set on transferring the gas from one tank to
another, maybe you can do something with the following info...

I have no idea if this could be used for your application, but when we
camped a lot, I used to this to fill the 1 lb propane canisters from
my 20 lb tank:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AMC5WO

I recall that I would turn the 20 lb tank over and let her rip. I
don't think it filled the 1 lb canisters all the way, but it sure was
cheaper than buying new 1 pounders before each camping trip.

To use this for 20 lb to 20 lb transfer, you might need some more
adaptors and a hose, at which point, unless you are doing it quite
frequenly, you'll never recover the cost of the equipment vs. simply
paying full price to fill to fill your tanks (assuming no U-Hauls in
the area).

Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't know if the OPD gadget prevents the tank from
dispensing liquid if the tank is upside down. One of the
great learning moments of the world.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Mark" wrote in message ...

i think it may be more complicated..

the tank is filled partly with liquid and partly with vapor. the
connection is set up to let out only the vapor. in fact I think if
you turn the tank upside down to try to flow fluid out, there is a
valve that closes to prevent the flow of liquid. when you go to a
refill place, they have a special setup to flow liquid. If you are
going to transfer by vapor only (by cooling the destination tank), it
will take a long time to transfer a significant amount..

but I am only guessing at this, i could be wrong, anybody know for
sure?
I'd also like to know a good way to transfer propane...

Mark

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mark" wrote in message ...

i think it may be more complicated..

the tank is filled partly with liquid and partly with vapor. the

connection is set up to let out only the vapor. in fact I think if

you turn the tank upside down to try to flow fluid out, there is a

valve that closes to prevent the flow of liquid. when you go to a

refill place, they have a special setup to flow liquid. If you are

going to transfer by vapor only (by cooling the destination tank), it

will take a long time to transfer a significant amount..

but I am only guessing at this, i could be wrong, anybody know for

sure?

I'd also like to know a good way to transfer propane...

Mark

Yes, I believe the valve will close if you turn the new tanks upside down. You need a pump of some sort. It's just not worth it. You must have devices that use propane. Use the tanks up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:28:43 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

What about my U-Haul suggestion (apparently snipped) that you top off the tanks on a price-per-gallon basis?

That sure seems like the easiest and most cost effective solution.

Perhaps this is just an exercise in creative problem solving with no need for an actual, practical solution?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:28:43 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Thanks for the idea, but that gadget won't be any help.

People don't understand what you're trying to do. There is no need to be a dick about it.

You just say "transfer." TO WHAT? A 1lb tank? Another 20lb tank? A larger stationary tank?

RV dealers sell high-pressure hoses with the tank connections, but without regulators for about $20 each, so all you'd need is a brass coupling from Home Depot to connect two of them together.

It's still not going to work: As soon as you tip the source tank over the OPD closes off the valve. You won't be able to transfer the liquid by gravity, and you won't be able to achieve a cold enough temperature on the destination tank using means available to you to "suck" the gas in and turn it back to liquid.

The only way to transfer is with a pump. You'd be $$$ ahead just venting the leftover propane to atmosphere so you can go to the refiller with an empty tank.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 3:54:19 PM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

You don't need to vent it. The refiller will fill a partial tank. He'll still probably charge you for a full tank. Take it to a real propane store that sells it by the gallon in which case you pay for what you need.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/18/2013 4:48 PM, jamesgang wrote:
[...]

Like U-Haul, which I suggested early on, but haven't yet seen an
acknowledgment of.
Posted to alt.home.repair

That means making more trips to the store with part full tanks.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message ...

What about my U-Haul suggestion (apparently snipped) that you top off the tanks on a price-per-gallon basis?

That sure seems like the easiest and most cost effective solution.

Perhaps this is just an exercise in creative problem solving with no need for an actual, practical solution?

Posted to alt.home.repair

One of the challenging aspects of text format, you lose the inflections and tone of voice. There's no need to accuse a matter of fact, logical person of being a dick.

I don't know one way or the other about the OPD tank, have to try it some day. As I understand, when the float goes "up" towards the valve, it closes. With the tank upside down, the float would go "up" which is now away from the tank valve. That might be open, with tank dispensing liquid.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd prefer not to vent off the last of the propane. Just wasteful, is how I view that. I know of one propane fill that sells by the gallon.

One of the fellows I talked to today, says that some propane companies fill on the spot. I'd seen that done with 100 pound tanks and 100 gallon tanks. Not sure anyone will come out to fill eight 30 pounders. Have to make some calls and ask.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..

You don't need to vent it. The refiller will fill a partial tank. He'll still probably charge you for a full tank. Take it to a real propane store that sells it by the gallon in which case you pay for what you need.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Will U-Haul sell me a transfer hose?
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message ...

Like U-Haul, which I suggested early on, but haven't yet seen an
acknowledgment of.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 18:17:23 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

One of the challenging aspects of text format, you lose the inflections and tone of voice. There's no need to accuse a matter of fact, logical person of being a dick.

I don't know one way or the other about the OPD tank, have to try it some day. As I understand, when the float goes "up" towards the valve, it closes. With the tank upside down, the float would go "up" which is now away from the tank valve. That might be open, with tank dispensing liquid.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Look at http://www.nashwauk.net/UnderstandingOPDValves.html

It will not restrict flow when inverted if a proper POL connector is
connected.
.
wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
Will U-Haul sell me a transfer hose?
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Like U-Haul, which I suggested early on, but haven't yet seen an
acknowledgment of.

Now you *are* just being obstinate.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
That means making more trips to the store with part full tanks.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

What about my U-Haul suggestion (apparently snipped) that you top off the
tanks on a price-per-gallon basis?

That sure seems like the easiest and most cost effective solution.

Perhaps this is just an exercise in creative problem solving with no need
for an actual, practical solution?

Umm...let's see...maybe take all of the partially full tanks in be trip?

Wow! What a concept!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Obstinate. adv. Staying on topic."
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
Will U-Haul sell me a transfer hose?
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Like U-Haul, which I suggested early on, but haven't yet seen an
acknowledgment of.

Now you *are* just being obstinate.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I called the camp ground, see if they can loan
me a pickup truck. They cannot. Do you have
a pickup truck you can loan me for a day?

My vehicle(s) at present won't carry eight
thirty pounder tanks.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
That means making more trips to the store with part full tanks.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.

Umm...let's see...maybe take all of the partially full tanks in be trip?

Wow! What a concept!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you, glad that someone has done actual testss.
Your google-fu is excellent, today.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
wrote in message ...

Look at http://www.nashwauk.net/UnderstandingOPDValves.html

It will not restrict flow when inverted if a proper POL connector is
connected.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
That means making more trips to the store with part full tanks.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
* *www.lds.org
.
.

Umm...let's see...maybe take all of the partially full tanks in be trip?

Wow! What a concept!

In an earlier post you hinted that one of us wasn't staying on topic.
We are certainly in a grey area here.

First, let's start with the info you originally provided: "I've got a
couple part full propane tanks"

Now, less than 72 hours later, you tell us "My vehicle(s) at present
won't carry eight thirty pounder tanks."

So, either you've changed the requirements from "a couple" (2) to "8
partially full tanks" or you've (stupidly) used some propane from 6
full tanks when you should have been drawing down from the partially
full tanks. Which is it?

You really shouldn't (sarcastically) ask me to lend you a pick up
truck when my suggestion was based entirely on the information ("a
couple...of tanks") that you originally provided to the group.

Second, "...and would like to transfer some of the propane, and take
the (now) empties to fill."

Granted, your question was how to transfer propane from one tank to
another, but that shouldn't preclude anyone from for offering
suggestions that will ultimately result in your final goal, which
appears to be that you want all of your tanks to be full. The whole
concept behind this ng is to offer suggestions that result in
fulfilling the final objective, especially if it appears that there is
a much simpler solution than what the OP is thinking of doing. Let's
try another example...

Let's say someone asks this question:

"I need to paint a room and the only painting equipment I have is a
Home Depot brand 2" brush and Purdy 2" brush. Which do think is the
better quality brush for painting this room."

Would you complain that we were off-topic if we suggested that the OP
buy a roller? After all, his "on-topic" question was which is the
better quality brush.

All I did was offer a suggestion that will ultimately get you to your
final goal, based on the (now apparently incorrect) information that
you provided.

I eagerly await your next sarcastic response.

Posted to alt.home.repair

OK, so you admit that you're off topic, thread drifting, mind reading what is my ultimate (but not stated) goal, and now working on incorrect information. Do I have it, so far? Just checking.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message ...

Umm...let's see...maybe take all of the partially full tanks in be trip?

Wow! What a concept!

(snip)
Now, less than 72 hours later, you tell us "My vehicle(s) at present
won't carry eight thirty pounder tanks."

(snip)
Granted, your question was how to transfer propane from one tank to
another, but that shouldn't preclude anyone from for offering
suggestions that will ultimately result in your final goal, which
appears to be that you want all of your tanks to be full.

(snip)
All I did was offer a suggestion that will ultimately get you to your
final goal, based on the (now apparently incorrect) information that
you provided.

I eagerly await your next sarcastic response.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 19, 11:18*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
[...]

I see that you are not willing to admit that you gave us inaccurate
information. I see you'd rather change the subject than admit your
error.

There is obviously no need for you to directly address your "couple"
vs. 8 statements because I think that would be thread drift, right?

As far as your stated goal, it was "and take the (now) empties to
fill." The end result is that you want at least some, if not all, of
your tanks to eventually be full, correct? Topping off the partially
full tanks accomplishes that goal. Whether you do it in your yard or
have U-Haul do it in theirs, you'd still end up with full tanks.

If you can stop being so sarcastic for just a second, you might see
how my U-Haul suggestion works perfectly fine based on the original
information given.

You are one of the many members of this group who often (correctly)
requests that posters supply enough information for us to provide an
decent answer and yet here you are either giving out incorrect
information in your OP or possibly making stuff up later on as a means
to shoot down the suggestions of those that are trying help you. There
is obviously no need for you and I to continue this discussion since
odds are you'll just keep twisting the facts to make yourself look
right. I'm OK with that if it makes you feel better because, after
all, my only goal was to try and help you out. If I can't help you get
your tanks full, I can at least make your ego soar by providing an
outlet for your sarcastic comments. Either way, I feel that I have
been of some assistance to you.

I wish you the best of luck in finding the correct hoses and
regulators to transfer the gas from one of your 2 tanks to the other 1
or from some of your 8 to 3 or 4 or however many it takes for you to
end up with empty tanks. Once the transfer is complete, I wish you the
best of luck in finding a vehicle that can carry however many tanks
you need to get filled or I wish you the best of luck that you can
combine other errands with your tank filling trips so that you don't
have to make multiple trips just to get propane assuming you can't
carry all of your empty tanks in one load.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane transfer hose Don't feed the troll

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Now you *are* just being obstinate.

Stormy is just a troll Kill-file him.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

I prefer to keep threads on topic. If that offends you, do what you must.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Tekkie®" wrote in message ...
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Now you *are* just being obstinate.

Stormy is just a troll Kill-file him.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair,free.usenet,free.spirit

Somebody should've kill filed this thing's mother...

--
changed the subject line

From: =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= Tekkie comcast.net
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Propane transfer hose Don't feed the troll
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 19:28:25 -0400

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Now you *are* just being obstinate.

Stormy is just a troll Kill-file him.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:20:08 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Will U-Haul sell me a transfer hose?

There's no such thing as a transfer hose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:17:23 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
One of the challenging aspects of text format, you lose the inflections and tone of voice. There's no need to accuse a matter of fact, logical person of being a dick.

No there isn't. If you were being matter-of-fact and logical I wouldn't have.

But, you were clearly having a conniption fit because people weren't answering your exact question exactly the way you wanted it exactly answered. That by definition is being a dick.

The problem is no matter how much you stomp your feet and hold your breath and insist that people tell you what you want to hear, what you want cannot be done. There is simply no way to connect two 30lb tanks together and transfer all the propane out of one into the other without an expensive pump setup.

I don't know one way or the other about the OPD tank, have to try it some day. As I understand, when the float goes "up" towards the valve, it closes. With the tank upside down, the float would go "up" which is now away from the tank valve. That might be open, with tank dispensing liquid.

You understand incorrectly.

It is not a float. It is a "sink" as in it moves toward the pull of gravity.. When the tank is upright it drops away from the tank valve and allows propane to flow.

With the tank upside down it would again go "down" which is now toward the tank valve.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'll have to invent one.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
wrote in message ...
On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:20:08 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Will U-Haul sell me a transfer hose?

There's no such thing as a transfer hose.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't want to transfer "all" but "most" would be nice. Someone already posted the link to how it's possible. Sorry, dude, but you're mistaken.
http://www.gswagner.com/propane/propane.html
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus