Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane transfer hose

Thanks for the idea, but that gadget won't be any help.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message ...

However, if you are dead set on transferring the gas from one tank to
another, maybe you can do something with the following info...

I have no idea if this could be used for your application, but when we
camped a lot, I used to this to fill the 1 lb propane canisters from
my 20 lb tank:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AMC5WO

I recall that I would turn the 20 lb tank over and let her rip. I
don't think it filled the 1 lb canisters all the way, but it sure was
cheaper than buying new 1 pounders before each camping trip.

To use this for 20 lb to 20 lb transfer, you might need some more
adaptors and a hose, at which point, unless you are doing it quite
frequenly, you'll never recover the cost of the equipment vs. simply
paying full price to fill to fill your tanks (assuming no U-Hauls in
the area).