Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Propane transfer hose

On Jun 17, 8:43*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Good thought. I also find them sometimes on curb side. Sometimes the regulators are right at the tank fitting, so might need some work to make it function. Thanks for the good idea.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
* *www.lds.org
.
.

"nestork" wrote in ...

You can buy hoses suitable for connecting a propane tank to a bar-b-que
at any propane distributor. *Maybe you can just butcher two such hoses
to make a propane bottle to propane bottle transfer hose.

--
nestork

i think it may be more complicated..

the tank is filled partly with liquid and partly with vapor. the
connection is set up to let out only the vapor. in fact I think if
you turn the tank upside down to try to flow fluid out, there is a
valve that closes to prevent the flow of liquid. when you go to a
refill place, they have a special setup to flow liquid. If you are
going to transfer by vapor only (by cooling the destination tank), it
will take a long time to transfer a significant amount..

but I am only guessing at this, i could be wrong, anybody know for
sure?
I'd also like to know a good way to transfer propane...

Mark