Posted to alt.home.repair
jamesgang jamesgang is offline

Default Propane transfer hose

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:29:31 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I don't know if the OPD gadget prevents the tank from

dispensing liquid if the tank is upside down. One of the

great learning moments of the world.

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn more about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

.

"Mark" wrote in message ...

i think it may be more complicated..

the tank is filled partly with liquid and partly with vapor. the

connection is set up to let out only the vapor. in fact I think if

you turn the tank upside down to try to flow fluid out, there is a

valve that closes to prevent the flow of liquid. when you go to a

refill place, they have a special setup to flow liquid. If you are

going to transfer by vapor only (by cooling the destination tank), it

will take a long time to transfer a significant amount..

but I am only guessing at this, i could be wrong, anybody know for

sure?

I'd also like to know a good way to transfer propane...

Mark

Yes, I believe the valve will close if you turn the new tanks upside down. You need a pump of some sort. It's just not worth it. You must have devices that use propane. Use the tanks up.