Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dennisgauge@gmail.com is offline

Default Propane transfer hose

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:17:23 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
One of the challenging aspects of text format, you lose the inflections and tone of voice. There's no need to accuse a matter of fact, logical person of being a dick.

No there isn't. If you were being matter-of-fact and logical I wouldn't have.

But, you were clearly having a conniption fit because people weren't answering your exact question exactly the way you wanted it exactly answered. That by definition is being a dick.

The problem is no matter how much you stomp your feet and hold your breath and insist that people tell you what you want to hear, what you want cannot be done. There is simply no way to connect two 30lb tanks together and transfer all the propane out of one into the other without an expensive pump setup.

I don't know one way or the other about the OPD tank, have to try it some day. As I understand, when the float goes "up" towards the valve, it closes. With the tank upside down, the float would go "up" which is now away from the tank valve. That might be open, with tank dispensing liquid.

You understand incorrectly.

It is not a float. It is a "sink" as in it moves toward the pull of gravity.. When the tank is upright it drops away from the tank valve and allows propane to flow.

With the tank upside down it would again go "down" which is now toward the tank valve.