Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default Propane transfer hose

On 06/17/2013 10:41 AM, Mark wrote:

the tank is filled partly with liquid and partly with vapor. the
connection is set up to let out only the vapor. in fact I think if
you turn the tank upside down to try to flow fluid out, there is a
valve that closes to prevent the flow of liquid.

I refill my little one pound bottle from the big tank just fine. The
trick is to invert the big tank so that the liquid can settle down into
the little tank, which is at a lower position. This way, the density of
the liquid propane, being greater than that of the gas, will go into the
lower receptacle.

when you go to a
refill place, they have a special setup to flow liquid. If you are
going to transfer by vapor only (by cooling the destination tank), it
will take a long time to transfer a significant amount..

Any of the places I go to use a pump to put the liquid into the tank.
In the big tank they have, the fill tube goes down into the liquid.

Jon