Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane transfer hose

I don't know if the OPD gadget prevents the tank from
dispensing liquid if the tank is upside down. One of the
great learning moments of the world.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Mark" wrote in message ...

i think it may be more complicated..

the tank is filled partly with liquid and partly with vapor. the
connection is set up to let out only the vapor. in fact I think if
you turn the tank upside down to try to flow fluid out, there is a
valve that closes to prevent the flow of liquid. when you go to a
refill place, they have a special setup to flow liquid. If you are
going to transfer by vapor only (by cooling the destination tank), it
will take a long time to transfer a significant amount..

but I am only guessing at this, i could be wrong, anybody know for
sure?
I'd also like to know a good way to transfer propane...

Mark