Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Propane transfer hose

On Jun 19, 7:34*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I called the camp ground, see if they can loan
me a pickup truck. They cannot. Do you have
a pickup truck you can loan me for a day?

My vehicle(s) at present won't carry eight
thirty pounder tanks.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
* *www.lds.org
.
.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in ...
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
That means making more trips to the store with part full tanks.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
* *www.lds.org
.
.

Umm...let's see...maybe take all of the partially full tanks in be trip?

Wow! What a concept!

In an earlier post you hinted that one of us wasn't staying on topic.
We are certainly in a grey area here.

First, let's start with the info you originally provided: "I've got a
couple part full propane tanks"

Now, less than 72 hours later, you tell us "My vehicle(s) at present
won't carry eight thirty pounder tanks."

So, either you've changed the requirements from "a couple" (2) to "8
partially full tanks" or you've (stupidly) used some propane from 6
full tanks when you should have been drawing down from the partially
full tanks. Which is it?

You really shouldn't (sarcastically) ask me to lend you a pick up
truck when my suggestion was based entirely on the information ("a
couple...of tanks") that you originally provided to the group.

Second, "...and would like to transfer some of the propane, and take
the (now) empties to fill."

Granted, your question was how to transfer propane from one tank to
another, but that shouldn't preclude anyone from for offering
suggestions that will ultimately result in your final goal, which
appears to be that you want all of your tanks to be full. The whole
concept behind this ng is to offer suggestions that result in
fulfilling the final objective, especially if it appears that there is
a much simpler solution than what the OP is thinking of doing. Let's
try another example...

Let's say someone asks this question:

"I need to paint a room and the only painting equipment I have is a
Home Depot brand 2" brush and Purdy 2" brush. Which do think is the
better quality brush for painting this room."

Would you complain that we were off-topic if we suggested that the OP
buy a roller? After all, his "on-topic" question was which is the
better quality brush.

All I did was offer a suggestion that will ultimately get you to your
final goal, based on the (now apparently incorrect) information that
you provided.

I eagerly await your next sarcastic response.