Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Propane transfer hose

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 21:06:35 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Congratulations! You have provided three links
to the WRONG item, one which I already have,
and have used, and doesn't do what I originally
asked for. Please collect your prize between 9 AM
and 5 PM EDT.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.
wrote in message ...
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 08:43:24 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Buy the proper fittings to do it safely - in brass.

on ebay at the moment -
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Propane-Refil...-/230816025641

or google Mr. Heater F276172
or
http://www.amazon.com/Propane-Tank-R.../dp/B008BXJBRG

or Harbour Fright -
http://www.harborfreight.com/propane...kit-45989.html

If you are going to do something "stupid" you may as well do it as
safely as possible.

And by the way - it is not illegal to refill a container, but it IS
illegal to transport it.

Yes, I noticed after that you were talking about consolidating the
propane from several almost empty tanks into one.

You STILL need something other than the hoses from a barBQ. You need
hoses for high pressure gas that can also withstand the cold from
evapourating liquid - and without a pump you need a fairly healthy
temperature differential between the donor and reciever tanks.

So the "if you are going to do something stupid" part is even more
germaine to the discussion.