Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Propane transfer hose

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:28:43 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Thanks for the idea, but that gadget won't be any help.

.

Christopher A. Young

Learn more about Jesus

www.lds.org

.

.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message ...

However, if you are dead set on transferring the gas from one tank to

another, maybe you can do something with the following info...

I have no idea if this could be used for your application, but when we

camped a lot, I used to this to fill the 1 lb propane canisters from

my 20 lb tank:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AMC5WO

I recall that I would turn the 20 lb tank over and let her rip. I

don't think it filled the 1 lb canisters all the way, but it sure was

cheaper than buying new 1 pounders before each camping trip.

To use this for 20 lb to 20 lb transfer, you might need some more

adaptors and a hose, at which point, unless you are doing it quite

frequenly, you'll never recover the cost of the equipment vs. simply

paying full price to fill to fill your tanks (assuming no U-Hauls in

the area).

What about my U-Haul suggestion (apparently snipped) that you top off the tanks on a price-per-gallon basis?

That sure seems like the easiest and most cost effective solution.

Perhaps this is just an exercise in creative problem solving with no need for an actual, practical solution?