Posted to alt.home.repair

Default anyone know how to find out who reported my house to a neighborhood services department for city of phx?

I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services deptmnt. neighborhood preservation division
I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out
this info?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message news:8P2_g.1543$rS.1043@fed1read05...
I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services deptmnt.
neighborhood preservation division
I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and
possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out
this info?

I know it sounds crazy, but I'd call the department that handles the
complaints. Everyone in this newsgroup has access to your city's records,
but we're really busy today so we might not be able to check for you. What
did you get written up for?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message news:8P2_g.1543$rS.1043@fed1read05...

I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services deptmnt.

neighborhood preservation division
I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and

possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out
this info?

Telephone city hall and ask. Common law suggests
you have a right to know what the complaint is, perhaps
also the identity of the complainant.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article 8P2_g.1543$rS.1043@fed1read05, says...

I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services deptmnt.
neighborhood preservation division
I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and possibly by
whom. Anyone know how to find out
this info?

The reason you need to know this is _______________??

Is the violatin a valid one or not?

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default anyone know how to find out who reported my house to aneighbor...

I just looked it up who complained, fix up your dump.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:55:48 GMT, wrote:

I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services deptmnt. neighborhood preservation division
I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out
this info?

Since you asked so nicely..... It was me. I don't like you. I've
never met you and I live a long long way away from you, but I decided
you were the one to harrass. It just seemed the right thing to do at
the time. It was easy. I just Googled neighborhood services deptmnt.
neighborhood preservation division, and your name just popped right
out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:

Response I would give. If I have neighbors that violate codes and I
complain to them and they continue. I call authorities. Why do we pay
taxes for code depts. and police, if they are not doing their job?
And, it should be anonomous to prevent the situation where personal
conflict and bodily harm could result.

Most people would probably pick up the phone and call an agency, rather
than confront the person face to face. Kind of like Usenet without the
typing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message news:8P2_g.1543$rS.1043@fed1read05...
I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services deptmnt.
neighborhood preservation division
I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and
possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out
this info?

You can't. That's part of what makes the system work. If it's a valid
complaint, fix the issue. If it's invalid, then you should be easilly
'cleared' by the city.

No valid need to know. Snub all of your neighbors, if you must...

-Tim

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

What difference does it make? Are you guilty of the infraction or not? If you
are, you could make better use of your time fixing the problem rather than
looking for the one who reported it.

I've turned in some of my neighbors over a long period of time. It generally
ends up being the same one or two all the time. They just never catch on that
grass should be less than waist deep. It's not like I don't wait several weeks
while the grass grows before I report it, hoping they'll eventually do the right
thing. Some people are just too dense to take the hint.

I'd hate for them to find out it was me. As emotional as they get, they might
come over to my house trying to hurt me and I'd have to shoot them. Better for
everyone if they didn't know. Better for everyone if they'd keep their yard
cut.

I can see you're new at this. You go over to house and shoot them
while they're in their yard. With waist deep grass it'll be a while
before the bodies are found.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
[...]

Sometimes, there's no talking to people about the most reasonable, simple
things. The elderly lady across the street from me has a pair of billion
watt floodlights on the front of her garage. They go on with the same switch
that works the inside garage lights, which is where she keeps her recycling
bins. Occasionally, she forgets to turn them off, and the floods were
installed by a monkey: They're pointed straight out. The illuminate my
bedroom (yeah - I have curtains) enough to actually read. Sleeping is
impossible when they're on.

So, one day, I went over to ask if I could adjust the aim for her. The woman
goes over the edge, telling me "I never use those lights, so I have no idea
what you're talking about. I've lived here 50 years and I've never had a
complaint. You've got some nerve bothering me like this!" Her son, who was
visiting, comes to the door and says "Ma...if you never used the lights, why
would he be asking about them?" She points to the post light in the yard and
says "I need that light on. It's for security and I do NOT want you touching
it!" Her son says "Ma...not that light - the floodlight on the garage".
Anyway....he waited for her to take a nap, ran to my house, borrowed a
wrench and stepladder, and fixed the problem.

Sometimes, it's just not worth trying.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

[...]

......or eaten by crows. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message news:8P2_g.1543$rS.1043@fed1read05...
I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services deptmnt.
neighborhood preservation division
I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and
possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out
this info?

Two points you omitted.

What you did.

Who turned you in. (you know or have a pretty good idea)

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , JoeSpareBedroom says...

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
m...
wrote:
[...]

??!?

But you just told us about a case where it WAS worth trying....

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , JoeSpareBedroom says...

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
om...
wrote:
[...]

Yeah, but had the son not been there....you know what I mean. He left a day
later.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Yeah, but had the son not been there....you know what I mean. He left a day
later.

That one might have been time to get out the pellet gun. If the son hadn't been
there to see reason, I'd have no problem whatsoever with finding a solution to
my satisfaction. The old hag probably never would have even noticed.

I'm so glad my biggest problems around here are overgrown vegetation and
mosquito control.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Yeah, but had the son not been there....you know what I mean. He left a
day
later.

That one might have been time to get out the pellet gun. If the son
hadn't been there to see reason, I'd have no problem whatsoever with
finding a solution to my satisfaction. The old hag probably never would
have even noticed.

I'm so glad my biggest problems around here are overgrown vegetation and
mosquito control.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

I was considering just walking over there at night and unscrewing the bulbs
just enough to kill the light. I consulted with my other neighbor, a
sensible man who likes beer. He said "Burp....yeah. I like that idea".

Posted to alt.home.repair

1
From: - view profile
Date: Fri, Apr 8 2005 11:03 am
Email:
Groups: alt.home.repair
Not yet rated
Rating:
show options
original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

WE/My roomate got a notice about building without a permit. We haven't
been building anything,
So we ignored the notice. Then, BAM! We Must tear down the Carport
cover which is made
with steal beams 14ft tall and 40ft long. It came with the house when
she bought the house.
It turns out that it is no where near code and was not permitted
therefore we have to remove it..

SAY WHAT??? That's Crap. It's already there when the house was sold.
If there is a problem shouldn't
the city have dealt with that when previous owners constructed it?
Definately it should not have
been allowed to sell. The house was sold under the prentenses of
being legal.
What do we do?

Reply Rate this post:
Steve B wrote:
wrote in message news:8P2_g.1543$rS.1043@fed1read05...
I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services deptmnt.
neighborhood preservation division
I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and
possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out
this info?

Two points you omitted.

What you did.

Who turned you in. (you know or have a pretty good idea)

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com,
says...

1
From: - view profile
Date: Fri, Apr 8 2005 11:03 am
Email:
[...]

Contact a property lawyer, perhaps he or she will advise you to take it up with
the town. There may be disclosure laws in your area which will give you
recourse to pursue the sellers. Again - property lawyer.

But - still, my question is - what possible good or value is there in knowing
who "turned you in"? Know that I know the violation, I think there's a pretty
good chance someone in the building department noticed it while driving by. Are
you going after him about that??

Banty

Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Tim Fischer wrote:
wrote in message news:8P2_g.1543$rS.1043@fed1read05...
I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services deptmnt.
neighborhood preservation division
I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and
possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out
this info?

You can't. That's part of what makes the system work. If it's a valid
complaint, fix the issue. If it's invalid, then you should be easilly
'cleared' by the city.

No valid need to know. Snub all of your neighbors, if you must...

-Tim

I hope I never live in a neighborhood where my neighbors feel that they
have to whine to the authorities before coming to talk to me about
something they perceive as a problem.

nate

Posted to alt.home.repair

1
From: - view profile
Date: Fri, Apr 8 2005 11:03 am
Email:

Steve B wrote:
wrote in message news:8P2_g.1543$rS.1043@fed1read05...
I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services deptmnt.
neighborhood preservation division
I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and
possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out
this info?

Two points you omitted.

What you did.

Who turned you in. (you know or have a pretty good idea)

Steve

Did you have/use a lawyer when you bought the house? Contact them
first. If not, good luck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

N8N wrote:
Tim Fischer wrote:

wrote in message news:8P2_g.1543$rS.1043@fed1read05...

I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services deptmnt.
neighborhood preservation division
I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and
possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out
this info?

You can't. That's part of what makes the system work. If it's a valid
complaint, fix the issue. If it's invalid, then you should be easilly
'cleared' by the city.

No valid need to know. Snub all of your neighbors, if you must...

-Tim

I hope I never live in a neighborhood where my neighbors feel that they
have to whine to the authorities before coming to talk to me about
something they perceive as a problem.

nate

It isn't the neighborhood, it is the neighbor. I've got neighbors who
stoop to assault when folks don't submit. Then there is vandalism, like
keying cars. Getting a police officer inclined to do paperwork is iffy
where I live. On one occasion, a condo board member liked to turn on
sprinklers when I was in the yard and I called the police again. I was
doing some spray painting outdoors, small project, no noise or waste,
sunday afternoon during time watering was prohibited. FOUR police cars
showed up, one guy did most of the talking. I went back to finish what
I was doing, and the sprinkler came on again before the cops had left.
I walked back out to the officer I had originally spoken with. He said
he didn't enforce building codes, looked at his watch and said, "She's
legal now.", it being a minute or two into LEGAL watering time at that
point. A female officer, sitting in her car, said, "Well, she really
shouldn't be doing that."

The same person had previously assaulted me when I turned the sprinkler
off one evening because I was expecting company and wanted to use the
yard. Good Friday evening! It still makes my hands shake when I
recount it, and haven't thought about it in a while. Condo unit owners
are all well aware of her conduct.

So, it's nice to presume that a nice guy has inadvertenly let something
fall into disrepair and is willing to talk about it. Lots of folks
aren't that way. There was a shooting in our county a few months back
that was the end result of some code issue. One can avoid contact
unless you are dealing with a person who will not be avoided.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Norminn" wrote in message
link.net...
N8N wrote:
Tim Fischer wrote:

[...]

If it's a shared yard, why does one person have control over the sprinklers?
How about unscrewing the handle and removing it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

wrote:
[...]

Easy:

"Hey lady, you got a nest of them deadly African killer bees up there!
Look, right above those lights! You go inside, I'll get them off for
you!"

Posted to alt.home.repair

N8N wrote:
I hope I never live in a neighborhood where my neighbors feel that they
have to whine to the authorities before coming to talk to me about
something they perceive as a problem.

I was out in the yard yesterday when a small group of young teenagers wearing
gang colors came strolling down the middle of the street, causing cars to stop
because they wouldn't get out of the road. All I can hope for is that Darwin
will prevail, as cars regularly speed way in excess of the posted limit. This
used to be a nice neighborhood, but I digress.

Would you want to go knock on *their* door to discuss the length of the grass or
the trash in the front yard?

Sheee-it. I'll call the city.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped

If it's a shared yard, why does one person have control over the sprinklers?
How about unscrewing the handle and removing it?

The system is on a timer - just push button to turn it on or off. Why?
Because I have the neighbors from hell? ) This person is the condo
treasurer, and a bulldog to deal with for the few who want to maintain
the place. I could write a book, but nobody would believe it. A few
deadbeat trust-fund babies, absentee owners, a couple who would do
things properly but have been worn down. A couple who are willing to
lie for each other change the balance of power considerably .. big risk
to confront them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Norminn" wrote in message
hlink.net...
clipped

If it's a shared yard, why does one person have control over the
sprinklers? How about unscrewing the handle and removing it?

The system is on a timer - just push button to turn it on or off. Why?
Because I have the neighbors from hell? ) This person is the condo
treasurer, and a bulldog to deal with for the few who want to maintain the
place. I could write a book, but nobody would believe it. A few deadbeat
trust-fund babies, absentee owners, a couple who would do things properly
but have been worn down. A couple who are willing to lie for each other
change the balance of power considerably .. big risk to confront them.

Oh....I get it. Church ladies and boy scout leaders. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"N8N" wrote in message

I hope I never live in a neighborhood where my neighbors feel that they
have to whine to the authorities before coming to talk to me about
something they perceive as a problem.

That's OK until you've been verbally assaulted a few times by neighbors
that don't care to be responsible neighbors, and don't want to hear about
it. After awhile you find more effective ways to deal with the problem.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote:
Frank wrote:

Response I would give. If I have neighbors that violate codes and I
complain to them and they continue. I call authorities. Why do we pay
taxes for code depts. and police, if they are not doing their job?
And, it should be anonomous to prevent the situation where personal
conflict and bodily harm could result.

Most people would probably pick up the phone and call an agency, rather
than confront the person face to face. Kind of like Usenet without the
typing.

There is a fine line. I'm reminded of talking to an Englishman living
in Geneva. Swiss called authorities when he put bag of trash in
neighboring dumpster because his apartments was full.
He got a vist from police. He thought the whole nation was anal
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article 8P2_g.1543$rS.1043@fed1read05, wrote:
I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services
deptmnt. neighborhood preservation division
I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and
possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out
this info?

Yes

--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore, Maryland -
Posted to alt.home.repair

Response I would give. If I have neighbors that violate codes and I
complain to them and they continue. I call authorities. Why do we pay
taxes for code depts. and police, if they are not doing their job?
And, it should be anonomous to prevent the situation where personal
conflict and bodily harm could result.

Spoken like a true RAT. It is control freaks like you that are turning
a free country into a police state.-Jitney

Contacting contractor to buy our house? (Long) Cina Home Repair 8 March 4th 04 05:40 AM
Adding one more floor to the house? Possible???? AJScott Home Repair 10 February 27th 04 04:34 PM
Old Man Winter Will Hit Us Tonight! Maryjoe Home Repair 29 February 2nd 04 06:26 AM
My house is the only one in the neighborhood with icicles - why? trader-of-some-jacks Home Repair 24 January 31st 04 02:02 PM
Zienth Vertical Squish (How do I find and test the Capacitor?) Kevin Cornwell Electronics Repair 8 September 15th 03 02:17 PM