Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty Banty is offline

Default anyone know how to find out who reported my house to a neighborhood services department for city of phx?

In article .com,
says...

1
From: - view profile
Date: Fri, Apr 8 2005 11:03 am
Email:
Groups: alt.home.repair
Not yet rated
Rating:
show options
original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

WE/My roomate got a notice about building without a permit. We haven't
been building anything,
So we ignored the notice. Then, BAM! We Must tear down the Carport
cover which is made
with steal beams 14ft tall and 40ft long. It came with the house when
she bought the house.
It turns out that it is no where near code and was not permitted
therefore we have to remove it..

SAY WHAT??? That's Crap. It's already there when the house was sold.
If there is a problem shouldn't
the city have dealt with that when previous owners constructed it?
Definately it should not have
been allowed to sell. The house was sold under the prentenses of
being legal.
What do we do?

Contact a property lawyer, perhaps he or she will advise you to take it up with
the town. There may be disclosure laws in your area which will give you
recourse to pursue the sellers. Again - property lawyer.

But - still, my question is - what possible good or value is there in knowing
who "turned you in"? Know that I know the violation, I think there's a pretty
good chance someone in the building department noticed it while driving by. Are
you going after him about that??

Banty