Posted to alt.home.repair

Default anyone know how to find out who reported my house to a neighborhood services department for city of phx?

"Norminn" wrote in message
link.net...
N8N wrote:
Tim Fischer wrote:

wrote in message news:8P2_g.1543$rS.1043@fed1read05...

I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services
deptmnt.
neighborhood preservation division
I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and
possibly by whom. Anyone know how to find out
this info?

You can't. That's part of what makes the system work. If it's a valid
complaint, fix the issue. If it's invalid, then you should be easilly
'cleared' by the city.

No valid need to know. Snub all of your neighbors, if you must...

-Tim

I hope I never live in a neighborhood where my neighbors feel that they
have to whine to the authorities before coming to talk to me about
something they perceive as a problem.

nate

It isn't the neighborhood, it is the neighbor. I've got neighbors who
stoop to assault when folks don't submit. Then there is vandalism, like
keying cars. Getting a police officer inclined to do paperwork is iffy
where I live. On one occasion, a condo board member liked to turn on
sprinklers when I was in the yard and I called the police again. I was
doing some spray painting outdoors, small project, no noise or waste,
sunday afternoon during time watering was prohibited. FOUR police cars
showed up, one guy did most of the talking. I went back to finish what I
was doing, and the sprinkler came on again before the cops had left. I
walked back out to the officer I had originally spoken with. He said he
didn't enforce building codes, looked at his watch and said, "She's legal
now.", it being a minute or two into LEGAL watering time at that point. A
female officer, sitting in her car, said, "Well, she really shouldn't be
doing that."

The same person had previously assaulted me when I turned the sprinkler
off one evening because I was expecting company and wanted to use the
yard. Good Friday evening! It still makes my hands shake when I recount
it, and haven't thought about it in a while. Condo unit owners are all
well aware of her conduct.

If it's a shared yard, why does one person have control over the sprinklers?
How about unscrewing the handle and removing it?