Posted to alt.home.repair

Default anyone know how to find out who reported my house to a neighborhood services department for city of phx?

"Banty" wrote in message
In article , JoeSpareBedroom says...

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
om...
wrote:
I recently got a violation from the city's neighborhood services
deptmnt.
neighborhood preservation division
I would like to look up the actual complaint filed to the city, and
possibly
by whom. Anyone know how to find out this info?

What difference does it make? Are you guilty of the infraction or not?
If you are, you could make better use of your time fixing the problem
rather than looking for the one who reported it.

I've turned in some of my neighbors over a long period of time. It
generally ends up being the same one or two all the time. They just
never
catch on that grass should be less than waist deep. It's not like I
don't
wait several weeks while the grass grows before I report it, hoping
they'll eventually do the right thing. Some people are just too dense
take the hint.

I'd hate for them to find out it was me. As emotional as they get, they
might come over to my house trying to hurt me and I'd have to shoot
them.
Better for everyone if they didn't know. Better for everyone if they'd
keep their yard cut.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Sometimes, there's no talking to people about the most reasonable, simple
things. The elderly lady across the street from me has a pair of billion
watt floodlights on the front of her garage. They go on with the same
switch
that works the inside garage lights, which is where she keeps her
recycling
bins. Occasionally, she forgets to turn them off, and the floods were
installed by a monkey: They're pointed straight out. The illuminate my
bedroom (yeah - I have curtains) enough to actually read. Sleeping is
impossible when they're on.

So, one day, I went over to ask if I could adjust the aim for her. The
woman
goes over the edge, telling me "I never use those lights, so I have no
idea
what you're talking about. I've lived here 50 years and I've never had a
complaint. You've got some nerve bothering me like this!" Her son, who was
visiting, comes to the door and says "Ma...if you never used the lights,
why
would he be asking about them?" She points to the post light in the yard
and
says "I need that light on. It's for security and I do NOT want you
touching
it!" Her son says "Ma...not that light - the floodlight on the garage".
Anyway....he waited for her to take a nap, ran to my house, borrowed a
wrench and stepladder, and fixed the problem.

Sometimes, it's just not worth trying.

??!?

But you just told us about a case where it WAS worth trying....
Banty

Yeah, but had the son not been there....you know what I mean. He left a day
later.