Old July 31st 20, 10:53 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Reliablest cars

On 7/30/2020 11:41 AM, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 7/30/20 1:36 PM, Martin James Smith wrote:
Hi all,

Say I wanted to buy the most reliable new compact car on the market
right now, the one least likely to ever break down on me in the
future, what would it be?

cheers,

MS

A 1965 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 6' bed pickup truck.

I've owned a Toyota pickup truck (18R engine), Corolla, Celica, an 89
Acura Integra, and I'm driving a 2001 Civic Ex. I thought they were all
great: reliable, low smog, good power and mileage, decent handling, low
maintenance, no surprises or egregious design flaws, and I could do most
of the work on them myself. I guess I would say Honda or Acura, and then
Toyota coming in a very close second.

Old July 31st 20, 07:59 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 1:36:58 PM UTC-5, Martin James Smith wrote:
Hi all,

Say I wanted to buy the most reliable new compact car on the market
right now, the one least likely to ever break down on me in the
future, what would it be?

cheers,

MS

Is "reliablest" even a word?
Old July 31st 20, 09:14 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2020/07/31 11:59 a.m., Terry Schwartz wrote:
On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 1:36:58 PM UTC-5, Martin James Smith wrote:
Hi all,

Say I wanted to buy the most reliable new compact car on the market
right now, the one least likely to ever break down on me in the
future, what would it be?

cheers,

MS

Is "reliablest" even a word?

How is the Lada doing these days? I recall when everyone was talking
about the little Russian car...

John ;-#)#

Old July 31st 20, 09:54 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 11:59:21 -0700 (PDT), Terry Schwartz wrote:
On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 1:36:58 PM UTC-5, Martin James Smith wrote:

Say I wanted to buy the most reliable new compact car on the market
right now, the one least likely to ever break down on me in the
future, what would it be?

Is "reliablest" even a word?

Is any of this even OT?
Old July 31st 20, 10:04 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

[snip]

Say I wanted to buy the most reliable new compact car on the market
right now, the one least likely to ever break down on me in the
future, what would it be?

These new folk, perhaps?

https://www.axios.com/kandi-model-k2...40cb89732.html

Old August 1st 20, 12:08 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 7/31/20 1:59 PM, Terry Schwartz wrote:
Is "reliablest" even a word?

It would be for oldtubeguy.
But he'd have to find a pair of shoelaces first.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Old August 1st 20, 06:19 AM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/08/2020 6:14 am, John Robertson wrote:
On 2020/07/31 11:59 a.m., Terry Schwartz wrote:
On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 1:36:58 PM UTC-5, Martin James Smith wrote:
Hi all,

Say I wanted to buy the most reliable new compact car on the market
right now, the one least likely to ever break down on me in the
future, what would it be?

cheers,

MS

Is "reliablest" even a word?

How is the Lada doing these days? I recall when everyone was talking
about the little Russian car...

John ;-#)#

**Well, Lada copied Fiat (under licence, I believe), so, that answers
that question. The Italians are renowned for building the least reliable
cars and the Russians made them worse.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Old August 1st 20, 04:28 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 15:19:20 +1000, Trevor Wilson
wrote:

**Well, Lada copied Fiat (under licence, I believe), so, that answers
that question. The Italians are renowned for building the least reliable
cars and the Russians made them worse.

During the latter part of the 1980s I worked with a group of guys who
all drove Ladas, loved 'em to bits and would not hear a bad word said
about them. So each to their own, I guess. I never met anyone who ever
owned a Wartburg, though. I'd imagine they were a tougher proposition
to defend, but I'll wager there are folk out there who're just as
passionate about even those old bangers.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Old August 1st 20, 04:52 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 1:19:23 AM UTC-4, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 1/08/2020 6:14 am, John Robertson wrote:
On 2020/07/31 11:59 a.m., Terry Schwartz wrote:
On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 1:36:58 PM UTC-5, Martin James Smith wrote:
Hi all,

Say I wanted to buy the most reliable new compact car on the market
right now, the one least likely to ever break down on me in the
future, what would it be?

cheers,

MS

Is "reliablest" even a word?

How is the Lada doing these days? I recall when everyone was talking
about the little Russian car...

John ;-#)#

**Well, Lada copied Fiat (under licence, I believe), so, that answers
that question. The Italians are renowned for building the least reliable
cars and the Russians made them worse.

--
Trevor Wilson

LOL I never owned an Italian car and there aren't all that many here in the States either. My dad spent some time in England during WWII while on leave, and he always said the English loved the Italian cars even though they hated the Italians.

The only car I can recall that was truly a rolling toilet was the Yugos imported to the States during the '80s.

Old August 1st 20, 06:04 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

John-Del wrote:
[...]

The Italians are probably the only remaining country who still haven't
managed to produce reliable cars.
In the past, there were several countries that had quite a bad reputation,
e.g. cars from France would appear to be nice but would always rust very
quickly and their technical gadgets would be unreliable.

But that has changed. My French (Peugeot) car is now 16 years old and
it does not rust and is reliable.

However, Italian cars still are a disaster even today.