Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Reliablest cars

On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 6:34:27 PM UTC-4, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 06:33:09 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Homely is used in N. America as a uphamism for ugly. Usually applied
to young girls. In English English it just means cozy and comfortable
and is only applied to residential dwellings.

That would be euphemism.

That's what I typed in! The spell-checker in my Agent newsreader
(created by the American corp, Forte) changed it to 'uphamism' for
reasons only know to itself.

Why do I very much doubt that? Keep in mind that "Uphamism" is a (forgive the term) Urban-Slang term not much heard or seen outside the ghetto. If that is your goal, go for it. But, at the very least, own it.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA