Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson[_4_] Trevor Wilson[_4_] is offline

Default Reliablest cars

On 4/08/2020 2:26 pm, Pimpom wrote:
On 8/4/2020 3:17 AM, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 4/08/2020 6:38 am, Mike wrote:
In article ,
Trevor WilsonÂ* wrote:

'Absolutely' rather than 'yes' springs to mind.

Oh that is *super* annoying.

The latest trend in avoiding using "very" in its correct context

**Don't get me started. The term 'very unique' springs to mind. YIKES!

Then again: I watch 'Escape to the Country' from British TV. Every time
some nong says: "Oh, that is very homely". I just want to scream.

Look up 'homely' in the dictionary, you stupid poms.

Here in multi-racial multi-cultural India, arranged marriage is the norm
among the majority races (not with my own minority people). I'm both
amused and aghast to see matrimonial ads in newspapers and magazines
almost invariably describing a prospective bride as 'homely'.

**YIKES!

Indian English is based on British English but I didn't know the Brits
used 'homely' the same way.

**I've seen hundreds of episodes of Escape to the Country. Only once,
have I heard the correct word: 'Homey' used. Even from seemly well
educated Poms, the term: 'homely' is most often used.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au