Old July 30th 20, 07:36 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Reliablest cars

Hi all,

Say I wanted to buy the most reliable new compact car on the market
right now, the one least likely to ever break down on me in the
future, what would it be?

cheers,

MS

Old July 30th 20, 07:41 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 7/30/20 1:36 PM, Martin James Smith wrote:
Hi all,

Say I wanted to buy the most reliable new compact car on the market
right now, the one least likely to ever break down on me in the
future, what would it be?

cheers,

MS

A 1965 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 6' bed pickup truck.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Old July 30th 20, 08:11 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

But only one from inland Texas.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old July 30th 20, 08:18 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

How high is "UP"?

About any vehicle above a minimum standard will last, effectively forever with proper maintenance and appropriate driving techniques.

As you are specifying current production by implication, and are not focused just on cost, I suggest you start with the Toyota Prius family, then look at various of the Hyundai family.

All of which get good reports, and Hyundai has its very long warranty.

Then, there is the entire Subaru family - if AWD is an attractant.

With proper care-and-feeding, you should get a reliable 200,000 miles (322,000 km) out of any of them.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old July 30th 20, 10:17 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

Martin James Smith wrote:

Hi all,

Say I wanted to buy the most reliable new compact car on the market
right now, the one least likely to ever break down on me in the
future, what would it be?

I've had fantastic luck with Toyota and Honda. I am driving a Honda Civic
hybrid now with over 160K miles on it. Other than standard maintenance, the
only thing needing service was the hybrid battery, covered under
manufacturer's warranty.

We are still running our 2000 Toyota Sienna van with 250K miles. The
plastic door handles are crumbling, and new old stock replacement handles
can be had, but they are also deteriorated, so there's no point in it.
The only service on that one, other than normal stuff (tires, brakes,
battery) is a radiator that I can chalk up to a deer collision years before.

Before that, I had a Toyota Corolla stick shift station wagon that I kept
for 19 years! I got at least 160K miles out of that one, and it was still
running after 2 accidents, when we decided to retire it.

Jon
Old July 30th 20, 11:39 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2020/07/30 12:11 p.m., wrote:
But only one from inland Texas.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

They don't salt the roads in the winter there?

John ;-#)#
Old July 30th 20, 11:42 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , [email protected]
systems.com says...

About any vehicle above a minimum standard will last, effectively forever
with proper maintenance and appropriate driving techniques.

Well, we had several "US label" cars that needed a lot of work, both under
warranty and after warranty expiration. Stuff like engine block water
leaks, AC constantly leaking refrigerant, $3000 transmission overhauls, and
on and on, even before reaching 100K miles.

Some vehicles have known major problems. Like my son had a Nissan
Rouge. The transmission went out at around 135,000 miles and cost him
$ 4000 to replace. Turns out that transmission was known to go bad in
many of them and the company had extended the warrenty to 120,000 miles.
That did not help my son.

I have only bought Toyotas for the last 30 years. Other than normal
wear items like brakes and tires and batteries and scheduled maintence
my 1991 needed a $ 500 sensor at 130,000 miles. Sold it off at slightly
over 190,000 miles with no other problems.

I would never buy anything but a Toyota or Honda unless I needed a full
size truck or some other thing they did not make.
I have had reports that KIA is also good,but not sure.