Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson[_4_] Trevor Wilson[_4_] is offline

Default Reliablest cars

On 4/08/2020 5:50 pm, Andy Burns wrote:
Trevor Wilson wrote:

Every time some nong says: "Oh, that is very homely". I just want to
scream.
Look up 'homely' in the dictionary, you stupid poms.

That's because it's a programme made by brits, for brits, and that's the
way we use the word, to describe homes.Â* Feel free to export your tv
shows to us and use words the way you use them .... personally I've
never heard "homely" used to describe a person.

**Sorry, but I am unable to access the Oxford English Dictionary. I went
for second best:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...english/homely

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic.../english/homey

--