Old September 4th 03, 08:35 PM
Mad Scientist

Default hacking radio shack zip zaps cars?

Does anyone know if it's easy to open up one of those little cars and
get at the relays that control the car, to control other things than
the car? (ie hack into a lego mindstorms set, turn on a TV, etc.)

Old September 4th 03, 10:34 PM
Jerry G.

Why not go to any electronics supply distributor and get some relays for
the application you want? This way you will have a better chance at
doing things right. In your little car, I believe they are using solid
state relays, and these are much more complex to work with.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
om...

Old September 5th 03, 07:39 AM
its you

I second this. I beefed up one of these cars a little while back,
used the original (+ - or - +) signals to turn on relays so I could
run a bigger motor off a seperate bigger battery. Kinda complex, used
lots of diodes and relays, and it was pretty cool until it broke...
On 04 Sep 2003 22:22:08 GMT, (John Del) wrote:

Subject: hacking radio shack zip zaps cars?
From:
(Mad Scientist)
Date: 9/4/03 3:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Does anyone know if it's easy to open up one of those little cars and
get at the relays that control the car, to control other things than
the car? (ie hack into a lego mindstorms set, turn on a TV, etc.)

They're easy to get into (when your sons have them you're always taking them
apart). I don't believe they use relays though.

John Del
Wolcott, CT

"Nothing is so opportune for tyrants as a people tired of its liberty."
Alan Keyes

(remove S for email reply)