Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pimpom Pimpom is offline

Default Reliablest cars

On 8/3/2020 5:11 AM, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 07:01:13 +1000, Trevor Wilson
wrote:

On 3/08/2020 2:58 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 11:59:21 -0700 (PDT), Terry Schwartz
wrote:

Is "reliablest" even a word?

Only in N. America - the country that invented the ghastly "normalcy"
in place of *normality* for no compelling reason whatsoever.

**Oh, my favourite US idiocy is: 'anesthesiologist'.

And, don't get me started on: 'burglarize' or 'aluminum'.

Aloominum they say. And "nucular" - Dubya in particular made me
shudder when he said that.

I think at least *some* Americanisation of spellings are OK, like
center, meter and *some* substitutions of s with z. Maybe there
are subtle differences in the way they are pronounced that are
lost on us non-native users.

However, I find it hard to condone the widespread
mispronunciation of proper names like Iraq as Eye-raq in modern
times. Maybe saying 'Eye-talian' in WWII was understandable, but
not in this age of instant global communication.