Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Reliablest cars

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 08:50:25 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Trevor Wilson wrote:

Every time some nong says: "Oh, that is very homely". I just want to
scream.
Look up 'homely' in the dictionary, you stupid poms.

That's because it's a programme made by brits, for brits, and that's the
way we use the word, to describe homes. Feel free to export your tv
shows to us and use words the way you use them .... personally I've
never heard "homely" used to describe a person.

Homely is used in N. America as a uphamism for ugly. Usually applied
to young girls. In English English it just means cozy and comfortable
and is only applied to residential dwellings.