Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pimpom Pimpom is offline

Default Reliablest cars

On 8/4/2020 3:17 AM, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 4/08/2020 6:38 am, Mike wrote:
In article ,
Trevor Wilson wrote:

'Absolutely' rather than 'yes' springs to mind.

Oh that is *super* annoying.

The latest trend in avoiding using "very" in its correct context

**Don't get me started. The term 'very unique' springs to mind. YIKES!

Then again: I watch 'Escape to the Country' from British TV. Every time
some nong says: "Oh, that is very homely". I just want to scream.

Look up 'homely' in the dictionary, you stupid poms.

Here in multi-racial multi-cultural India, arranged marriage is
the norm among the majority races (not with my own minority
people). I'm both amused and aghast to see matrimonial ads in
newspapers and magazines almost invariably describing a
prospective bride as 'homely'.

Indian English is based on British English but I didn't know the
Brits used 'homely' the same way.