Don

Default Shop Fox

Anybody know how to get ahold of Shop Fox?
Thanks.

Don

"Don" wrote
Anybody know how to get ahold of Shop Fox?
Thanks.

Disregard.
I found their phone number and just called them to find a local distributer.
Called them up and a ditz answered and I asked her for the contact info for
a local distributer of their products.
She only had 1 and that was 25 miles away.
Bear in mind I live in one of the 10th largest cities in FL.
I told her they were making it difficult to do business with them.
She replied arrogantly and insultingly so I bid her farewell.
I called the contact she gave me and got a recording to another number.
I called the other number and the guy told me I would have to order $2000
worth of stuff or wait 30-60 days, after paying him in full, for him to
gather up $2000 worth of orders so he could avoid paying shipping.
I then asked him how much would the shipping be for the Shop Fox H0625 drill
press and he told me he didn't want to waste his time ordering 1 thing.
Okie-Dokie.
Now that I know how difficult it is to just purchase their products my
confidence in their service after the fact has been jeopardized.
If I want this thing it looks like I'll have to order it online.

BTW: Shop Fox's website is: www.shopfox.biz and the phone number is:
1.800.647.8801

And lots of people wonder why I can barely tolerate anyone anymore.

Charlie Self

Don notes:
I found their phone number and just called them to find a local

distributer.
Called them up and a ditz answered and I asked her for the contact info
for
a local distributer of their products.
She only had 1 and that was 25 miles away. Bear in mind I live in one
of the 10th largest cities in FL.
I told her they were making it difficult to do business with them.

Distributors pick up manufacturers lines, not the other way around. The
manufacturers or importers can court them, but they don't own them, so
can't place one in every major city in the U.S. They'd love to have
that many distributors--or retailers, I'm sure, but it isn't Shop Fox
making it hard to do business with you.

Now that I know how difficult it is to just purchase their products

my
confidence in their service after the fact has been jeopardized.
If I want this thing it looks like I'll have to order it online.

Hell, I live in the country, and it's a 35 mile drive to almost
anything, except a Walmart store. That's 12. No one carries Delta,
Powermatic, Jet, Shop Fox or anything else worth having within 35 miles
of me. Cutting 10 miles off the drive would seem great.

And lots of people wonder why I can barely tolerate anyone anymore.

Yeah, well...I don't know what you're like in person, but your post
comes across as bad-tempered because your unrealistic expectations
weren't met. All I can say is, good luck.

Dave Anderson

Contact Grizzly Tools, they are the manufacture and the sell them direct
nuff said
wood addict-
"Don" wrote in message
ink.net...
Anybody know how to get ahold of Shop Fox?
Thanks.

AAvK

I have lived in Fla, and it is a REALLY primitive place. Wouldn't go back
unless I was rich, to live on miami beach part of the year.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Don

"Charlie Self" wrote
Yeah, well...I don't know what you're like in person, but your post
comes across as bad-tempered because your unrealistic expectations
weren't met. All I can say is, good luck.

Look, Shop Fox just ran a huge advertising campaign with Milwaukee (the BIG
red truck) at the place where I get my blades sharpened which is just 6
miles from here, exactly one month ago. I met with several of the Shop Fox
representatives and it was there that I became interested in their products.
Now, 30 days later, their stuff is nowhere to be found.

If not wanting to put up with arrogant receptionists and merchants that
don't want to sell a couple hundred dollars with of merchandise makes me
*bad tempered*, I'm wondering how I have managed to run my own service
business for the past 19 years.

I'm guessing you are just in a bad mood right now Charlie.

Don

"AAvK" wrote
I have lived in Fla, and it is a REALLY primitive place. Wouldn't go back
unless I was rich, to live on miami beach part of the year.

Hey Alex, I am way down in Cape Coral and what you said is true. I can't
even find decent wood around here, so I'm gonna have to buy it online as
well.
I don't know what kind of subserviant world Charlie has become accustomed to
but as a successful business owner I can tell you right now that little
obstacles like an airhead on the telephone won't deter me from my goals.

Don

Yep. Either Grizzly or Amazon will get my money.
Thing is, I like to buy tools in person if at all possible.
Somebody in this group talked up the Shop Fox H0626 oscillating drill press
a little while back and now after stewing on it for a week or two I want one
something fierce.

"Dave Anderson" wrote in message
news3Z0e.24877$oa6.19712@trnddc07...
Contact Grizzly Tools, they are the manufacture and the sell them direct
nuff said
wood addict-
"Don" wrote in message
ink.net...
Anybody know how to get ahold of Shop Fox?
Thanks.

Brian Elfert

"Dave Anderson" writes:

Contact Grizzly Tools, they are the manufacture and the sell them direct
nuff said

I've seen both and I think Shopfox is a step up from Grizzly. Some tool
companies have different lines with varying levels of pricing and quality.

The only Shopfox stuff I have is a mobile base and a workbench base, but I
would strongly consider their cabinet saw if I didn't have a Unisaw.

I usually like to stick with Made in the USA, but that is getting really
hard to do.

Brian Elfert
Don

"Brian Elfert" wrote
"Dave Anderson" writes:
Contact Grizzly Tools, they are the manufacture and the sell them direct
nuff said

I've seen both and I think Shopfox is a step up from Grizzly. Some tool
companies have different lines with varying levels of pricing and quality.

Grizzly has Shop Fox stuff in their catalog.
I think thats what Dave meant.

Brian Elfert

"Don" writes:

Yep. Either Grizzly or Amazon will get my money.
Thing is, I like to buy tools in person if at all possible.
Somebody in this group talked up the Shop Fox H0626 oscillating drill press
a little while back and now after stewing on it for a week or two I want one
something fierce.

'm pretty sure I've seen Shopfox tools on Amazon, but they aren't sold
directly by Amazon, so you have to pay shipping. You might not get the
exact same tool by going to Grizzly.

Brian Elfert
Sam

I think grizzly and shop fox are owned by the same outfit. The only thing
that is different is the paint color and labels.

"Don" wrote in message
k.net...
"Brian Elfert" wrote
"Dave Anderson" writes:
Contact Grizzly Tools, they are the manufacture and the sell them direct
nuff said

I've seen both and I think Shopfox is a step up from Grizzly. Some tool
companies have different lines with varying levels of pricing and

quality.

Grizzly has Shop Fox stuff in their catalog.
I think thats what Dave meant.

J. Clarke

Don wrote:

"Don" wrote
Anybody know how to get ahold of Shop Fox?
Thanks.

Disregard.
I found their phone number and just called them to find a local
distributer. Called them up and a ditz answered and I asked her for the
contact info for a local distributer of their products.

What led you to believe that she was a "ditz"? And did you ask for a
"distributer" or a "dealer"? The two aren't the same.

She only had 1 and that was 25 miles away.
Bear in mind I live in one of the 10th largest cities in FL.

In other words you live in either a bedroom community or a small town.

I told her they were making it difficult to do business with them.

What do you expect them to do, buy a storefront a block down the street from
you?

She replied arrogantly and insultingly so I bid her farewell.
I called the contact she gave me and got a recording to another number.
I called the other number and the guy told me I would have to order $2000
worth of stuff or wait 30-60 days, after paying him in full, for him to
gather up $2000 worth of orders so he could avoid paying shipping.
I then asked him how much would the shipping be for the Shop Fox H0625
drill press and he told me he didn't want to waste his time ordering 1
thing. Okie-Dokie.

Sounds like he's not a very good salesman. Perhaps you should talk to them
about picking up the line if you think you could do better.

Now that I know how difficult it is to just purchase their products my
confidence in their service after the fact has been jeopardized.
If I want this thing it looks like I'll have to order it online.

And this is a problem because?

BTW: Shop Fox's website is: www.shopfox.biz and the phone number is:
1.800.647.8801

And lots of people wonder why I can barely tolerate anyone anymore.

Actually that's pretty clear.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Don

"J. Clarke" wrote
"Don" wrote
Anybody know how to get ahold of Shop Fox?

I found their phone number and just called them to find a local
distributer. Called them up and a ditz answered and I asked her for the
contact info for a local distributer of their products.

What led you to believe that she was a "ditz"?

Well, she put me on hold 3 times. She said *Um* after every other word. She
was not well informed of their office procedures, and didn't know how to
deliver the message effectively. I could go on but I'm certain that in this
day age most people over the age of say, 12 or so, are well aware of the
type of people that generally answer the phones of large corporations.

And did you ask for a
"distributer" or a "dealer"? The two aren't the same.

I initially told her I wanted to purchase at least two Shop Fox products and
I asked for places locally that can sell them to me. She asked for my zip
code which I gave to her. She then proceeded to tell me of a place in
another town, 25-30 miles away through severly dense traffic. Its tourist
season around here and the roads are slammed.

She only had 1 and that was 25 miles away.
Bear in mind I live in one of the 10th largest cities in FL.

In other words you live in either a bedroom community or a small town.

My town, Cape Coral, has a population of more than 125,000 and the town
where she mentioned the dealer was located, Fort Myers, is similarly
populated. Do these sound like small towns. Oh BTW: The population around
here doubles during the tourist season, which is going on right now.

I told her they were making it difficult to do business with them.

What do you expect them to do, buy a storefront a block down the street
from
you?

Are you being deliberately obtuse or what?
I expect Shop Fox to use a business plan similar to their competitors so
that they may be successful in business, to get their products to interested
consumers in various ways.

Right now, I can purchase any sort of Delta, DeWalt, B&D, Skill, Milwaukee,
Ryobi, etc., tool that I might want, from at least several sources within 10
miles of my home. But I can't find anyway at all to puchase Shop Fox
products in person.
Hello? Anyone home in your head?

She replied arrogantly and insultingly so I bid her farewell.
I called the contact she gave me and got a recording to another number.
I called the other number and the guy told me I would have to order $2000
worth of stuff or wait 30-60 days, after paying him in full, for him to
gather up $2000 worth of orders so he could avoid paying shipping.
I then asked him how much would the shipping be for the Shop Fox H0625
drill press and he told me he didn't want to waste his time ordering 1
thing. Okie-Dokie.

Sounds like he's not a very good salesman. Perhaps you should talk to
them
about picking up the line if you think you could do better.

Do better at what? Someone else's job?
No thanks.
I spend most of my time running my own business.

Now that I know how difficult it is to just purchase their products my
confidence in their service after the fact has been jeopardized.
If I want this thing it looks like I'll have to order it online.

And this is a problem because?

sigh
As I said in another post, I'd prefer to make big ticket purchases in
person.
But alas it looks like I will have to make my purchases online.

BTW: Shop Fox's website is: www.shopfox.biz and the phone number is:
1.800.647.8801

And lots of people wonder why I can barely tolerate anyone anymore.

Actually that's pretty clear.

Whats pretty clear John, is that you have a bug in your ass and you want to
take it out on me.
I tried to conduct some friendly business with a large corporation that
didn't seem to care about selling their products.
If you have never been in a similar situation then you should consider
getting out more often.
BTW John, its people with attitudes like yours that are the reason for my
last line above.
Good day, and thanks for nothing. sheesh......

Bill B

Shop Fox is Grizzly's retail store line. Most of it seems to fall at
Grizzly's midpoint, both in quality and pricing.

Woodcraft sells Shop Fox. I also have a local, independent retailer that
also stocks Shop Fox.

Have their mortiser and dust collector. Very good machines.

"Brian Elfert" wrote in message
"Dave Anderson" writes:

Contact Grizzly Tools, they are the manufacture and the sell them direct
nuff said

I've seen both and I think Shopfox is a step up from Grizzly. Some tool
companies have different lines with varying levels of pricing and quality.

The only Shopfox stuff I have is a mobile base and a workbench base, but I
would strongly consider their cabinet saw if I didn't have a Unisaw.

I usually like to stick with Made in the USA, but that is getting really
hard to do.

Brian Elfert

Interious

I've easily accessed Shop Fox (Woodstock) at 800-840-8420.

I recently bought a W1677 table saw and the experience has been a
mixed bag. Purchased from Northwest Powertools, delivered by Conway,
all 3 boxes were damaged. The TS sustained a direct hit right on the
arbor tilt handwheel, bending it and possibly the shaft. Operation
does not seem to be affected.

The fence and mobile base boxes were completely open.

Shop Fox tech absolutely insists that Shop Fox tools are made in
different factory than Grizzly. I don't buy it either, but that's
their claim.
Dave

Anybody know how to get ahold of Shop Fox?
Thanks.

Unquestionably Confused

Don wrote:
"J. Clarke
I initially told her I wanted to purchase at least two Shop Fox products and
I asked for places locally that can sell them to me. She asked for my zip
code which I gave to her. She then proceeded to tell me of a place in
another town, 25-30 miles away through severly dense traffic. Its tourist
season around here and the roads are slammed.

Well, then she's obviously ill-suited to the job. I mean if she doesn't
know the traffic patterns in each locale throughout the country... I'll
be she couldn't even tell you when your local rush hour starts. Amazing

My town, Cape Coral, has a population of more than 125,000 and the town
where she mentioned the dealer was located, Fort Myers, is similarly
populated. Do these sound like small towns. Oh BTW: The population around
here doubles during the tourist season, which is going on right now.

Totally assinine. Shop Fox clearly has no idea how to market and
distribute their products. How many times have we gone on vacation and,
at the last minute, decided to toss a five or six hundred pound table
saw or jointer into the car along with the whining kids and head on back
home.

I think you're reaching a bit with the population argument, Don.

Are you being deliberately obtuse or what?
I expect Shop Fox to use a business plan similar to their competitors so
that they may be successful in business, to get their products to interested
consumers in various ways.

It appears they already have such a plan as they've captured your
interest and the interest of others who seem to think they offer a good
product. Where they fail is to consider that some folks are
unreasonable in their expectations. It sounds as if nothing short of
opening a store front within a block or two of your home/shop will make
you happy. 25-30 miles is NOTHING. You're going there to view the
machine up front and personal and, perhaps, order one. You're not
driving there each time you want to use it.

Right now, I can purchase any sort of Delta, DeWalt, B&D, Skill, Milwaukee,
Ryobi, etc., tool that I might want, from at least several sources within 10
miles of my home. But I can't find anyway at all to puchase Shop Fox
products in person.
Hello? Anyone home in your head?

That settles it. Don't buy the damn thing. Buy a Delta! That'll show
them. Oh, and then fax a copy of your sales order to Shop Fox with the
one word notation "See!" on it. It'll make their blood boil.

Whats pretty clear John, is that you have a bug in your ass and you want to
take it out on me.

Funny line coming from someone who could well be the poster child for
road rage

Good day, and thanks for nothing. sheesh......

Sheesh, indeed!

Edwin Pawlowski

"Don" wrote in message

I found their phone number and just called them to find a local
distributer.
Called them up and a ditz answered and I asked her for the contact info
for a local distributer of their products.
She only had 1 and that was 25 miles away.
Bear in mind I live in one of the 10th largest cities in FL.

BFD. I live between the largest cith in CT, the larges city in RI and the
second larges city in MA and we don't have a Shop Fox dealer that close.
Tablesaws just don't have the distribution that Hormel has for Spam, nor do
they have the same product demand. Perhaps our idea of distance is a bit
different as I drive 26 miles to work each day and think nothing of driving
35 miles to get good kielbasa and rye bread.

I told her they were making it difficult to do business with them.
She replied arrogantly and insultingly so I bid her farewell.

I'm sure you were perfectly pleasant.

I called the contact she gave me and got a recording to another number.
I called the other number and the guy told me I would have to order $2000
worth of stuff or wait 30-60 days, after paying him in full, for him to
gather up $2000 worth of orders so he could avoid paying shipping.
I then asked him how much would the shipping be for the Shop Fox H0625
drill press and he told me he didn't want to waste his time ordering 1
thing.
Okie-Dokie.

OK, you do have a legitimate gripe here. Evidently the guy is just a half
assed dealer and does not stock much, if anything. While I'd normally say
buy local, this is a perfect reason to use Amazon or some other mail order
company.

And lots of people wonder why I can barely tolerate anyone anymore.

Yep, you've got me wondering.

Don

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote
And lots of people wonder why I can barely tolerate anyone anymore.

Yep, you've got me wondering.

Well, the responses from some of the people in this group should be an
indication.
Anyway, I'll be placing a pretty good sized order with Grizzly on Wed.

Don

I was impressed with their stuff when I previewed them a month ago.
Just didn't realize how difficult it is to buy locally.
Guess I'm the only person to realize this.

"Dave Anderson" writes:

Contact Grizzly Tools, they are the manufacture and the sell them direct
nuff said

I've seen both and I think Shopfox is a step up from Grizzly. Some tool
companies have different lines with varying levels of pricing and
quality.

The only Shopfox stuff I have is a mobile base and a workbench base, but
would strongly consider their cabinet saw if I didn't have a Unisaw.

I usually like to stick with Made in the USA, but that is getting really
hard to do.

Brian Elfert

Don

I finally found their number on a catalog I forgot I had.
Yeah, the stuff you mentioned is why I was hesitant to buy their stuff,
damage during shipping.
Looks like if I want Shop Fox stuff I'm gonna have to order it though as no
one has it locally.

"Interious" wrote
I've easily accessed Shop Fox (Woodstock) at 800-840-8420.

I recently bought a W1677 table saw and the experience has been a
mixed bag. Purchased from Northwest Powertools, delivered by Conway,
all 3 boxes were damaged. The TS sustained a direct hit right on the
arbor tilt handwheel, bending it and possibly the shaft. Operation
does not seem to be affected.

The fence and mobile base boxes were completely open.

Shop Fox tech absolutely insists that Shop Fox tools are made in
different factory than Grizzly. I don't buy it either, but that's
their claim.
Dave

Anybody know how to get ahold of Shop Fox?
Thanks.

Don

"Unquestionably Confused" wrote
Don wrote:
I initially told her I wanted to purchase at least two Shop Fox products
and I asked for places locally that can sell them to me. She asked for my
zip code which I gave to her. She then proceeded to tell me of a place in
another town, 25-30 miles away through severly dense traffic. Its tourist
season around here and the roads are slammed.

Well, then she's obviously ill-suited to the job. I mean if she doesn't
know the traffic patterns in each locale throughout the country... I'll
be she couldn't even tell you when your local rush hour starts. Amazing

shred

Agreed.
She asked for my zip code.
There are a whole slew of zips between me and the only place she could
recommend.
She wasn't even in the same city.

I called at 10 am so I suspect I interrupted her coffee and donut break,
thus her attitude.

Lobby Dosser

"Don" wrote:

I finally found their number on a catalog I forgot I had.
Yeah, the stuff you mentioned is why I was hesitant to buy their
stuff, damage during shipping.
Looks like if I want Shop Fox stuff I'm gonna have to order it though
as no one has it locally.

Have you thought about moving?

Greg O

"Don" wrote in message
k.net...
I was impressed with their stuff when I previewed them a month ago.
Just didn't realize how difficult it is to buy locally.
Guess I'm the only person to realize this.

I believe that Shop Fox caters to mail order or internet sales mostly. I am
in a small metropolitan area of 250,000 people. To buy large Shop Fox
equipment I have to drive 300 miles.
Your local dealer is really the one to fault. They stock what they want to
most likely. Shop Fox may not require them to stock much of anything to be a
dealer. Seems to me you can get small Shop Fox items darned near anywhere.
Large tools are another problem.
Greg

Don

"Lobby Dosser" wrote
"Don" wrote:
I finally found their number on a catalog I forgot I had.
Yeah, the stuff you mentioned is why I was hesitant to buy their
stuff, damage during shipping.
Looks like if I want Shop Fox stuff I'm gonna have to order it though
as no one has it locally.

Have you thought about moving?

In order to buy Shop Fox stuff?
LOL, sorry, I couldn't help it.

Lobby Dosser

"Don" wrote:

"Lobby Dosser" wrote
"Don" wrote:
I finally found their number on a catalog I forgot I had.
Yeah, the stuff you mentioned is why I was hesitant to buy their
stuff, damage during shipping.
Looks like if I want Shop Fox stuff I'm gonna have to order it
though as no one has it locally.

Have you thought about moving?

In order to buy Shop Fox stuff?
LOL, sorry, I couldn't help it.

Well, it got the thread on a cheerier note.
J. Clarke

Don wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote
"Don" wrote
Anybody know how to get ahold of Shop Fox?
I found their phone number and just called them to find a local
distributer. Called them up and a ditz answered and I asked her for the
contact info for a local distributer of their products.

What led you to believe that she was a "ditz"?

Well, she put me on hold 3 times.

Which probably means that she had to take other calls and put _them_ on hold
or direct them to the appropriate party.

She said *Um* after every other word.

So does William F. Buckley. Regardless of what they think of his politics
I've never heard anybody refer to him as stupid.

She was not well informed of their office procedures, and didn't know how
to deliver the message effectively.

I thought you were trying to find a place to buy a product, not conducting a
survey on office procedures.

I could go on but I'm certain that in
this day age most people over the age of say, 12 or so, are well aware of
the type of people that generally answer the phones of large corporations.

What type of people are those?

And did you ask for a
"distributer" or a "dealer"? The two aren't the same.

I initially told her I wanted to purchase at least two Shop Fox products
and I asked for places locally that can sell them to me. She asked for my
zip code which I gave to her. She then proceeded to tell me of a place in
another town, 25-30 miles away through severly dense traffic. Its tourist
season around here and the roads are slammed.

So what did you expect her to do, have Scotty beam down a factory showroom
across the street from you?

She only had 1 and that was 25 miles away.
Bear in mind I live in one of the 10th largest cities in FL.

In other words you live in either a bedroom community or a small town.

My town, Cape Coral, has a population of more than 125,000 and the town
where she mentioned the dealer was located, Fort Myers, is similarly
populated. Do these sound like small towns. Oh BTW: The population around
here doubles during the tourist season, which is going on right now.

Yeah, they're pretty small. Might be a fair sized metropolitan area when
you put them together, but not so big that there would be a whole bunch of
places selling stationary power tools. As for the population doubling
during the tourist season, how many tourists buy stationary power tools to
take home with them?

I told her they were making it difficult to do business with them.

What do you expect them to do, buy a storefront a block down the street
from
you?

Are you being deliberately obtuse or what?
I expect Shop Fox to use a business plan similar to their competitors so
that they may be successful in business, to get their products to
interested consumers in various ways.

So buy from one of their competitors whose business plan puts a dealer who
will sell to you on terms that you find acceptable in a location which you
find to be acceptable. Nobody is forcing you to buy Shop Fox.

Or suggest a means by which they might ensure that there is such a reseller
other than buy building a store across the street from you.

Right now, I can purchase any sort of Delta, DeWalt, B&D, Skill,
Milwaukee, Ryobi, etc., tool that I might want, from at least several
sources within 10 miles of my home. But I can't find anyway at all to
puchase Shop Fox products in person.
Hello? Anyone home in your head?

Then buy one.

She replied arrogantly and insultingly so I bid her farewell.
I called the contact she gave me and got a recording to another number.
I called the other number and the guy told me I would have to order
$2000 worth of stuff or wait 30-60 days, after paying him in full, for
him to gather up $2000 worth of orders so he could avoid paying
shipping. I then asked him how much would the shipping be for the Shop
Fox H0625 drill press and he told me he didn't want to waste his time
ordering 1 thing. Okie-Dokie.

Sounds like he's not a very good salesman. Perhaps you should talk to
them
about picking up the line if you think you could do better.

Do better at what? Someone else's job?

At making money selling Shop Fox.

No thanks.
I spend most of my time running my own business.

So it's your perception as a business owner that there is not enough market
for Shop Fox products in your area to justify your setting up a business
for the purpose of selling them? If you don't think you can make enough
money selling Shop Fox in a location convenient to you to make it
interesting for you to do so, then what makes you think that anybody _else_
would think that there would be any profit in doing so?

Now that I know how difficult it is to just purchase their products my
confidence in their service after the fact has been jeopardized.
If I want this thing it looks like I'll have to order it online.

And this is a problem because?

sigh
As I said in another post, I'd prefer to make big ticket purchases in
person.
But alas it looks like I will have to make my purchases online.

Or buy from another vendor.

It sounds to me like they're going to make the sale to you no matter what
they do, so their business plan seems to be working just fine in your case.

BTW: Shop Fox's website is: www.shopfox.biz and the phone number is:
1.800.647.8801

And lots of people wonder why I can barely tolerate anyone anymore.

Actually that's pretty clear.

Whats pretty clear John, is that you have a bug in your ass and you want
to take it out on me.

Well, you're the one who seems really irate over things that anybody who
owns a business would not normally be irate over. Keep sweating the petty
things and you're going to have a heart attack.

I tried to conduct some friendly business with a large corporation that
didn't seem to care about selling their products.

Or perhaps they're simply cleverer than you think, considering that it seems
that after this experience that you percieve to be so horrible you're still
going to hunt down an online reseller and buy from them anyway.

If you have never been in a similar situation then you should consider
getting out more often.

What do you mean by "a similar situation"? If you mean the situation of
having to order something online, that gives me little trauma. If you mean
in the situation of foaming at the mouth because a company has not
persuaded anybody within ****ing distance of me to stock their product for
immediate delivery, then, no, things like that don't bother me.

Yep, spring-loaded in the ****ed-off position. God help your employees.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
J. Clarke

Don wrote:
I initially told her I wanted to purchase at least two Shop Fox products
and I asked for places locally that can sell them to me. She asked for
my zip code which I gave to her. She then proceeded to tell me of a
place in another town, 25-30 miles away through severly dense traffic.
Its tourist season around here and the roads are slammed.

Well, then she's obviously ill-suited to the job. I mean if she doesn't
know the traffic patterns in each locale throughout the country... I'll
be she couldn't even tell you when your local rush hour starts. Amazing

shred

Agreed.
She asked for my zip code.
There are a whole slew of zips between me and the only place she could
recommend.
She wasn't even in the same city.

What she did, most likely, was plug the zip into MapPoint or a reasonable
facsimile thereof and wait the fraction of a second it took to cough up the
nearest location known to them that stocked the product. They have
computers to do things like that these days you know.

Is there, in fact, to your knowledge, a Shop Fox reseller in any of that
"whole slew of zips"? If not, then where's the problem?

I called at 10 am so I suspect I interrupted her coffee and donut break,
thus her attitude.

If your attitude toward her was anything like your attitude here it was
likely a response to your own.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
J. Clarke

Don wrote:

"Charlie Self" wrote
Yeah, well...I don't know what you're like in person, but your post
comes across as bad-tempered because your unrealistic expectations
weren't met. All I can say is, good luck.

Look, Shop Fox just ran a huge advertising campaign with Milwaukee (the
BIG red truck) at the place where I get my blades sharpened which is just
6 miles from here, exactly one month ago. I met with several of the Shop
Fox representatives and it was there that I became interested in their
products. Now, 30 days later, their stuff is nowhere to be found.

And of course, Mr. Heap Big Business Man, you tossed the cards of the
factory reps rather than adding them to your mailing list, so you can't
find them anywhere now. Oh, you didn't get the cards? Woops.

And did you _ask_ the place where you get your blades sharpened?

If not wanting to put up with arrogant receptionists and merchants that
don't want to sell a couple hundred dollars with of merchandise makes me
*bad tempered*, I'm wondering how I have managed to run my own service
business for the past 19 years.

By establishing yourself as the bad tempered service provider? Remember,
there's no such thing as bad publicity.

I'm guessing you are just in a bad mood right now Charlie.

Actually, I suspect that he's laughing at you as hard as I am.