Don

"J. Clarke" wrote
"Don" wrote
Anybody know how to get ahold of Shop Fox?

I found their phone number and just called them to find a local
distributer. Called them up and a ditz answered and I asked her for the
contact info for a local distributer of their products.

What led you to believe that she was a "ditz"?

Well, she put me on hold 3 times. She said *Um* after every other word. She
was not well informed of their office procedures, and didn't know how to
deliver the message effectively. I could go on but I'm certain that in this
day age most people over the age of say, 12 or so, are well aware of the
type of people that generally answer the phones of large corporations.

And did you ask for a
"distributer" or a "dealer"? The two aren't the same.

I initially told her I wanted to purchase at least two Shop Fox products and
I asked for places locally that can sell them to me. She asked for my zip
code which I gave to her. She then proceeded to tell me of a place in
another town, 25-30 miles away through severly dense traffic. Its tourist
season around here and the roads are slammed.

She only had 1 and that was 25 miles away.
Bear in mind I live in one of the 10th largest cities in FL.

In other words you live in either a bedroom community or a small town.

My town, Cape Coral, has a population of more than 125,000 and the town
where she mentioned the dealer was located, Fort Myers, is similarly
populated. Do these sound like small towns. Oh BTW: The population around
here doubles during the tourist season, which is going on right now.

I told her they were making it difficult to do business with them.

What do you expect them to do, buy a storefront a block down the street
from
you?

Are you being deliberately obtuse or what?
I expect Shop Fox to use a business plan similar to their competitors so
that they may be successful in business, to get their products to interested
consumers in various ways.

Right now, I can purchase any sort of Delta, DeWalt, B&D, Skill, Milwaukee,
Ryobi, etc., tool that I might want, from at least several sources within 10
miles of my home. But I can't find anyway at all to puchase Shop Fox
products in person.
Hello? Anyone home in your head?

She replied arrogantly and insultingly so I bid her farewell.
I called the contact she gave me and got a recording to another number.
I called the other number and the guy told me I would have to order $2000
worth of stuff or wait 30-60 days, after paying him in full, for him to
gather up $2000 worth of orders so he could avoid paying shipping.
I then asked him how much would the shipping be for the Shop Fox H0625
drill press and he told me he didn't want to waste his time ordering 1
thing. Okie-Dokie.

Sounds like he's not a very good salesman. Perhaps you should talk to
them
about picking up the line if you think you could do better.

Do better at what? Someone else's job?
No thanks.
I spend most of my time running my own business.

Now that I know how difficult it is to just purchase their products my
confidence in their service after the fact has been jeopardized.
If I want this thing it looks like I'll have to order it online.

And this is a problem because?

sigh
As I said in another post, I'd prefer to make big ticket purchases in
person.
But alas it looks like I will have to make my purchases online.

BTW: Shop Fox's website is: www.shopfox.biz and the phone number is:
1.800.647.8801

And lots of people wonder why I can barely tolerate anyone anymore.

Actually that's pretty clear.

Whats pretty clear John, is that you have a bug in your ass and you want to
take it out on me.
I tried to conduct some friendly business with a large corporation that
didn't seem to care about selling their products.
If you have never been in a similar situation then you should consider
getting out more often.
BTW John, its people with attitudes like yours that are the reason for my
last line above.
Good day, and thanks for nothing. sheesh......