J. Clarke

Don wrote:

"Don" wrote
Anybody know how to get ahold of Shop Fox?
Thanks.

Disregard.
I found their phone number and just called them to find a local
distributer. Called them up and a ditz answered and I asked her for the
contact info for a local distributer of their products.

What led you to believe that she was a "ditz"? And did you ask for a
"distributer" or a "dealer"? The two aren't the same.

She only had 1 and that was 25 miles away.
Bear in mind I live in one of the 10th largest cities in FL.

In other words you live in either a bedroom community or a small town.

I told her they were making it difficult to do business with them.

What do you expect them to do, buy a storefront a block down the street from
you?

She replied arrogantly and insultingly so I bid her farewell.
I called the contact she gave me and got a recording to another number.
I called the other number and the guy told me I would have to order $2000
worth of stuff or wait 30-60 days, after paying him in full, for him to
gather up $2000 worth of orders so he could avoid paying shipping.
I then asked him how much would the shipping be for the Shop Fox H0625
drill press and he told me he didn't want to waste his time ordering 1
thing. Okie-Dokie.

Sounds like he's not a very good salesman. Perhaps you should talk to them
about picking up the line if you think you could do better.

Now that I know how difficult it is to just purchase their products my
confidence in their service after the fact has been jeopardized.
If I want this thing it looks like I'll have to order it online.

And this is a problem because?

BTW: Shop Fox's website is: www.shopfox.biz and the phone number is:
1.800.647.8801

And lots of people wonder why I can barely tolerate anyone anymore.

Actually that's pretty clear.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate