Edwin Pawlowski

"Don" wrote in message

I found their phone number and just called them to find a local
distributer.
Called them up and a ditz answered and I asked her for the contact info
for a local distributer of their products.
She only had 1 and that was 25 miles away.
Bear in mind I live in one of the 10th largest cities in FL.

BFD. I live between the largest cith in CT, the larges city in RI and the
second larges city in MA and we don't have a Shop Fox dealer that close.
Tablesaws just don't have the distribution that Hormel has for Spam, nor do
they have the same product demand. Perhaps our idea of distance is a bit
different as I drive 26 miles to work each day and think nothing of driving
35 miles to get good kielbasa and rye bread.

I told her they were making it difficult to do business with them.
She replied arrogantly and insultingly so I bid her farewell.

I'm sure you were perfectly pleasant.

I called the contact she gave me and got a recording to another number.
I called the other number and the guy told me I would have to order $2000
worth of stuff or wait 30-60 days, after paying him in full, for him to
gather up $2000 worth of orders so he could avoid paying shipping.
I then asked him how much would the shipping be for the Shop Fox H0625
drill press and he told me he didn't want to waste his time ordering 1
thing.
Okie-Dokie.

OK, you do have a legitimate gripe here. Evidently the guy is just a half
assed dealer and does not stock much, if anything. While I'd normally say
buy local, this is a perfect reason to use Amazon or some other mail order
company.

And lots of people wonder why I can barely tolerate anyone anymore.

Yep, you've got me wondering.