Charlie Self

Don notes:
I found their phone number and just called them to find a local

distributer.
Called them up and a ditz answered and I asked her for the contact info
for
a local distributer of their products.
She only had 1 and that was 25 miles away. Bear in mind I live in one
of the 10th largest cities in FL.
I told her they were making it difficult to do business with them.

Distributors pick up manufacturers lines, not the other way around. The
manufacturers or importers can court them, but they don't own them, so
can't place one in every major city in the U.S. They'd love to have
that many distributors--or retailers, I'm sure, but it isn't Shop Fox
making it hard to do business with you.

Now that I know how difficult it is to just purchase their products

my
confidence in their service after the fact has been jeopardized.
If I want this thing it looks like I'll have to order it online.

Hell, I live in the country, and it's a 35 mile drive to almost
anything, except a Walmart store. That's 12. No one carries Delta,
Powermatic, Jet, Shop Fox or anything else worth having within 35 miles
of me. Cutting 10 miles off the drive would seem great.

And lots of people wonder why I can barely tolerate anyone anymore.

Yeah, well...I don't know what you're like in person, but your post
comes across as bad-tempered because your unrealistic expectations
weren't met. All I can say is, good luck.