Unquestionably Confused

Don wrote:
"J. Clarke
I initially told her I wanted to purchase at least two Shop Fox products and
I asked for places locally that can sell them to me. She asked for my zip
code which I gave to her. She then proceeded to tell me of a place in
another town, 25-30 miles away through severly dense traffic. Its tourist
season around here and the roads are slammed.

Well, then she's obviously ill-suited to the job. I mean if she doesn't
know the traffic patterns in each locale throughout the country... I'll
be she couldn't even tell you when your local rush hour starts. Amazing

My town, Cape Coral, has a population of more than 125,000 and the town
where she mentioned the dealer was located, Fort Myers, is similarly
populated. Do these sound like small towns. Oh BTW: The population around
here doubles during the tourist season, which is going on right now.

Totally assinine. Shop Fox clearly has no idea how to market and
distribute their products. How many times have we gone on vacation and,
at the last minute, decided to toss a five or six hundred pound table
saw or jointer into the car along with the whining kids and head on back
home.

I think you're reaching a bit with the population argument, Don.

Are you being deliberately obtuse or what?
I expect Shop Fox to use a business plan similar to their competitors so
that they may be successful in business, to get their products to interested
consumers in various ways.

It appears they already have such a plan as they've captured your
interest and the interest of others who seem to think they offer a good
product. Where they fail is to consider that some folks are
unreasonable in their expectations. It sounds as if nothing short of
opening a store front within a block or two of your home/shop will make
you happy. 25-30 miles is NOTHING. You're going there to view the
machine up front and personal and, perhaps, order one. You're not
driving there each time you want to use it.

Right now, I can purchase any sort of Delta, DeWalt, B&D, Skill, Milwaukee,
Ryobi, etc., tool that I might want, from at least several sources within 10
miles of my home. But I can't find anyway at all to puchase Shop Fox
products in person.
Hello? Anyone home in your head?

That settles it. Don't buy the damn thing. Buy a Delta! That'll show
them. Oh, and then fax a copy of your sales order to Shop Fox with the
one word notation "See!" on it. It'll make their blood boil.

Whats pretty clear John, is that you have a bug in your ass and you want to
take it out on me.

Funny line coming from someone who could well be the poster child for
road rage

Good day, and thanks for nothing. sheesh......

Sheesh, indeed!