Vito Kuhn

Andy Dingley wrote:

It was somewhere outside Barstow when "Vito Kuhn"
wrote:

I see that it didn't take long for me to be attacked after doing
just that.

But you didn't participate, you trolled.

I answered a question about where to buy Gorilla Glue. Then someone offered
mischievous advice (which was confirmed by the "chuckle" remark by stoutman),
and I corrected it.

If you didn't mean what you said at the time, encouraging me to post here,
then you shouldn't have said it. Maybe you should have said that I could "conditionally"
post here, but only as long as I don't express my differences of opinion. I
was really under the impression that you were being sincere, at the time.

VK
Dave Hinz

wrote:

I see that it didn't take long for me to be attacked after doing
just that.

But you didn't participate, you trolled.

I answered a question about where to buy Gorilla Glue. Then someone offered
mischievous advice (which was confirmed by the "chuckle" remark by stoutman),

It was a reference to the ongoing discussion on the topic.

and I corrected it.

You injected false information based on zero facts into it.

If you didn't mean what you said at the time, encouraging me to post here,
then you shouldn't have said it. Maybe you should have said that I could "conditionally"
post here, but only as long as I don't express my differences of opinion. I
was really under the impression that you were being sincere, at the time.

Thing is, you can post wherever you want, and people can killfile anyone
they want.
J. Clarke

Vito Kuhn wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Say hi to the Strombolis for us.

You didn't read the NAN announcement about that, did you? The Stromboli
votes came from a single university graduate student as part of a research
project. They were not real people.

No ****, Sherlock?

I nearly lost my life once.

Pity you failed.

That was very cold, Mr. Clarke. Be careful what you wish for.

I am.

You're going to die Vito. Get used to it. Life is an incurable and
invariably fatal disease. SOMETHING will kill you. And unless you
douse yourself in it and light a match, it's unlikely in the extreme to

be acetone.

Yes, we will all die. Does that mean that we shouldn't do everything we
can to take care of ourselves while we're alive?

Taking care of ourselves and being afraid of our own shadows are two
different things. Your whining about the dangers of acetone has no basis
in objective reality. It is mere alarmism.

You are not as bothered about my position on acetone as you are by me
personally. This is a personal attack.

Figured that out all by yourself did you?

I'll quote one of the well known
regulars on this forum:

From: "Lew Hodgett"
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Gorilla Glue...Yay or Nay?

Exposing your skin to acetone is definitely not a swift idea. If you
are going to use this stuff, use protective clothing, same as
epoxy.

From: "Lew Hodgett"
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking

Definitely not true, you need to do a little more research.
Acetone components will penetrate the skin, get in the blood stream,
and ultimately end up in the liver where they take up residence.
You do not want to go there.
If you use acetone, at least use protective gloves which can be very
inexpensive.

Nobody attcked Mr. Hodgett in this manner for expressing the exact same
concerns as I have.

Well, you see, we _like_ Mr. Hodgett.

VK

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Doug Miller

In article , "Vito Kuhn" wrote:

LRod wrote:

In another post you complained that Mr. Hodgett had made the same
claim and didn't get hammered. Well, he is a wreck family regular and
entitled to a little slack. He'll figure out he's wrong from the
thread and won't repeat the transgression. You, on the other hand,
are not a wreck family regular.

That says much about your attitude, which is not very Christian like. I will
pray for you.

If you'd been paying attention here, Vito, I think you would have seen a
couple of posts in which LRod states clearly that he's not a Christian.

(LRod, my apologies in advance if I have you mixed up with someone else)

--
Regards,

J. Clarke

wrote:

I see that it didn't take long for me to be attacked after doing
just that.

But you didn't participate, you trolled.

I answered a question about where to buy Gorilla Glue. Then someone
offered mischievous advice (which was confirmed by the "chuckle" remark by
stoutman), and I corrected it.

If you didn't mean what you said at the time, encouraging me to post here,
then you shouldn't have said it. Maybe you should have said that I could
"conditionally" post here, but only as long as I don't express my
differences of opinion. I was really under the impression that you were
being sincere, at the time.

Maybe if you posted something that indicated that you were paying even the
slightest attention to what was going on here you might not have gotten
hammered.

Considering that your post echoed one that had just brought about a long and
acrimonious discussion in which your claim was thoroughly debunked, and
given your past behavior, the logical conclusion is that your intent was
not to inform but to disrupt.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Doug Miller

wrote:

I see that it didn't take long for me to be attacked after doing
just that.

But you didn't participate, you trolled.

I answered a question about where to buy Gorilla Glue. Then someone offered
mischievous advice (which was confirmed by the "chuckle" remark by stoutman),
and I corrected it.

"Corrected it" my foot. You posted the same hysterical nonsense that's already
been thoroughly debunked.

If you didn't mean what you said at the time, encouraging me to post here,
then you shouldn't have said it. Maybe you should have said that I could
"conditionally"
post here, but only as long as I don't express my differences of opinion. I
was really under the impression that you were being sincere, at the time.

There's a difference between expressing an honest difference of opinion, and
posting hysterical nonsense that's already been *shown* to be hysterical
nonsense. You'll be happier when you figure that difference out.

--
Regards,

Vito Kuhn

(Doug Miller) wrote:

Say hi to the Strombolis for us.

You didn't read the NAN announcement about that, did you? The
Stromboli votes came from a single university graduate student as
part of a research project.

LMAO

They were not real people.

You're kidding, right?

No. Are you? Did you actually believe that they were a genuine family?

He

http://www.x-privat.org/link/6515701.html

Can you wonder that the one who posted nonsense *not* knowing it to
be such was treated more leniently than the one who came after him
and knowingly posted proven nonsense?

I didn't find Lew's post until after I had posted my two cents about the subject.

VK
VK
Doug Miller

In article , "Vito Kuhn" wrote:

(Doug Miller) wrote:

you and Susan were being pretty obnoxious in
trying to force changes onto a community that you hadn't, to that
point, made any real attempt to be a part of, let alone find out if
those changes were even welcome.

Please don't mislead people who don't know what you're talking about. I
proposed
a "separate" newsgroup, as in NOT THIS GROUP.

I'm misleading no-one, Vito. Your statement is at best a partial truth, and at
worst a lie by omission. As you well know, you first attempted to force
moderation on this group. When that failed, you tried to create a second,
redundant group - and it was thoroughly explained to you at that time that
doing so would indeed have an impact, and a negative one at that, on this
group. Unfortunately you chose not to listen.

--
Regards,

Doug Miller

In article , "Vito Kuhn" wrote:

(Doug Miller) wrote:

Say hi to the Strombolis for us.

You didn't read the NAN announcement about that, did you? The
Stromboli votes came from a single university graduate student as
part of a research project.

LMAO

They were not real people.

You're kidding, right?

No. Are you? Did you actually believe that they were a genuine family?

Of course not. That was sarcasm. Don't you have *any* sense of humor?

Odd that all of those votes favored your misguided proposal. I'm sure that was
just a coincidence.

note: that was sarcasm too, Vito

Can you wonder that the one who posted nonsense *not* knowing it to
be such was treated more leniently than the one who came after him
and knowingly posted proven nonsense?

I didn't find Lew's post until after I had posted my two cents about the
subject.

Uh-huh. Guess you hadn't been reading the group too much lately, eh?

Problem is, Vito, you wore out your welcome here a *long* time ago with your
heavy-handed attempts to force change on a community that was, with only a few
exceptions, pretty well content with the way things were. No attempt at
debate or persuasion, you just barged in and tried to push your vision of the
way things ought to be on a bunch of people who neither shared, nor wanted,
that vision. Then you disappeared, in a snit, with your nose out of joint,
because we didn't immediately fall down at your feet in gratitude for your
selfless action in saving us from ourselves.

And now you wonder why you're not welcomed back with open arms.

--
Regards,

Doug Miller

In article , "Vito Kuhn" wrote:

(Doug Miller) wrote:

I proposed a "separate" newsgroup, as in NOT THIS GROUP.

I'm misleading no-one, Vito. Your statement is at best a partial
truth, and at worst a lie by omission. As you well know, you first
attempted to force moderation on this group.

Either you are intentionally lying, or your memory is clouded on the issue.

I beg your pardon. My memory was clouded. This is what happened:

First you tried to create a moderated version of this group. That failed.
Next you tried to create a "lite" version of this group. That failed too. Both
times it was thoroughly explained to you that the creation of a second group
would indeed harm this one.

The major point of my post stands: you were trying to force changes upon a
community that didn't want them. And that's why your presence here has been
about as welcome as a boil.

--
Regards,

Dave Hinz

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:40:03 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "Vito Kuhn" wrote:

(Doug Miller) wrote:

I proposed a "separate" newsgroup, as in NOT THIS GROUP.

I'm misleading no-one, Vito. Your statement is at best a partial
truth, and at worst a lie by omission. As you well know, you first
attempted to force moderation on this group.

Either you are intentionally lying, or your memory is clouded on the issue.

I beg your pardon. My memory was clouded. This is what happened:

First you tried to create a moderated version of this group. That failed.

A distinction without a real difference, but yes.

Next you tried to create a "lite" version of this group. That failed too. Both
times it was thoroughly explained to you that the creation of a second group
would indeed harm this one.

And both times, Vito didn't bother to actually participate here to
explain to us why we should support his power-trip scheme.

Vito Kuhn

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Maybe if you posted something that indicated that you were paying
even the slightest attention to what was going on here you might not
have gotten hammered.

This is a big forum with hundred of posts per day. You can't expect everyone
to read every thread. I wasn't aware that acetone had been brought up recently.

VK
Dave Hinz

On 16 Mar 2005 22:09:57 +0100, Vito Kuhn wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Maybe if you posted something that indicated that you were paying
even the slightest attention to what was going on here you might not
have gotten hammered.

This is a big forum with hundred of posts per day. You can't expect everyone
to read every thread. I wasn't aware that acetone had been brought up recently.

I don't believe that for a second.
Vito Kuhn

Dave Hinz wrote:

Which is why you proposed it, and then didn't bother to talk about why
you wanted to do it, here in this group?

News.groups is the appropriate forum for newsgroup creation discussion, not
here, and it said so right on the proposal. The reason for that is so the conversation
is kept in one place.

VK
Dave Hinz

On 16 Mar 2005 22:23:03 +0100, Vito Kuhn wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

Which is why you proposed it, and then didn't bother to talk about why
you wanted to do it, here in this group?

News.groups is the appropriate forum for newsgroup creation discussion, not
here, and it said so right on the proposal. The reason for that is so the conversation
is kept in one place.

The group of people you're trying to "help" is the group of people who needs
to want to help you if you want their votes. You ignored and avoided us.
Had you not, you would have known of the staggering depth of non-support
for your ideas.

Vito Kuhn

Dave Hinz wrote:

I don't believe that for a second.

Apparently unlike you, I answer to a higher power. God knows the truth, and
that is all that matters to me.

VK
WillR

Vito Kuhn wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

I don't believe that for a second.

Apparently unlike you, I answer to a higher power. God knows the truth, and
that is all that matters to me.

VK

Then perhaps you should commune with him immediately -- and forsake this
place.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
Andy Dingley

wrote:

Then someone offered
mischievous advice (which was confirmed by the "chuckle" remark by stoutman),
and I corrected it.

You posted an outright lie whilst offering safety advice. Maybe you
didn't know this and you posted from sheer ignorance. Which is almost
as bad.

Seems a little odd that you've only ever made two contributions; one
to impose moderation and one to post misleading safety advice.

I was really under the impression that you were being sincere, at the time.

I was sincere - I always try to be, which is why I was so bluntly rude
to you when you were pushing moderation on us.

Now though I see you posting this:

Have you no morals?

Acetone penetrates the skin and goes right to your liver.

Offensively patronising and misleading. It's still the decent thing
to do to be welcoming to new posters, but I do wonder just how
valuable your contributions would be.
J. Clarke

Vito Kuhn wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Maybe if you posted something that indicated that you were paying
even the slightest attention to what was going on here you might not
have gotten hammered.

This is a big forum with hundred of posts per day. You can't expect
everyone to read every thread. I wasn't aware that acetone had been
brought up recently.

If you aren't sufficiently interested in the content to at least look at
most of the threads then why are you here?

VK

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
LRod

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:13:44 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , "Vito Kuhn" wrote:

LRod wrote:

In another post you complained that Mr. Hodgett had made the same
claim and didn't get hammered. Well, he is a wreck family regular and
entitled to a little slack. He'll figure out he's wrong from the
thread and won't repeat the transgression. You, on the other hand,
are not a wreck family regular.

That says much about your attitude, which is not very Christian like. I will
pray for you.

If you'd been paying attention here, Vito, I think you would have seen a
couple of posts in which LRod states clearly that he's not a Christian.

(LRod, my apologies in advance if I have you mixed up with someone else)

No offense taken, Doug, however, I sort of doubt that I ever came
right out and said that, for a variety of reasons. For example, people
like Vito become downright abusive when one does say that; even calmer
and more rational but still prosletyzing x-tians get quite agitated
when one does say that; mainstream people who prefer to keep their
religion a private matter (as it should be, in my opinion) get a
little uncomfortable when one does say that.

As a matter of general practice I have a long and fairly public record
of not discussing my religion (if any) in a woodworking forum for what
I consider the obvious two reasons: it's not on topic, and it's no
one's friggin' business.

All of that said, I pride myself on my morality and ethics which are
pretty generally in line with those of christianity (as well as most
major religions), so the insult would not be from you, Doug, for
having possibly misinterpreted something I may have said, but from
Vito for not only being judgemental but for making assumptions about
someone whom he has never met nor exchanged discourse with.

Anyway, Vito can **** off as far as I'm concerned. Doug, let's you and
I go beat up on Toller some more.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Vito Kuhn

LRod wrote:

As a matter of general practice I have a long and fairly public record
of not discussing my religion (if any) in a woodworking forum for what
I consider the obvious two reasons: it's not on topic, and it's no
one's friggin' business.

In other words, you're NOT a practicing Christian. I figured as much.

I've got news for you, my brother. We're all Christians, even though unfortunately
not all of us are "practicing Christians". There is only one God, and he is
in three parts (The Father, Son and Holy Spirit) and we are all his children.

VK
Dave Hinz

On 16 Mar 2005 23:30:34 +0100, Vito Kuhn wrote:

LRod wrote:

As a matter of general practice I have a long and fairly public record
of not discussing my religion (if any) in a woodworking forum for what
I consider the obvious two reasons: it's not on topic, and it's no
one's friggin' business.

In other words, you're NOT a practicing Christian. I figured as much.

I don't see him saying that, I see him saying it's not relevant here.
Nor is my attendance record, by the way. Nor is yours.

What is your actual goal in being here, Vito? Be specific. What do you
hope to accomplish? What wisdom can you offer us? Why should we bother
with you?
Doug Miller

In article , "Vito Kuhn" wrote:

(Doug Miller) wrote:

The major point of my post stands: you were trying to force changes
upon a community that didn't want them. And that's why your presence
here has been about as welcome as a boil.

I think you're trying to spin this to your benefit, taking advantage of the
fact that most people here know you and don't know me. That is unfortunate.
I proposed a moderated woodworking forum, SEPARATE from this one. It would
have had it's own community, a different community, that was whole the point
of proposing the group.

How, and why, this community believes that doing so would harm this group has
already been explained to you - thoroughly - and I will not rehash that
explanation here. It comes as no surprise to me that you are paying no more
attention now than you did then.

You should take a look at your conscience, Doug. A get the feelin that your
personal relationship with God is in need of some nurturing.

Perhaps you could climb down off your high horse long enough to realize that
*all* of us - yourself included - need some nurturing in our personal
relationships with God. "For all men have sinned, and fall short of the glory
of God." Ever read that before?

And perhaps you could pull your head out of your rectum far enough to realize
that the real issue here is *your* behavior and *your* statements.

--
Regards,

Vito Kuhn

Dave Hinz wrote:

What is your actual goal in being here, Vito? Be specific. What do
you hope to accomplish? What wisdom can you offer us?

I joined this thread to answer a question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think
my answer was helpful. Then I shared a health disclaimer and I was harped on
like a blue whale.

Why should we bother with you?

Nobody is forcing you to do that. You obviously have a strong dislike for me,
which is not mutual. There probably isn't anything I could say or do that would
change your opinion of me.

I said what I had to say about Gorilla Glue and acetone. I'll leave it at that.
Marco is capable of coming to his own conclusion, I'm sure.

VK

VK
LRod

wrote:

LRod wrote:

As a matter of general practice I have a long and fairly public record
of not discussing my religion (if any) in a woodworking forum for what
I consider the obvious two reasons: it's not on topic, and it's no
one's friggin' business.

In other words, you're NOT a practicing Christian. I figured as much.

I've got news for you, my brother. We're all Christians, even though unfortunately
not all of us are "practicing Christians". There is only one God, and he is
in three parts (The Father, Son and Holy Spirit) and we are all his children.

A) I am not your brother. I wouldn't want to be.

2) What a sanctimoinious, bigoted prick you are. Tell me, how did you
come to the conclusion that there is only one god? I find it utterly
astounding, and highly amusing that people like you think they are so
special (and that their god is so merciless) that they are perfectly
willing to accept that the vast majority of the world's people (and
all born before 2000 years ago) are consigned to eternal damnation
because they don't worship your particular deity.

And don't bother to pray for me. I'm doing just fine, thank you.
You're the one that needs work. You should confine your energies to
that monumental project.

In fact, don't even respond to me. You have nothing to say that I'm
interested in hearing.

But I bet you will try anyway.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Dave Hinz

On 16 Mar 2005 23:47:57 +0100, Vito Kuhn wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

What is your actual goal in being here, Vito? Be specific. What do
you hope to accomplish? What wisdom can you offer us?

I joined this thread to answer a question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think
my answer was helpful.

Your answer was unhelpful, it was spreading your guess as if it was fact.
That guess is demonstrably false. Giving out false health information on
the Internet is, while not unique, certainly not something to be applauded.

Then I shared a health disclaimer and I was harped on
like a blue whale.

Because you're wrong.

Why should we bother with you?

Nobody is forcing you to do that. You obviously have a strong dislike for me,
which is not mutual. There probably isn't anything I could say or do that would
change your opinion of me.

Maybe if you'd contribute signal rather than noise...

I said what I had to say about Gorilla Glue and acetone. I'll leave it at that.

If that's the best you can do, I guess that answers my question.

Doug Miller

In article , "Vito Kuhn" wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

What is your actual goal in being here, Vito? Be specific. What do
you hope to accomplish? What wisdom can you offer us?

I joined this thread to answer a question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think
my answer was helpful. Then I shared a health disclaimer and I was harped on
like a blue whale.

You didn't "share a health disclaimer", Vito, you repeated what amounts to an
urban legend.

Why should we bother with you?

Nobody is forcing you to do that. You obviously have a strong dislike for me,
which is not mutual. There probably isn't anything I could say or do that would
change your opinion of me.

Maybe not. If you're interested in changing people's opinions of you, though,
here are a few suggested starting points:
- apologize for your earlier attempts to force new groups on a community that
didn't want them
- admit that you were wrong to do so, and stop trying to justify it
- apologize for ignoring the massive protests that arose at the time
- admit that you posted false, alarmist ravings
- stop trying to defend having done so under the guise of "sharing a health
disclaimer"
- don't post until you have something woodworking-related to say
- invest yourself in developing a more humble and contrite spirit

I said what I had to say about Gorilla Glue and acetone. I'll leave it at that.
Marco is capable of coming to his own conclusion, I'm sure.

And Dave, and I, and others, have said what we had to say about you.

--
Regards,

J. Clarke

Vito Kuhn wrote:

LRod wrote:

As a matter of general practice I have a long and fairly public record
of not discussing my religion (if any) in a woodworking forum for what
I consider the obvious two reasons: it's not on topic, and it's no
one's friggin' business.

In other words, you're NOT a practicing Christian. I figured as much.

I've got news for you, my brother. We're all Christians, even though
unfortunately not all of us are "practicing Christians". There is only one
God, and he is in three parts (The Father, Son and Holy Spirit) and we are
all his children.

Sez you. Prove it.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
J. Clarke

wrote:

LRod wrote:

[...]

He's even worse than that. If I read him correctly then in his book Osama
Bin Laden is a Christian, albeit not a "practicing" one. I do wish that
he'd track down Osama and tell him that to his face though.

And don't bother to pray for me. I'm doing just fine, thank you.
You're the one that needs work. You should confine your energies to
that monumental project.

In fact, don't even respond to me. You have nothing to say that I'm
interested in hearing.

But I bet you will try anyway.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

J. Clarke

Vito Kuhn wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

What is your actual goal in being here, Vito? Be specific. What do
you hope to accomplish? What wisdom can you offer us?

I joined this thread to answer a question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I
think my answer was helpful. Then I shared a health disclaimer and I was
harped on like a blue whale.

Why should we bother with you?

Nobody is forcing you to do that. You obviously have a strong dislike for
me, which is not mutual. There probably isn't anything I could say or do
that would change your opinion of me.

I said what I had to say about Gorilla Glue and acetone. I'll leave it at
that. Marco is capable of coming to his own conclusion, I'm sure.

Have you ever made anything out of wood? Anything at all?

VK

VK

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Paul Kierstead

Andy Dingley wrote:

Seems a little odd that you've only ever made two contributions; one
to impose moderation and one to post misleading safety advice.

He is a troll.

I don't know if he is a really really good troll and is doing it on
purpose or just one of those people who were born to be a major pain in
the ass and doesn't even realize it (probably has a persecution
complex), but he is a troll nonetheless; he has all the signs; only
posts inflammatory material and obviously leaves and breathes for the fuss.

PK
Vito Kuhn

Paul Kierstead wrote:

He is a troll.

I hate trolls and flamers more than anyone I've ever spoken to. You don't know
me from a hole in the wall. You're quick to discredit anyone who has a different
opinion than the mainstream in this forum as a troll, but life is not that
simple. You need to have a look at your conscience, and figure out what drives
you to say such malicious things about decent people. God above is watching,
and I don't think he is very pleased with your conduct.

VK
WillR

Vito Kuhn wrote:
Paul Kierstead wrote:

He is a troll.

I hate trolls and flamers more than anyone I've ever spoken to. You don't know
me from a hole in the wall. You're quick to discredit anyone who has a different
opinion than the mainstream in this forum as a troll, but life is not that
simple. You need to have a look at your conscience, and figure out what drives
you to say such malicious things about decent people. God above is watching,
and I don't think he is very pleased with your conduct.

VK

With any luck God will strike the worst offender with lightning.

I expect that Paul will live a long and fruitful life.

Good night!

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
Paul Kierstead

Vito Kuhn wrote:
Paul Kierstead wrote:

He is a troll.

I hate trolls and flamers more than anyone I've ever spoken to. You don't know
me from a hole in the wall. You're quick to discredit anyone who has a different
opinion than the mainstream in this forum as a troll, but life is not that
simple.

I am quick to discredit anyone whose only contributions create great
strife. I don't care what their opinion is. You mistake me for someone
who gives a **** about what you believe. I care about what you do; what
think is your business.

God above is watching,
and I don't think he is very pleased with your conduct.

Ah, well then, the feeling is mutual (*)

PK

(*) Not true of course, it was just a clever thing to say. God's opinion
of me is irrelevant, it is you were are speaking of. What is your excuse
for your *actions*?