Brad

Default Gorilla Glue

Great Glue, Nasty to clean. I did the same thing. I thought I was capable
of keeping my hands clean of glue, but alas I was unable. I got it on my
hands. Norm is right, if you get it on you, you get to wear it off.

"Gary Dean" wrote in message
I have just bought and used my first bottle of Gorilla Glue. OK, I know I
should have worn gloves - the instructions on the bottle tells me so, but
who ever reads or takes notice of wimpish things like instructions.

The glue is fabulous: gives plenty of cramp-up time; as strong, if not
stronger than any glue I have ever used; when dry, cleans up like a dream.
But how do you get the *%$!!Łg stuff off your hands? I've tried water,
turps, white spirit, surgical spirit, meths, detergent, pumice stone and

80
grit sandpaper. What do you use to clean up your glue brushes?

Gary

Doug Miller

In article , "Gary Dean" wrote:
I have just bought and used my first bottle of Gorilla Glue. OK, I know I
should have worn gloves - the instructions on the bottle tells me so, but
who ever reads or takes notice of wimpish things like instructions.

The glue is fabulous: gives plenty of cramp-up time; as strong, if not
stronger than any glue I have ever used; when dry, cleans up like a dream.
But how do you get the *%$!!Łg stuff off your hands? I've tried water,
turps, white spirit, surgical spirit, meths, detergent, pumice stone and 80
grit sandpaper. What do you use to clean up your glue brushes?

It cleans up easily with paint thinner (mineral spirits) as long as it's still
wet. Once it dries, it's there for a few days until it wears away (or the skin
cells it's adhered to slough off naturally).

I use expired credit cards as glue spreaders, instead of using brushes. After
the glue has dried, it can be easily removed from the spreader with a sharp
chisel.

--
Regards,

Jim Mc Namara

I know the proverbial "cow's out of the barn" already - but "next time" use
throw away flux brushes - and give your hands a good coating of a lanolin
hand creme first. My maiden voyage with gorilla glue lasted 3 days.

Jums

"Gary Dean" wrote in message
I have just bought and used my first bottle of Gorilla Glue. OK, I know I
should have worn gloves - the instructions on the bottle tells me so, but
who ever reads or takes notice of wimpish things like instructions.

The glue is fabulous: gives plenty of cramp-up time; as strong, if not
stronger than any glue I have ever used; when dry, cleans up like a dream.
But how do you get the *%$!!Łg stuff off your hands? I've tried water,
turps, white spirit, surgical spirit, meths, detergent, pumice stone and

80
grit sandpaper. What do you use to clean up your glue brushes?

Gary

todd

"Gary Dean" wrote in message
I have just bought and used my first bottle of Gorilla Glue. OK, I know I
should have worn gloves - the instructions on the bottle tells me so, but
who ever reads or takes notice of wimpish things like instructions.

The glue is fabulous: gives plenty of cramp-up time; as strong, if not
stronger than any glue I have ever used; when dry, cleans up like a dream.
But how do you get the *%$!!Łg stuff off your hands? I've tried water,
turps, white spirit, surgical spirit, meths, detergent, pumice stone and

80
grit sandpaper. What do you use to clean up your glue brushes?

Gary

Do you own a belt sander? My inaugural voyage on the S.S.Gorilla Glue met
with similar results. I mean, if we wore gloves every time something said
to, we'd never get them off.

todd

Ernie Jurick

"Gary Dean" wrote in message
I have just bought and used my first bottle of Gorilla Glue. OK, I know I
should have worn gloves - the instructions on the bottle tells me so, but
who ever reads or takes notice of wimpish things like instructions.

The glue is fabulous: gives plenty of cramp-up time; as strong, if not
stronger than any glue I have ever used; when dry, cleans up like a dream.
But how do you get the *%$!!Łg stuff off your hands? I've tried water,
turps, white spirit, surgical spirit, meths, detergent, pumice stone and

80
grit sandpaper. What do you use to clean up your glue brushes?

From the Gorilla Glue Web site:
"How do I get it off my hands?"
"Within a couple of minutes of getting the glue on your hands, wash it off
with soap, water and a scrub pad, or use a pumice hand cleaner. Once it's
dried on your hands, though, you will most likely have to wait for it to
wear off in a few days. We recommend the use of latex or rubber gloves while
doing your glue-up or using a disposable acid brush to prevent it from
staining your hands. There is no known solvent for Gorilla Glue once it's
cured." http://www.gorillaglue.com/faqs/
-- Ernie

Jeff Cochran

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:48:15 +0100, "Gary Dean"
wrote:

I have just bought and used my first bottle of Gorilla Glue. OK, I know I
should have worn gloves - the instructions on the bottle tells me so, but
who ever reads or takes notice of wimpish things like instructions.

The glue is fabulous: gives plenty of cramp-up time; as strong, if not
stronger than any glue I have ever used; when dry, cleans up like a dream.
But how do you get the *%$!!Łg stuff off your hands? I've tried water,
turps, white spirit, surgical spirit, meths, detergent, pumice stone and 80
grit sandpaper. What do you use to clean up your glue brushes?

Followed in the footsteps of every good woodworker, huh? Yup, I
learned the same lesson, it wears off in a couple days unless you
really screwed up. It doesn't *ever* come off your favorite work
shirt though...

Jeff
tnfkajs

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
y.com...
In article , "Gary Dean"

wrote:

I use expired credit cards as glue spreaders, instead of using brushes.

After

Just how many of those do you accumulate in a year? Maybe I need to get
more Credit Cards before I can get more expired ones...

Doug Miller

In article , "tnfkajs" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
gy.com...
In article , "Gary Dean"

wrote:

I use expired credit cards as glue spreaders, instead of using brushes.

After

Just how many of those do you accumulate in a year? Maybe I need to get
more Credit Cards before I can get more expired ones...

About four per year on average, I guess, between me and SWMBO. Have a lot of
old ones laying around, too, that I just never got around to throwing away.
Health insurance cards make good glue spreaders too. Not to mention the
constant stream of "charter membership" cards in the Handyman Club of America.
I must have three or four HCoA glue spreaders by now...

--
Regards,

Mike Zuchick

--
In His Name, be Blessed,

Got a good sharp pocket knife.. I generally have to wait til it dries on my
fingers and take a pocket knife and scrape it off.

God Bless,

Mike

www.cedarworks.1plan.net
www.geocities.com/zuchick
"Gary Dean" wrote in message
I have just bought and used my first bottle of Gorilla Glue. OK, I know I
should have worn gloves - the instructions on the bottle tells me so, but
who ever reads or takes notice of wimpish things like instructions.

The glue is fabulous: gives plenty of cramp-up time; as strong, if not
stronger than any glue I have ever used; when dry, cleans up like a dream.
But how do you get the *%$!!Łg stuff off your hands? I've tried water,
turps, white spirit, surgical spirit, meths, detergent, pumice stone and

80
grit sandpaper. What do you use to clean up your glue brushes?

Gary

Doug Winterburn

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:30:19 -0600, tnfkajs wrote:

I use expired credit cards as glue spreaders, instead of using brushes.

After

Just how many of those do you accumulate in a year? Maybe I need to get
more Credit Cards before I can get more expired ones...

Handyman Club drill indexes work well too.

-Doug
Steve Knight

The glue is fabulous: gives plenty of cramp-up time; as strong, if not
stronger than any glue I have ever used; when dry, cleans up like a dream.
But how do you get the *%$!!Łg stuff off your hands? I've tried water,
turps, white spirit, surgical spirit, meths, detergent, pumice stone and 80
grit sandpaper. What do you use to clean up your glue brushes?

Just time it takes a couple of days to come off.
I wear rubber gloves.
I use a thin piece of wood to spread it. You can clean the brushes with
acetone while the glue is wet but once cured nothing will desolated it.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

JackD

I think that whether you scrape it or not it generally comes off after the
same amount of time.
Scaping just occupies your time while you are waiting.

-Jack

"Kennor" wrote in message
.. .
It sounds like most of us have learned this the hard way. I don't use it
often, but was asked to make small mahogany compartment for a friends

boat,
and ran to the Borg to get a bottle. While I was picking it up a guy asked
me if it was any good. I gave it my praises and my final words were to

wear
latex gloves because its such a b*tch to get off. He thanked me for the

tip.
Of course I didn't listen to my own advise. I figured I was just doing a
small glue up and wouldn't make a mess. I was cursing myself for the next
couple of days as I sat with a knife scraping it off.
I remember the last time I promised myself I would "never do that again!".
We sure do have short memories.

Roger Haar

HI,
before it sets gorilla glue does come of with
acetone, at least it works for me. I find that 80
grit sandpaper on my bench mounts belt sands does
fine to, just need to stop as the blood starts.

Thanks
Roger haar

Jim Mc Namara wrote:

[...]

George Berlinger

Now I remember why I haven,t opened that bottle of gorrilla glue yet, I
gotta get some plastis gloves...1-1/2.......good ole Titebond....

Jim Mc Namara wrote:

[...]

See http://www.knight-toolworks.com For prices and ordering

instructions.

Undoing hide glue Robert UK diy 1 May 26th 04 11:56 AM
Modifying "Gorilla" shelving Norm Dresner Metalworking 8 May 12th 04 06:40 PM
Glue for Sony walkman headset? John Smith UK diy 13 March 23rd 04 07:48 PM
Glueless laminate floor and glue.. Abso UK diy 11 July 14th 03 10:49 PM