Marco B

Default Gorilla glue - is it still made?

Hi guys. I haven't seen Gorilla glue around lately. Are they still
making the stuff? Can't seen to find it.

Marco
FriscoSoxFan

Yes, it was this easy...

Gorilla Glue - Glue Finder
http://www.gorillaglue.com/include/catalog.html

Vito Kuhn

"Marco B" wrote:

Hi guys. I haven't seen Gorilla glue around lately. Are they still
making the stuff?

You betcha.

Can't seen to find it.

If you can't find it locally, there's always mail order. Amazon.com sells 8oz
tubs for $12.99, with free shipping if you spend over $25 on your total order.

This other place sells 8oz for $9.99, the cheapest I've seen, but that does
not include shipping:

http://store.yahoo.com/mybestwholesa...rillaglue.html

VK
LRod

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:49:53 +0000 (UTC), "Marco B"
wrote:

Hi guys. I haven't seen Gorilla glue around lately. Are they still
making the stuff? Can't seen to find it.

When you do find it and get some on your hands, you can clean it off
with acetone.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Never Enough Money

I can buy it at Lowes. That means Home Depot probably also sells it.

I hear some folks say to remove it from your hand with acetone. Not
suree what they're doing with it. I never get it on my hands.

Jim

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...
I can buy it at Lowes. That means Home Depot probably also sells it.

And Woodcraft and Rockler.... If the OP can't find it, he hasn't really
tried.
Jim

Vito Kuhn

LRod wrote:

When you do find it and get some on your hands, you can clean it off
with acetone.

Doggonit. I see that mischief is alive and well on this forum. Why in heck
would you want to encourage someone to go do a thing like that? Have you no
morals?

To Marco: Acetone penetrates the skin and goes right to your liver. Be sure
to use gloves when working with either Gorilla Glue or acetone.

VK
Neal

"Jim" wrote in message
. com...

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...
I can buy it at Lowes. That means Home Depot probably also sells it.

And Woodcraft and Rockler.... If the OP can't find it, he hasn't really
tried.
Jim

It's sold at Wal Mart too.

Andy Dingley

It was somewhere outside Barstow when "Vito Kuhn"
wrote:

Doggonit. I see that mischief is alive and well on this forum. Why in heck
would you want to encourage someone to go do a thing like that? Have you no
morals?

Genius !

Whoever "Vito" is, I salute you !
stoutman

Vito here is a link you may find useful. It does not contain any references
to the literature (or citations), but it appears to be written by someone
who used a review of the literatu

http://www.entheology.org/tips-acetone/acetone.htm

wrote:

Doggonit. I see that mischief is alive and well on this forum. Why
in heck would you want to encourage someone to go do a thing like
that? Have you no morals?

Genius !

Not exactly, just exercising some common sense. I just can't sit back and let
bad advice go by, not when there are health risks involved.

Whoever "Vito" is, I salute you !

I used to post here a long time ago.
LRod

On 16 Mar 2005 03:12:02 +0100, "Vito Kuhn"
wrote:

LRod wrote:

When you do find it and get some on your hands, you can clean it off
with acetone.

Doggonit. I see that mischief is alive and well on this forum. Why in heck
would you want to encourage someone to go do a thing like that? Have you no
morals?

Doggonit. Look up the MSDS for acetone. It's cited in at least two
active threads on the group. Why in heck would you want to give out
bad advice? Have you no morals?

To Marco: Acetone penetrates the skin and goes right to your liver. Be sure
to use gloves when working with either Gorilla Glue or acetone.

To Marco: look up the MSDS for acetone. It's cited in at least two
active threads on the group. And nitrile gloves with the Gorilla Glue
is a good idea whether you use acetone or not.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Vito Kuhn

LRod wrote:

To Marco: look up the MSDS for acetone. It's cited in at least two
active threads on the group.

Marco: Here is are some references to the potential of liver damage, when acetone
penetrates the skin.

http://www.x-privat.org/link/8863185.html
http://www.myhelicopters.com/health.htm

VK

Vito Kuhn

"stoutman" wrote:

Vito here is a link you may find useful.

You and others might find these links to be useful:

http://www.x-privat.org/link/8863185.html
http://www.myhelicopters.com/health.htm

VK
LRod

On 16 Mar 2005 05:20:37 +0100, "Vito Kuhn"
wrote:

LRod wrote:

To Marco: look up the MSDS for acetone. It's cited in at least two
active threads on the group.

Marco: Here is are some references to the potential of liver damage, when acetone
penetrates the skin.

http://www.x-privat.org/link/8863185.html
http://www.myhelicopters.com/health.htm

One site has no authentication whatsoever, and the other site is a
reference to a newsgroup posting of dubious origin. Hardly credible
sources.

I'll stick with the MSDS. Again, look it up.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
LRod

wrote:

LRod wrote:

To Marco: look up the MSDS for acetone. It's cited in at least two
active threads on the group.

Marco: Here is are some references to the potential of liver damage, when acetone
penetrates the skin.

http://www.x-privat.org/link/8863185.html
http://www.myhelicopters.com/health.htm

I call your anecdotal, urban legend sites and raise you two sites with
a little bit better bonafides:

http://www.epa.gov/iris/subst/0128.htm
http://risk.lsd.ornl.gov/tox/profiles/acetone.shtml

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Dave Balderstone

In article , LRod
wrote:

Doggonit. Look up the MSDS for acetone. It's cited in at least two
active threads on the group. Why in heck would you want to give out
bad advice? Have you no morals?

if this is the real Vito, it has morals exuding from it's pores that it
wants to impose on everyone.

If it isn't the real Vito, then no... it has no morals.

J. Clarke

Vito Kuhn wrote:

LRod wrote:

To Marco: look up the MSDS for acetone. It's cited in at least two
active threads on the group.

Marco: Here is are some references to the potential of liver damage, when
acetone penetrates the skin.

http://www.x-privat.org/link/8863185.html
http://www.myhelicopters.com/health.htm

So we have one page from what appears to be an econut site and another that
quotes some guy posting on USENET. Neither even attempts to substantiate
their claim and neither has any kind of credibility.

Try
http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/chemicals/chem_profiles/acetone/health_ace.html.

VK

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

J. Clarke

Vito Kuhn wrote:

"stoutman" wrote:

Vito here is a link you may find useful.

You and others might find these links to be useful:

http://www.x-privat.org/link/8863185.html
http://www.myhelicopters.com/health.htm

Repeating that over and over does not make it credible.

VK

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
J. Clarke

stoutman wrote:

Vito here is a link you may find useful. It does not contain any
references to the literature (or citations), but it appears to be written
by someone who used a review of the literatu

http://www.entheology.org/tips-acetone/acetone.htm

Why are you posting _that_ link and not

"Vito Kuhn" wrote in message

LRod wrote:

When you do find it and get some on your hands, you can clean it off
with acetone.

Doggonit. I see that mischief is alive and well on this forum. Why in
heck would you want to encourage someone to go do a thing like that? Have
you no
morals?

To Marco: Acetone penetrates the skin and goes right to your liver. Be
sure
to use gloves when working with either Gorilla Glue or acetone.

VK

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Vito Kuhn

Dave Balderstone wrote:

if this is the real Vito, it has morals exuding from it's pores that it
wants to impose on everyone.

Yep, it's me. Nice to see you again, and thanks for the warm welcome back.
Are you forgetting that Susan and I voluntarily pulled our proposal (which
would not have affected this group at all) just before the second vote was
called ... for the sake of the group, and how everyone encouraged me to stick
around after that? Can't you let sleeping dogs lie?

I'm not the only person to ever point out the risks of acetone on this forum,
and I most certainly will not be the last. Sure, there are conflicting reports
out there, but I will err on the side of safety and will encourage others to
do the same. I nearly lost my life once. You can bet your bottom dollar that
I'm going to exercise as much caution as possible in regards to my health.

VK
Jim Stuyck

"Marco B" wrote in message
Hi guys. I haven't seen Gorilla glue around lately. Are they still
making the stuff? Can't seen to find it.

Marco

I got some from Home Depot just a couple of days ago. Had
my choice of three or four sizes. Went "smallest."

Jim Stuyck

Andy Dingley

It was somewhere outside Barstow when wrote:

Whoever "Vito" is, I salute you !

I used to post here a long time ago.

Oh - you're the _real_ Vito - the control freak.

In that case, please stop posting this alarmist rubbish and crawl back
under your rock.

J. Clarke

Vito Kuhn wrote:

Dave Balderstone wrote:

if this is the real Vito, it has morals exuding from it's pores that it
wants to impose on everyone.

Yep, it's me. Nice to see you again, and thanks for the warm welcome back.
Are you forgetting that Susan and I voluntarily pulled our proposal (which
would not have affected this group at all) just before the second vote was
called ... for the sake of the group,

Yeah, right. For the sake of not looking like an even bigger asshole than
you do already. Say hi to the Strombolis for us.

and how everyone encouraged me to
stick around after that? Can't you let sleeping dogs lie?

I'm annoyed with the dog because he's sleeping and not chasing you down the
lane.

I'm not the only person to ever point out the risks of acetone on this
forum, and I most certainly will not be the last. Sure, there are
conflicting reports out there, but I will err on the side of safety and
will encourage others to do the same. I nearly lost my life once.

Pity you failed.

You can
bet your bottom dollar that I'm going to exercise as much caution as
possible in regards to my health.

Yeah, my mother did that. The day that she was diagnosed with terminal
cancer she started doing all the stuff that her doctors had been telling
her not to do and she was annoyed with herself because she had bothered to
listen to them.

You're going to die Vito. Get used to it. Life is an incurable and
invariably fatal disease. SOMETHING will kill you. And unless you douse
yourself in it and light a match, it's unlikely in the extreme to be
acetone.

If you think it's dangerous, convince the EPA and OSHA of that. If you've
got good reason to believe this then it shouldn't be hard. If all you have
is some guy ranting on USENET and some page that somebody clearly pulled
out of his ass then you're not going to get very far.

VK

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

J. Clarke

stoutman wrote:

Why are you posting _that_ link and not

Is one any weaker a source of information than the other?

I just find it interesting that after shouting "ENTHEOLOGY" so often you
instead of linking the Canadian Government site that has links to much
additional information choose to post the entheology link that does not.

As for being "weaker" source, I would say that a page posted on an
"entheology" site is, in the absence of other information, less credible
than one posted on the site of a Canadian government agency charged with
Occupational Safety and Health, even if the content is identical.

"Vito Kuhn" wrote in message

LRod wrote:

When you do find it and get some on your hands, you can clean it off
with acetone.

Doggonit. I see that mischief is alive and well on this forum. Why in
heck would you want to encourage someone to go do a thing like that?
Have
you no
morals?

To Marco: Acetone penetrates the skin and goes right to your liver. Be
sure
to use gloves when working with either Gorilla Glue or acetone.

VK

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Dave Hinz

LRod wrote:

When you do find it and get some on your hands, you can clean it off
with acetone.

Doggonit. I see that mischief is alive and well on this forum. Why in heck
would you want to encourage someone to go do a thing like that? Have you no
morals?

To Marco: Acetone penetrates the skin and goes right to your liver. Be sure
to use gloves when working with either Gorilla Glue or acetone.

To Vito: read the freaking MSDS and get back to us. Worst contact hazard
listed is "dries out the skin". I provided the link, or google for
acetone MSDS
yourself.

Dave Hinz

On 16 Mar 2005 06:45:45 +0100, Vito Kuhn wrote:

Dave Balderstone wrote:

if this is the real Vito, it has morals exuding from it's pores that it
wants to impose on everyone.

Yep, it's me. Nice to see you again, and thanks for the warm welcome back.

Your perception is flawed.

Are you forgetting that Susan and I voluntarily pulled our proposal (which
would not have affected this group at all) just before the second vote was
called

After the blatantly fraudulent votes were obvious, you mean?

... for the sake of the group, and how everyone encouraged me to stick
around after that? Can't you let sleeping dogs lie?

I don't remember anyone encouraging you to stick around.

I'm not the only person to ever point out the risks of acetone on this forum,

Read the MSDS. Read OSHA. Get facts instead of repeating bull****.

and I most certainly will not be the last. Sure, there are conflicting reports
out there, but I will err on the side of safety and will encourage others to
do the same.

Some of us prefer facts to "maybe it might" handwringing.

I nearly lost my life once. You can bet your bottom dollar that
I'm going to exercise as much caution as possible in regards to my health.

So you'll worry about things that aren't true, instead of learning what
really is a hazard. That's fine, but don't then spread your assumptions
as truth when they aren't.

It wasn't the same without you here, Vito, really. It was better.

Vito Kuhn

Dave Hinz wrote:

I don't remember anyone encouraging you to stick around.

Here's one:

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:27:01 -0800, NAN Team
wrote:

After further consideration, the proponents of
rec.woodworking.all-ages have elected to withdraw their proposal
rather than seek a revote. There will not be a revote, and no
newsgroup will be created.

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:36:33 +0000, Andy Dingley
wrote:

Thankyou Susan and Vito. I sincerely think this is the best result
for the newsgroup and its users. I appreciate your action in making
this decision.

Now, how about showing up in the group and talking about some
woodworking ? It's a good group, you'd be very welcome.

I see that it didn't take long for me to be attacked after doing just that.
I thought I'd let things cool off for a few months before posting here again,
but that doesn't seem to have done any good.

VK
Dave Hinz

On 16 Mar 2005 17:26:37 +0100, Vito Kuhn wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

I don't remember anyone encouraging you to stick around.

Here's one:

Now, how about showing up in the group and talking about some
woodworking ? It's a good group, you'd be very welcome.

And your point?

I see that it didn't take long for me to be attacked after doing just that.
I thought I'd let things cool off for a few months before posting here again,
but that doesn't seem to have done any good.

Right, because you're stirring up the same **** you were stirring before.
There's a pattern here, Vito. You pick the most emotionally charged topic
on the board, and stir the pot. Were you planning on talking about
_woodworking_ instead of repeating urban legends about liver hazards that
don't exist?

Vito Kuhn

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Say hi to the Strombolis for us.

You didn't read the NAN announcement about that, did you? The Stromboli votes
came from a single university graduate student as part of a research project.
They were not real people.

I nearly lost my life once.

Pity you failed.

That was very cold, Mr. Clarke. Be careful what you wish for.

You're going to die Vito. Get used to it. Life is an incurable and
invariably fatal disease. SOMETHING will kill you. And unless you
douse yourself in it and light a match, it's unlikely in the extreme to

be acetone.

Yes, we will all die. Does that mean that we shouldn't do everything we can
to take care of ourselves while we're alive?

You are not as bothered about my position on acetone as you are by me personally.
This is a personal attack. I'll quote one of the well known regulars on this
forum:

From: "Lew Hodgett"
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Subject: Gorilla Glue...Yay or Nay?

Exposing your skin to acetone is definitely not a swift idea. If you
are going to use this stuff, use protective clothing, same as
epoxy.

From: "Lew Hodgett"
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking

Definitely not true, you need to do a little more research.
Acetone components will penetrate the skin, get in the blood stream,
and ultimately end up in the liver where they take up residence.
You do not want to go there.
If you use acetone, at least use protective gloves which can be very
inexpensive.

Nobody attcked Mr. Hodgett in this manner for expressing the exact same concerns
as I have.

VK
Andy Dingley

wrote:

I see that it didn't take long for me to be attacked after doing just that.

But you didn't participate, you trolled.

LRod

wrote:

Dave Balderstone wrote:

if this is the real Vito, it has morals exuding from it's pores that it
wants to impose on everyone.

Yep, it's me. Nice to see you again, and thanks for the warm welcome back.
Are you forgetting that Susan and I voluntarily pulled our proposal

No, I haven't forgotten one whit of the entire sorry episode.

(which would not have affected this group at all)

Nonsense. It was explained to you by many wreckers just exactly how it
could potentially have affected it. You chose not to respond to any of
it. You chose not to explain how you proposed to moderate things. You
chose not to participate in the process at all except to start it and
end it. Congratulations.

just before the second vote was called ... for the sake of the group,

Please. If it had been for the sake of the group you would never have
gone past the RFC stage when almost overwhelming sentiment was against
the idea. Especially against it when you refused to offer any thoughts
on how the moderation would work.

and how everyone encouraged me to stick around after that?

Well you offered one example of one of our true gentleman here
extending his hand. It was far from a universal sentiment. I for one
took your proposal as an attack on my place of refuge and am not a
particularly forgiving person in such cases. So my disinclination to
"encourage you to stick around" gives the lie to the "everyone" you
allege.

Shoot, you weren't around much before the debacle and this is your
first appearance since, so I don't see that you are much of a
contributor in any event.

In another post you complained that Mr. Hodgett had made the same
claim and didn't get hammered. Well, he is a wreck family regular and
entitled to a little slack. He'll figure out he's wrong from the
thread and won't repeat the transgression. You, on the other hand, are
not a wreck family regular. In fact, you're two for two in stirring up
****.

Can't you let sleeping dogs lie?

Not when the dogs are spouting BS. I don't think this group is for
you.

I'm not the only person to ever point out the risks of acetone on this forum,
and I most certainly will not be the last. Sure, there are conflicting reports
out there,

No, there are official reports and then there are unsubstantiated
scare allegations. You chose to promulgate the false allegations. You
live by the sword, you die by the sword.

but I will err on the side of safety and will encourage others to
do the same. I nearly lost my life once. You can bet your bottom dollar that
I'm going to exercise as much caution as possible in regards to my health.

I'm guessing you ground your PVC dust collection system. Same Chicken
Little nonsense.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Mike Marlow

"Vito Kuhn" wrote in message

To Marco: Acetone penetrates the skin and goes right to your liver. Be

sure
to use gloves when working with either Gorilla Glue or acetone.

Oh lord... we just went through this. Here - take a short cut and read
this.

http://www.bu.edu/es/labsafety/ESMSD...l#anchor888417

It's always better to be informed.

--

-Mike-

Vito Kuhn

LRod wrote:

In another post you complained that Mr. Hodgett had made the same
claim and didn't get hammered. Well, he is a wreck family regular and
entitled to a little slack. He'll figure out he's wrong from the
thread and won't repeat the transgression. You, on the other hand,
are not a wreck family regular.

That says much about your attitude, which is not very Christian like. I will
pray for you.

VK

Doug Miller

wrote:

Thankyou Susan and Vito. I sincerely think this is the best result
for the newsgroup and its users. I appreciate your action in making
this decision.

Now, how about showing up in the group and talking about some
woodworking ? It's a good group, you'd be very welcome.

Hey, Vito, that wasn't an invitation to stick around, so much as it was a
suggestion that you and Susan were being pretty obnoxious in trying to force
changes onto a community that you hadn't, to that point, made any real attempt
to be a part of, let alone find out if those changes were even welcome.

Andy was just too polite to put it that way.

But you were too dense to notice.

I see that it didn't take long for me to be attacked after doing just that.
I thought I'd let things cool off for a few months before posting here again,
but that doesn't seem to have done any good.

cue sound of approaching ClueTrain

You're not being "attacked" for "showing up in the group and talking about
some woodworking". That should be obvious, even to the most casual observer,
because you're *not* "talking about woodworking".

audible whoomp! as ClueTrain strikes some dense object and continues on its
way unimpeded

You're being attacked for repeating hysterical nonsense that contradicts
established scientific fact.

cue sound of departing ClueTrain fading into the distance

--
Regards,

Mike Marlow

"Vito Kuhn" wrote in message

"stoutman" wrote:

Vito here is a link you may find useful.

You and others might find these links to be useful:

http://www.x-privat.org/link/8863185.html
http://www.myhelicopters.com/health.htm

You're not really serious with these links, are you?
--

-Mike-

Doug Miller

In article , "Vito Kuhn" wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Say hi to the Strombolis for us.

You didn't read the NAN announcement about that, did you? The Stromboli votes
came from a single university graduate student as part of a research project.

LMAO

They were not real people.

You're kidding, right?

I nearly lost my life once.

Pity you failed.

That was very cold, Mr. Clarke. Be careful what you wish for.

You're going to die Vito. Get used to it. Life is an incurable and
invariably fatal disease. SOMETHING will kill you. And unless you
douse yourself in it and light a match, it's unlikely in the extreme to

be acetone.

Yes, we will all die. Does that mean that we shouldn't do everything we can
to take care of ourselves while we're alive?

Get some perspective, Vito. Some things are worth worrying about, and some are
not. Eventually, most people learn to tell the difference.

You are not as bothered about my position on acetone as you are by me
personally.
This is a personal attack. I'll quote one of the well known regulars on this
forum:

[snip]
Proves only that he doesn't understand the issue any better than you do. So
what? Nobody doubted that.

Nobody attcked Mr. Hodgett in this manner for expressing the exact same
concerns as I have.

Lots of people told him he was dead wrong, and proved it. Now you come along,
repeating the same nonsense that's already been *proven* to be nonsense.

Can you wonder that the one who posted nonsense *not* knowing it to be such
was treated more leniently than the one who came after him and knowingly
posted proven nonsense?

--
Regards,