Marco B

Default Gorilla glue - is it still made?

Hi guys. I haven't seen Gorilla glue around lately. Are they still
making the stuff? Can't seen to find it.

Marco
FriscoSoxFan

Yes, it was this easy...

Gorilla Glue - Glue Finder
http://www.gorillaglue.com/include/catalog.html

Vito Kuhn

"Marco B" wrote:

Hi guys. I haven't seen Gorilla glue around lately. Are they still
making the stuff?

You betcha.

Can't seen to find it.

If you can't find it locally, there's always mail order. Amazon.com sells 8oz
tubs for $12.99, with free shipping if you spend over $25 on your total order.

This other place sells 8oz for $9.99, the cheapest I've seen, but that does
not include shipping:

http://store.yahoo.com/mybestwholesa...rillaglue.html

VK
LRod

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:49:53 +0000 (UTC), "Marco B"
wrote:

Hi guys. I haven't seen Gorilla glue around lately. Are they still
making the stuff? Can't seen to find it.

When you do find it and get some on your hands, you can clean it off
with acetone.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Vito Kuhn

LRod wrote:

When you do find it and get some on your hands, you can clean it off
with acetone.

Doggonit. I see that mischief is alive and well on this forum. Why in heck
would you want to encourage someone to go do a thing like that? Have you no
morals?

To Marco: Acetone penetrates the skin and goes right to your liver. Be sure
to use gloves when working with either Gorilla Glue or acetone.

VK

Andy Dingley

It was somewhere outside Barstow when "Vito Kuhn"
wrote:

Doggonit. I see that mischief is alive and well on this forum. Why in heck
would you want to encourage someone to go do a thing like that? Have you no
morals?

Genius !

Whoever "Vito" is, I salute you !

wrote:

Doggonit. I see that mischief is alive and well on this forum. Why
in heck would you want to encourage someone to go do a thing like
that? Have you no morals?

Genius !

Not exactly, just exercising some common sense. I just can't sit back and let
bad advice go by, not when there are health risks involved.

Whoever "Vito" is, I salute you !

I used to post here a long time ago.
Andy Dingley

It was somewhere outside Barstow when wrote:

Whoever "Vito" is, I salute you !

I used to post here a long time ago.

Oh - you're the _real_ Vito - the control freak.

In that case, please stop posting this alarmist rubbish and crawl back
under your rock.

stoutman

Vito here is a link you may find useful. It does not contain any references
to the literature (or citations), but it appears to be written by someone
who used a review of the literatu

http://www.entheology.org/tips-acetone/acetone.htm

"Vito Kuhn" wrote in message

LRod wrote:

When you do find it and get some on your hands, you can clean it off
with acetone.

Doggonit. I see that mischief is alive and well on this forum. Why in heck
would you want to encourage someone to go do a thing like that? Have you
no
morals?

To Marco: Acetone penetrates the skin and goes right to your liver. Be
sure
to use gloves when working with either Gorilla Glue or acetone.

VK

Vito Kuhn

"stoutman" wrote:

Vito here is a link you may find useful.

You and others might find these links to be useful:

http://www.x-privat.org/link/8863185.html
http://www.myhelicopters.com/health.htm

VK
J. Clarke

Vito Kuhn wrote:

"stoutman" wrote:

Vito here is a link you may find useful.

You and others might find these links to be useful:

http://www.x-privat.org/link/8863185.html
http://www.myhelicopters.com/health.htm

Repeating that over and over does not make it credible.

VK

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Mike Marlow

"Vito Kuhn" wrote in message

"stoutman" wrote:

Vito here is a link you may find useful.

You and others might find these links to be useful:

http://www.x-privat.org/link/8863185.html
http://www.myhelicopters.com/health.htm

You're not really serious with these links, are you?
--

-Mike-

J. Clarke

stoutman wrote:

Vito here is a link you may find useful. It does not contain any
references to the literature (or citations), but it appears to be written
by someone who used a review of the literatu

http://www.entheology.org/tips-acetone/acetone.htm

Why are you posting _that_ link and not
http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/chemicals/chem_profiles/acetone/health_ace.html?

"Vito Kuhn" wrote in message

LRod wrote:

When you do find it and get some on your hands, you can clean it off
with acetone.

Doggonit. I see that mischief is alive and well on this forum. Why in
heck would you want to encourage someone to go do a thing like that? Have
you no
morals?

To Marco: Acetone penetrates the skin and goes right to your liver. Be
sure
to use gloves when working with either Gorilla Glue or acetone.

VK

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

LRod

On 16 Mar 2005 03:12:02 +0100, "Vito Kuhn"
wrote:

LRod wrote:

When you do find it and get some on your hands, you can clean it off
with acetone.

Doggonit. I see that mischief is alive and well on this forum. Why in heck
would you want to encourage someone to go do a thing like that? Have you no
morals?

Doggonit. Look up the MSDS for acetone. It's cited in at least two
active threads on the group. Why in heck would you want to give out
bad advice? Have you no morals?

To Marco: Acetone penetrates the skin and goes right to your liver. Be sure
to use gloves when working with either Gorilla Glue or acetone.

To Marco: look up the MSDS for acetone. It's cited in at least two
active threads on the group. And nitrile gloves with the Gorilla Glue
is a good idea whether you use acetone or not.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
Vito Kuhn

LRod wrote:

To Marco: look up the MSDS for acetone. It's cited in at least two
active threads on the group.

Marco: Here is are some references to the potential of liver damage, when acetone
penetrates the skin.

http://www.x-privat.org/link/8863185.html
http://www.myhelicopters.com/health.htm

VK
LRod

On 16 Mar 2005 05:20:37 +0100, "Vito Kuhn"
wrote:

LRod wrote:

To Marco: look up the MSDS for acetone. It's cited in at least two
active threads on the group.

Marco: Here is are some references to the potential of liver damage, when acetone
penetrates the skin.

http://www.x-privat.org/link/8863185.html
http://www.myhelicopters.com/health.htm

One site has no authentication whatsoever, and the other site is a
reference to a newsgroup posting of dubious origin. Hardly credible
sources.

I'll stick with the MSDS. Again, look it up.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
LRod

wrote:

LRod wrote:

To Marco: look up the MSDS for acetone. It's cited in at least two
active threads on the group.

Marco: Here is are some references to the potential of liver damage, when acetone
penetrates the skin.

http://www.x-privat.org/link/8863185.html
http://www.myhelicopters.com/health.htm

I call your anecdotal, urban legend sites and raise you two sites with
a little bit better bonafides:

http://www.epa.gov/iris/subst/0128.htm
http://risk.lsd.ornl.gov/tox/profiles/acetone.shtml

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

J. Clarke

Vito Kuhn wrote:

LRod wrote:

To Marco: look up the MSDS for acetone. It's cited in at least two
active threads on the group.

Marco: Here is are some references to the potential of liver damage, when
acetone penetrates the skin.

http://www.x-privat.org/link/8863185.html
http://www.myhelicopters.com/health.htm

So we have one page from what appears to be an econut site and another that
quotes some guy posting on USENET. Neither even attempts to substantiate
their claim and neither has any kind of credibility.

Try
http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/chemicals/chem_profiles/acetone/health_ace.html.

VK

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Dave Balderstone

In article , LRod
wrote:

Doggonit. Look up the MSDS for acetone. It's cited in at least two
active threads on the group. Why in heck would you want to give out
bad advice? Have you no morals?

if this is the real Vito, it has morals exuding from it's pores that it
wants to impose on everyone.

If it isn't the real Vito, then no... it has no morals.

Vito Kuhn

Dave Balderstone wrote:

if this is the real Vito, it has morals exuding from it's pores that it
wants to impose on everyone.

Yep, it's me. Nice to see you again, and thanks for the warm welcome back.
Are you forgetting that Susan and I voluntarily pulled our proposal (which
would not have affected this group at all) just before the second vote was
called ... for the sake of the group, and how everyone encouraged me to stick
around after that? Can't you let sleeping dogs lie?

I'm not the only person to ever point out the risks of acetone on this forum,
and I most certainly will not be the last. Sure, there are conflicting reports
out there, but I will err on the side of safety and will encourage others to
do the same. I nearly lost my life once. You can bet your bottom dollar that
I'm going to exercise as much caution as possible in regards to my health.

VK
Dave Hinz

LRod wrote:

When you do find it and get some on your hands, you can clean it off
with acetone.

Doggonit. I see that mischief is alive and well on this forum. Why in heck
would you want to encourage someone to go do a thing like that? Have you no
morals?

To Marco: Acetone penetrates the skin and goes right to your liver. Be sure
to use gloves when working with either Gorilla Glue or acetone.

To Vito: read the freaking MSDS and get back to us. Worst contact hazard
listed is "dries out the skin". I provided the link, or google for
acetone MSDS
yourself.

Mike Marlow

"Vito Kuhn" wrote in message

To Marco: Acetone penetrates the skin and goes right to your liver. Be

sure
to use gloves when working with either Gorilla Glue or acetone.

Oh lord... we just went through this. Here - take a short cut and read
this.

http://www.bu.edu/es/labsafety/ESMSD...l#anchor888417

It's always better to be informed.

--

-Mike-

Never Enough Money

I can buy it at Lowes. That means Home Depot probably also sells it.

I hear some folks say to remove it from your hand with acetone. Not
suree what they're doing with it. I never get it on my hands.

Jim

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...
I can buy it at Lowes. That means Home Depot probably also sells it.

And Woodcraft and Rockler.... If the OP can't find it, he hasn't really
tried.
Jim

Neal

"Jim" wrote in message
. com...

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...
I can buy it at Lowes. That means Home Depot probably also sells it.

And Woodcraft and Rockler.... If the OP can't find it, he hasn't really
tried.
Jim

It's sold at Wal Mart too.

Jim Stuyck

"Marco B" wrote in message
Hi guys. I haven't seen Gorilla glue around lately. Are they still
making the stuff? Can't seen to find it.

Marco

I got some from Home Depot just a couple of days ago. Had
my choice of three or four sizes. Went "smallest."

Jim Stuyck