Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Towers bedroom project, Completed!

"Upscale" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 10:14:45 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Thank you Steve. Go ahead and show your wife, dangle that carrot out
there.

Steve's not thinking far enough ahead. There's wife approved
significant new tool purchase attached to building one of these.

Exactlly! I highly recomend the ........ Festool Domino... Bet you did
not see that one coming.. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe" wrote in message
.. .

Looks good. I imagine the missus is very pleased.

Thank you! My wife is pleased. BTY she made the Nlack White and Red
quilt that is pictured on the bed.

So you're not the only one with talent.

Nice job, both of you.

jc

Thank you Joe

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:26:16 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

;~) Me too. Had I not designed it with Sketchup it may not have ever
gotten off the ground. I had no concept of the project in July of last
year. Starting in October and finishing sometime in November of last year
the towers were complete, December 1, the bed platform, foot and head boards
were complete in time for the new king sized bed.

Well, once it's designed in Sketchup, then you're obligated to build
it. It also occurs to me should you start selling the plans, it
shouldn't be too difficult to offer optional widths of the light
bridge depending on the width of the bed a customer has.

I also thought for those people who are space constricted, it
shouldn't be too difficult to insert a full size roll up film screen
in the light bridge. Hell, I can think of a dozen different options
one could use your tower setup for.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:33:39 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:
Thank you Morris. As a side, I priced 4x4 oak. IIRC around $600 for the
posts. No thanks. I ended up building plywood posts, hollow in the center
and cutting 3/16" thick oak veneer to glue around the perimeters. I saved
about $550 doing them that way. ;~)

I'm guessing your Domino contribute significantly in the building of
the entire project. I wonder how much increased building time would
have been needed if you'd had to build it entirely out of tenon and
mortise construction.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Leon" wrote in
:

Sent. Let me know if you don't get it.

Thanks, Leon, I got it. Will look at it later. And I appreciate it very
much. I will likely ask questions, since I am a rank amateur woodworker,
and definitely an absolute newbie with SU (but I do have Cutlist).

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Han" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in
:

Sent. Let me know if you don't get it.

Thanks, Leon, I got it. Will look at it later. And I appreciate it very
much. I will likely ask questions, since I am a rank amateur woodworker,
and definitely an absolute newbie with SU (but I do have Cutlist).

Do you have Cutlist 4.0 the plug in for Sketchup or Cutlist Plus the stand
alone optimization program?

I have both and use Cutlist 4.0 to import from Sketchup into Cutlist Plus.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:37:40 -0500, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is complete
as designed.

OMFG! The connecting bridge between the towers mad a big change,
Leon. That (lovely set) is scaled for no less than a 20' x 30'
bedroom.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the end
results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

--snip--

Whatcha got, maybe 200 c/f of storage space in that thing? It's
perfect for houses without any closets or dressers, huh?

Nicely done, but I still can't get over the sheer size of that thing.

Sign me: Puny insect.

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:02:59 -0500, the infamous Upscale
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:42:24 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Thank you Sir! I can admit that the early tower pictures looked like a
design that was incomplete. Basically they looked unfinished until I added
the top caps to integrate with the light bridge. Because I only recently
finished the light bridge design I was not sure how the towers would be
finished off. That was part of the plan. LOL

You realize of course that you should sell these plans as a complete
package. I figure $25 for the full set should suffice. Either market
them yourself or put them out on a few dozen woodworking tool such as
Lee Valley Tools.

Should pay for a few toys and regular trips down to the Bahamas.

Excellent idea, Uppy. Go for it, Leon.

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.
-- Samuel Butler
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:38:22 -0500, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
On 3/19/10 10:37 AM, Leon wrote:
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed.

--bit o' snippage--

Amazing work Leon, now you just have to build a bigger bedroom to do it
justice.

No Kidding!

We just cannot seem to talk ourselves into moving into a bigger house,
especially since this one was paid off in 1997. My wife and almost pulled
the trigger on a new home last weekend. We liked a 3087 sq foot new home...
Price was very right, $121,999. I did not like the garage.

Holy ****, Batman. You could have taken several bedrooms (1,500 s/f)
and turned them into the shop, Leon.

Actually with the addition of the light bridge between the towers the room
looks bigger, believe that or not. ;~)

Of course it does. It makes it all one piece!

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.
-- Samuel Butler

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/10 10:37 AM, Leon wrote:
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed.

--bit o' snippage--

Amazing work Leon, now you just have to build a bigger bedroom to do it
justice.

No Kidding!

We just cannot seem to talk ourselves into moving into a bigger house,
especially since this one was paid off in 1997. My wife and almost pulled
the trigger on a new home last weekend. We liked a 3087 sq foot new
home...
Price was very right, $121,999. I did not like the garage.

Holy ****, Batman. You could have taken several bedrooms (1,500 s/f)
and turned them into the shop, Leon.

Ah never really considered that. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:37:40 -0500, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is
complete
as designed.

OMFG! The connecting bridge between the towers mad a big change,
Leon. That (lovely set) is scaled for no less than a 20' x 30'
bedroom.

Yeah it did. Well it might be a little small for a 600' room. I'm not
finished, I am planing on replacing our current dresser with a larger one in
the same theme. ;~)

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the end
results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

--snip--

Whatcha got, maybe 200 c/f of storage space in that thing? It's
perfect for houses without any closets or dressers, huh?

Nicely done, but I still can't get over the sheer size of that thing.

Thank you Larry,

It is not tooo intimidating. I think a camera with a different lens would
put things a bit more in perspective. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in
:

"Steve" wrote in message
. 153.165...

Leon,

Looks great. I will avoid showing my wife these photos just yet. I
made the mistake of showing her Swingman's dining table so that will
be my next big project.

Again, great work!!

Steve

Thank you Steve. Go ahead and show your wife, dangle that carrot out
there.

Leon,

On second thought maybe I will show her. I sure could use a drum sander
for smoothing out the veneers, and a domino to speed up the mortise and
tenon work. She loves the mission/arts and crafts style, so slowly I have
been replacing our existing furniture with that style. She's a keeper so
I will show her your bedroom after all. At least that way she can decide
which she wants first a new dining table or a new bedroom set.

Again great work and thanks for showing it off,
Steve
Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve wrote in
. 207.163:

Leon,

On second thought maybe I will show her. I sure could use a drum
sander for smoothing out the veneers, and a domino to speed up the
mortise and tenon work. She loves the mission/arts and crafts style,
so slowly I have been replacing our existing furniture with that
style. She's a keeper so I will show her your bedroom after all. At
least that way she can decide which she wants first a new dining table
or a new bedroom set.

Again great work and thanks for showing it off,
Steve

A nice bandsaw will help you get the most out of your wood, but that
might be pushing it. ;-)

Puckdropper
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Leon" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in
:

Sent. Let me know if you don't get it.

Thanks, Leon, I got it. Will look at it later. And I appreciate it
very much. I will likely ask questions, since I am a rank amateur
woodworker, and definitely an absolute newbie with SU (but I do have
Cutlist).

Do you have Cutlist 4.0 the plug in for Sketchup or Cutlist Plus the
stand alone optimization program?

I have both and use Cutlist 4.0 to import from Sketchup into Cutlist
Plus.

I still spend far too much time on my job and not enough on my hobbies.
I believe I have those Cutlist things (I know I paid some good money),
but I confess that I don't (yet) use them to full effect. Retiring late
this year and then ...

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 19, 9:37*am, "Leon" wrote:
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. *My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. * For all practical purposes the project is complete
as designed.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the end
results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85682/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...11881/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85008/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...10977/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...79402/sizes/o/

Ya know, when I saw your earlier stuff I was wondering how it was
going to work in a smaller room. Very clear now. That is a beautiful
addition that provides all of the storage you could possibly need in
one very neat package using minimal floorspace.

Nice Work!

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 00:45:37 -0500, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:37:40 -0500, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is
complete
as designed.

OMFG! The connecting bridge between the towers mad a big change,
Leon. That (lovely set) is scaled for no less than a 20' x 30'
bedroom.

Yeah it did. Well it might be a little small for a 600' room. I'm not
finished, I am planing on replacing our current dresser with a larger one in
the same theme. ;~)

A glutton for punishment, you is, Leon mon.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the end
results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

--snip--

Whatcha got, maybe 200 c/f of storage space in that thing? It's
perfect for houses without any closets or dressers, huh?

Nicely done, but I still can't get over the sheer size of that thing.

Thank you Larry,

It is not tooo intimidating. I think a camera with a different lens would
put things a bit more in perspective. ;~)

Put a human in there next to it for perspective and I'll bet there's
no difference in the intimidation factor.

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.
-- Samuel Butler
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 00:41:02 -0500, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

On 3/19/10 10:37 AM, Leon wrote:
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed.

--bit o' snippage--

Amazing work Leon, now you just have to build a bigger bedroom to do it
justice.

No Kidding!

We just cannot seem to talk ourselves into moving into a bigger house,
especially since this one was paid off in 1997. My wife and almost pulled
the trigger on a new home last weekend. We liked a 3087 sq foot new
home...
Price was very right, $121,999. I did not like the garage.

Holy ****, Batman. You could have taken several bedrooms (1,500 s/f)
and turned them into the shop, Leon.

Ah never really considered that. LOL

All it'll cost you is some extra doors, an exterior garage door, and a
different HVAC unit and sub-panel for the new shop area.

Oh, and some QuietRock paneling, to keep the shop noise out of the
house.

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.
-- Samuel Butler
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Han" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in
:

I still spend far too much time on my job and not enough on my hobbies.
I believe I have those Cutlist things (I know I paid some good money),
but I confess that I don't (yet) use them to full effect. Retiring late
this year and then ...

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

LOL. If you spent good money you most likely have Cutlist "Plus".

You want to search/Google for Cutlist 4.0. It is a "free" plugin for
Sketchup and imports your data from Sketchup directly into Cutlist Plus. A
real time saver and insures accuracy.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve" wrote in message
. 207.163...

Thank you Steve. Go ahead and show your wife, dangle that carrot out
there.

Leon,

On second thought maybe I will show her. I sure could use a drum sander
for smoothing out the veneers, and a domino to speed up the mortise and
tenon work. She loves the mission/arts and crafts style, so slowly I have
been replacing our existing furniture with that style. She's a keeper so
I will show her your bedroom after all. At least that way she can decide
which she wants first a new dining table or a new bedroom set.

There you go... those tools absolutely make the project and others for that
matter much easier. A 12" disk sander came in handy also. I made all of
the drawer pulls, 18 of them out of cherry and oak, cherry being the outer,
most visable wood. They have rounded fronts so I glued a pattern on to them
and sanded the ark shape to match the pattern.

Again great work and thanks for showing it off,
Steve

And again, thank you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
Steve wrote in
. 207.163:

Leon,

On second thought maybe I will show her. I sure could use a drum
sander for smoothing out the veneers, and a domino to speed up the
mortise and tenon work. She loves the mission/arts and crafts style,
so slowly I have been replacing our existing furniture with that
style. She's a keeper so I will show her your bedroom after all. At
least that way she can decide which she wants first a new dining table
or a new bedroom set.

Again great work and thanks for showing it off,
Steve

A nice bandsaw will help you get the most out of your wood, but that
might be pushing it. ;-)

LOL, My Laguna was up to the task of cutting the arch over the bed and the
arcs on the tower upper door details. Not to mention the veneer for the bed
posts. :~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RonB" wrote in message
On Mar 19, 9:37 am, "Leon" wrote:
[...]

Thank you Ron!
I guess a big advantage to using Sketchup is that I, early on, drew the
bedroom and started putting the designed pieces into that drawing, to make
sure thay would actually fit. ;~) Seriousely though and as others have that
have been following along like you pointed out, the bridge between the
towers made it all work and IMHO made the room look bigger.

The room has 10' ceilings and I really wanted to use up some of that wasted
space for storage, along with under the bed.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Leon" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in
:

I still spend far too much time on my job and not enough on my
hobbies. I believe I have those Cutlist things (I know I paid some
good money), but I confess that I don't (yet) use them to full
effect. Retiring late this year and then ...

--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

LOL. If you spent good money you most likely have Cutlist "Plus".

You want to search/Google for Cutlist 4.0. It is a "free" plugin for
Sketchup and imports your data from Sketchup directly into Cutlist
Plus. A real time saver and insures accuracy.

I seem to already have the plugin, but I had to upgrade and reactivate
Cutlist. Now I have version 2006.6.5

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/21/2010 2:06 PM, Han wrote:

I seem to already have the plugin, but I had to upgrade and reactivate
Cutlist. Now I have version 2006.6.5

Mine's 2009.5.11

Two of my most useful woodworking tools ... hardly ever go into the shop
these days without SU drawings of what I'm going to do, and a CutList
Plus parts list and layout diagrams for cutting.

Also absolutely great for pricing jobs. I've routinely updated the
materials database prices whenever I get a purchase invoice. Amazing how
often my BOM estimates using CutList Plus are to the penny, including
tax. I've have the Gold version and have been dead-on with the materials
estimates on a some pretty large kitchens, including doors, drawers, and
hardware, and months in advance.

Can't afford surprises with the operating margins these days and CLP has
paid for itself many times over in that regard.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 21 Mar 2010 15:38:44 GMT, the infamous Han
scrawled the following:

"Leon" wrote in
m:

"Han" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in
:

Sent. Let me know if you don't get it.

Thanks, Leon, I got it. Will look at it later. And I appreciate it
very much. I will likely ask questions, since I am a rank amateur
woodworker, and definitely an absolute newbie with SU (but I do have
Cutlist).

Do you have Cutlist 4.0 the plug in for Sketchup or Cutlist Plus the
stand alone optimization program?

I have both and use Cutlist 4.0 to import from Sketchup into Cutlist
Plus.

I still spend far too much time on my job and not enough on my hobbies.
I believe I have those Cutlist things (I know I paid some good money),
but I confess that I don't (yet) use them to full effect. Retiring late
this year and then ...

....you'll be too busy "retiring" to do much woodworking, too. I keep
hearing that from retirees.

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.
-- Samuel Butler

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Swingman wrote in
:

Mine's 2009.5.11

Two of my most useful woodworking tools ... hardly ever go into the
shop these days without SU drawings of what I'm going to do, and a
CutList Plus parts list and layout diagrams for cutting.

Also absolutely great for pricing jobs. I've routinely updated the
materials database prices whenever I get a purchase invoice. Amazing
how often my BOM estimates using CutList Plus are to the penny,
including tax. I've have the Gold version and have been dead-on with
the materials estimates on a some pretty large kitchens, including
doors, drawers, and hardware, and months in advance.

Can't afford surprises with the operating margins these days and CLP
has paid for itself many times over in that regard.

Eventually I'll look up what I miss with my version versus the next one.
For now, I don't think I need to spend $249 (probably less as an upgrade,
but still).

I can really see how this is just about a must for a professional!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:50:16 -0500, the infamous Swingman
scrawled the following:

On 3/21/2010 2:06 PM, Han wrote:

I seem to already have the plugin, but I had to upgrade and reactivate
Cutlist. Now I have version 2006.6.5

Mine's 2009.5.11

Two of my most useful woodworking tools ... hardly ever go into the shop
these days without SU drawings of what I'm going to do, and a CutList
Plus parts list and layout diagrams for cutting.

Holy ****, Batman! I just went to the CutlistPlus.com site and saw
the prices. For only $500, you can have a program tell you how to cut
a freakin' sheet of plywood? Or only $250 for a lesser program? And
$90 for the rock-bottom software? How do they get that? (Cutlist
used to be free.) I guess it helps to be working with tons of ply
daily.

Also absolutely great for pricing jobs. I've routinely updated the
materials database prices whenever I get a purchase invoice. Amazing how
often my BOM estimates using CutList Plus are to the penny, including
tax. I've have the Gold version and have been dead-on with the materials
estimates on a some pretty large kitchens, including doors, drawers, and
hardware, and months in advance.

Cool. I can see where the pricing tool is worth its cost. There sure
aren't many extra features per upgrade step, are there? I'd guess
that cabinetmakers would pretty much be the sole target market for the
Gold edition and cabinet manufacturers the sole target for the
Platinum edition.

Can't afford surprises with the operating margins these days and CLP has
paid for itself many times over in that regard.

Grok that. But if margins are that low, shouldn't you be trying to
get more custom work, Swingy? Hang out on the corner of McMansion and
Main with a sign "Will Do Custom Cabinetry for Food" sign, eh?

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we
shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.
-- Samuel Butler
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/21/2010 2:06 PM, Han wrote:

I seem to already have the plugin, but I had to upgrade and reactivate
Cutlist. Now I have version 2006.6.5

Mine's 2009.5.11

Two of my most useful woodworking tools ... hardly ever go into the shop
these days without SU drawings of what I'm going to do, and a CutList
Plus parts list and layout diagrams for cutting.

Holy ****, Batman! I just went to the CutlistPlus.com site and saw
the prices. For only $500, you can have a program tell you how to cut
a freakin' sheet of plywood? Or only $250 for a lesser program? And
$90 for the rock-bottom software? How do they get that? (Cutlist
used to be free.) I guess it helps to be working with tons of ply
daily.

I have been using CLP for quite a while IIRC 10+ years and do not ever
recall the program being free with the exception of a very limited
evaluation version. $500 gets you much more than a program that shows you
how to cut a sheet of plywood. To name a few perks the program provides, it
will track and releive your inventory of materials and produce several
reports with information concerning cost, mark up, tax, etc.

How do they charge those prices? On my Tower Bed Room project alone I
probably saved 3~4 days of planning on lay out of materials out of my
particular inventory of materials and their odd sizes. That alone paid for
the program. Then consider the reduction of wase in materials when a
project like my Towers Bedroom project which had probably 50 different sizes
of parts totaling in excess of 300 pieces on the towers alone.

Also absolutely great for pricing jobs. I've routinely updated the
materials database prices whenever I get a purchase invoice. Amazing how
often my BOM estimates using CutList Plus are to the penny, including
tax. I've have the Gold version and have been dead-on with the materials
estimates on a some pretty large kitchens, including doors, drawers, and
hardware, and months in advance.

Cool. I can see where the pricing tool is worth its cost. There sure
aren't many extra features per upgrade step, are there? I'd guess
that cabinetmakers would pretty much be the sole target market for the
Gold edition and cabinet manufacturers the sole target for the
Platinum edition.

True, there are not many extra perks to the higher priced versions for the
common hibbiest other than the ability to use more part pieces and sizes.
It can be a real bummer to need to enter 4 or 5 extra parts once you have
hit a particular program versions limit.

Can't afford surprises with the operating margins these days and CLP has
paid for itself many times over in that regard.

Grok that. But if margins are that low, shouldn't you be trying to
get more custom work, Swingy? Hang out on the corner of McMansion and
Main with a sign "Will Do Custom Cabinetry for Food" sign, eh?

Can't do that in West U. ;~) It would be frowned upon.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:12:18 -0500, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

. ..

On 3/21/2010 2:06 PM, Han wrote:

[...]

I did say "Cutlist" rather than "Plus", Leon.

That you did. BUT! Cutlist is still free. Cutlist, is not the same
program as Cutlist Plus. I have been using Cutlist Plus for about 10+
years, I only recently discovered Cutlist, the plugin.

$500 gets you much more than a program that shows you
how to cut a sheet of plywood. To name a few perks the program provides,
it
will track and releive your inventory of materials and produce several
reports with information concerning cost, mark up, tax, etc.

I figured that it did, but I wanted to be ironic.

How do they charge those prices? On my Tower Bed Room project alone I
probably saved 3~4 days of planning on lay out of materials out of my
particular inventory of materials and their odd sizes. That alone paid
for
the program.

Very cool! But then, how many people build bedroom sets which will
seat 32,146 at a time?

I suspect that if you have the capability you may very well build the larger
projects. I have built many large projects in the past, several kitchens,
however not that many large projects that I was not being paid for. The
bedroom project took little of my time in planing and optimizing with both
Cutlist.* programs and Sketchup.
Lets just say with the combination of the 3 programs listed above there is
organization and order, and much less intimidation to actually do the
project. Most of us remark that we would like to build something of a
certain magnitude if we only had the courage.

Then consider the reduction of wase in materials when a
project like my Towers Bedroom project which had probably 50 different
sizes
of parts totaling in excess of 300 pieces on the towers alone.

Which version do you have, Leon?

I use Cutlist 4.0 as the Sketchup plugin and I am vurrently using Cutlist
Plus Gold Edition 2009.5.5

True, there are not many extra perks to the higher priced versions for the
common hibbiest other than the ability to use more part pieces and sizes.

Vas ist das "hibbiest", mein herr? Oh, you meant "hobbyist", dincha?

Yeah. uh huh.

It can be a real bummer to need to enter 4 or 5 extra parts once you have
hit a particular program versions limit.

Yeah, I think I did that once and came unglued over it.

Yup! a reeeeeel ****er. ;~)

Can't afford surprises with the operating margins these days and CLP has
paid for itself many times over in that regard.

Grok that. But if margins are that low, shouldn't you be trying to
get more custom work, Swingy? Hang out on the corner of McMansion and
Main with a sign "Will Do Custom Cabinetry for Food" sign, eh?

Can't do that in West U. ;~) It would be frowned upon.

Yabbut, it was a fun thought, eh? I got this email eons ago:

;!)