Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Towers bedroom project, Completed!

Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is complete
as designed.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the end
results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85682/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...11881/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85008/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...10977/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...79402/sizes/o/

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is
complete as designed.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the end
results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85682/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...11881/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85008/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...10977/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...79402/sizes/o/

I was going to ask about the lights in the bridge. But picture number five
answered that question. Where is the light switch? Are the lights
dimmable?

I like the cubby holes.

Where is the beer cooler and big screen TV? ;-)

Looks good. I imagine the missus is very pleased.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

I was going to ask about the lights in the bridge. But picture number five
answered that question. Where is the light switch? Are the lights
dimmable?

There are two, 5 white light LED's ineach lamp and each lamp has its own
dimmer. I built a swivel mount for each lamp so that they can be aimed at
the towers for reflective light or straight down or towards the center of
the bed. They will turn up in power to almost too much light. Each lamp
halso has a rocker switch of on and off. I did however add a pull chain
switch to the back side of the light bridge as a master switch on each side.
I bought the lamps at Lowes.

I like the cubby holes.

They are very handy for hiding the clutter that normally shows up on the bed
side table. Additionally the front side of the cubby actually opens, the
muntin door, to expose more hard to reach areas in case you need to get in
farther.

Where is the beer cooler and big screen TV? ;-)

No beer cooler. ;~) There is however a 32" LCD TV mounted to the wall over
the bedroom door. Our ceilings are 10' tall so it was an easy fit. I ran a
50' component cable from the HDDVR in the livingroom to the bedroom TV and
use RF controllers so that we can watch TV and use the living room HD DVR.

Looks good. I imagine the missus is very pleased.

Thank you! My wife is pleased. BTY she made the Nlack White and Red quilt
that is pictured on the bed.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 19, 10:37*am, "Leon" wrote:
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. *My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. * For all practical purposes the project is complete
as designed.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the end
results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85682/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...11881/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85008/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...10977/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...79402/sizes/o/

Excellent! I wasn't sure about the design before, but now that I see
it all as a whole it resonates with me. I will make sure NOT to show
this to Angela. G
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Mar 19, 10:37 am, "Leon" wrote:
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is complete
as designed.

Excellent! I wasn't sure about the design before, but now that I see
it all as a whole it resonates with me. I will make sure NOT to show
this to Angela. G

Thank you Sir! I can admit that the early tower pictures looked like a
design that was incomplete. Basically they looked unfinished until I added
the top caps to integrate with the light bridge. Because I only recently
finished the light bridge design I was not sure how the towers would be
finished off. That was part of the plan. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

Excellent! I wasn't sure about the design before, but now that I see
it all as a whole it resonates with me. I will make sure NOT to show
this to Angela. G

Smart move.

It would be an incredible amount of work (and expense) to make such a
project out of granite. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2010 9:37 AM, Leon wrote:
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is complete
as designed.

Mighty magnificent, as usual, Leon!

When you get mine finished, bring it on over and I'll see if Linda will
help you unload it.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:42:24 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Thank you Sir! I can admit that the early tower pictures looked like a
design that was incomplete. Basically they looked unfinished until I added
the top caps to integrate with the light bridge. Because I only recently
finished the light bridge design I was not sure how the towers would be
finished off. That was part of the plan. LOL

You realize of course that you should sell these plans as a complete
package. I figure $25 for the full set should suffice. Either market
them yourself or put them out on a few dozen woodworking tool such as
Lee Valley Tools.

Should pay for a few toys and regular trips down to the Bahamas.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2010 10:37 AM, Leon wrote:
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is complete
as designed.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the end
results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85682/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...11881/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85008/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...10977/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...79402/sizes/o/

Just a lurker most of the time but this really struck a chord.
Fantastic workmanship!!!!!! Sure wish I had the guts to tackle
something of this magnitude.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:37:40 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is complete
as designed.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the end
results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85682/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...11881/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85008/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...10977/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...79402/sizes/o/

....I LOVE the bed design! Very cool...

cg

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/10 10:37 AM, Leon wrote:
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is complete
as designed.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the end
results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85682/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...11881/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85008/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...10977/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...79402/sizes/o/

Amazing work Leon, now you just have to build a bigger bedroom to do it
justice.

;-)

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Thank you Sir! I can admit that the early tower pictures looked like a
design that was incomplete. Basically they looked unfinished until I
added
the top caps to integrate with the light bridge. Because I only recently
finished the light bridge design I was not sure how the towers would be
finished off. That was part of the plan. LOL

You realize of course that you should sell these plans as a complete
package. I figure $25 for the full set should suffice. Either market
them yourself or put them out on a few dozen woodworking tool such as
Lee Valley Tools.

Should pay for a few toys and regular trips down to the Bahamas.

Hummmmm I may revisit that. Years a go when I was doing 2D drawings I
considered doing that but with 2D there was too much chance of error. With
3D Sketchup, an error is a glaring sore thumb and easy to correct.
I totally depended on my drawings with few dimensions. Cutlist 5.0 and
Cutlist Plus pretty much told me how to cut the pieces.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 3/19/2010 9:37 AM, Leon wrote:
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in
each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is
complete
as designed.

Mighty magnificent, as usual, Leon!

When you get mine finished, bring it on over and I'll see if Linda will
help you unload it.

No kiddd'n.

Thank you, again.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"rmorton" wrote in message
[...]

;~) Me too. Had I not designed it with Sketchup it may not have ever
gotyen off the ground. I had no concept of the project in July of last
year. Starting in October and finishing sometime in November of last year
the towers were complete, December 1, the bed platform, foot and head boards
were complete in time for the new king sized bed. Through January I built
the 18 drawers for the under bed storage and made the 8 cherry muntins, all
with half lap jointery, to fit inside the upper panel openings in the head
and foot boards. With a hardship in the family it took me several more
weeks to complete the light bridge.

THANK YOU.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
On 3/19/10 10:37 AM, Leon wrote:
[...]

No Kidding!

We just cannot seem to talk ourselves into moving into a bigger house,
especially since this one was paid off in 1997. My wife and almost pulled
the trigger on a new home last weekend. We liked a 3087 sq foot new home...
Price was very right, $121,999. I did not like the garage.

Actually with the addition of the light bridge between the towers the room
looks bigger, believe that or not. ;~)

Thank you!

Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

"Leon" wrote in message
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is
complete as designed.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the end
results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85682/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...11881/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85008/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...10977/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...79402/sizes/o/

Mighty fine piece of work there, Leon. Congrats on a great job.

Max

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is complete
as designed.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the end
results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85682/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...11881/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85008/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...10977/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...79402/sizes/o/

You just made my Murphy bed project look easy!

Keep plugging

- Doug
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 19, 9:37*am, "Leon" wrote:
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. *My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. * For all practical purposes the project is complete
as designed.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the end
results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85682/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...11881/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85008/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...10977/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...79402/sizes/o/

Gorgeous!! You should be very proud of this one!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2010 9:37 AM, Leon wrote:
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains to
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is complete
as designed.

Looks good - I especially like the headboard/footboard styles.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill" wrote in message
Truly awesome.

Bill

Thank you Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message

You just made my Murphy bed project look easy!

Keep plugging

- Doug

Well it did take a while but it was really pretty straight forward, just
lots of details.

Thank you Doug,

Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message

Gorgeous!! You should be very proud of this one!

Thank you Brian, it's a keeper... Too darn hard to take out of the room.
;~) I just wish the room was big enough to take decent shots.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
On 3/19/2010 9:37 AM, Leon wrote:
Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains
the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in
each
of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is
complete
as designed.

Looks good - I especially like the headboard/footboard styles.

Thank you Morris. As a side, I priced 4x4 oak. IIRC around $600 for the
posts. No thanks. I ended up building plywood posts, hollow in the center
and cutting 3/16" thick oak veneer to glue around the perimeters. I saved
about $550 doing them that way. ;~)

Oh and BTY!!!! I used my Kerf Maker to make the muntins on the upper panels
on the foot and head boards. All half lap jointery. First try, perfect
fit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2010 9:33 PM, Leon wrote:
"Morris wrote in message

Looks good - I especially like the headboard/footboard styles.

Thank you Morris. As a side, I priced 4x4 oak. IIRC around $600 for the
posts. No thanks. I ended up building plywood posts, hollow in the center
and cutting 3/16" thick oak veneer to glue around the perimeters. I saved
about $550 doing them that way. ;~)

I wouldn't have guessed from looking at the photos. I'm not sure you
should tell people about that. :-D

Oh and BTY!!!! I used my Kerf Maker to make the muntins on the upper panels
on the foot and head boards. All half lap jointery. First try, perfect
fit.

Gotta love a tool that works this well. You might need to think about
applying that savings toward the JM-1. ;-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in
:

Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add
curtains to the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable
storage unit in each of those storage areas. For all practical
purposes the project is complete as designed.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the
end results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85682/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...11881/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85008/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...10977/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...79402/sizes/o/

Leon,

Looks great. I will avoid showing my wife these photos just yet. I made
the mistake of showing her Swingman's dining table so that will be my
next big project.

Again, great work!!

Steve
Posted to rec.woodworking

WOW, Leon! Very nicely done!

I think I like the detailing on the project the best. I like the
lines and patterns on the foot board and the drawers and doors. Just
enough detail to make it look really classy.

I am liking less complicated designs these days, and those look just
about perfect to my eye. Like I said, just enough to make it look
great.

I caught your comment on making the posts from plywood and veneering
them. Excellent.

Like the others that have mentioned it, I am NOT going to let Kathy
see this pics!

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Leon" wrote in
:

Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add
curtains to the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable
storage unit in each of those storage areas. For all practical
purposes the project is complete as designed.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the
end results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85682/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...11881/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85008/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...10977/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...79402/sizes/o/

WOOOOW!!!

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Upscale wrote in
:

You realize of course that you should sell these plans as a complete
package. I figure $25 for the full set should suffice.

Yes!! I'd like a set ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Han" wrote in message
Upscale wrote in
:

You realize of course that you should sell these plans as a complete
package. I figure $25 for the full set should suffice.

Yes!! I'd like a set ...

Promise not to distribut the plans and I will e-mail you the Sketchup
drawing. Keep in mind that I have not proofed the plans but you can get a
real good idea as to wow to build the project. You eill have to add your
own dimensions.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/19/2010 9:33 PM, Leon wrote:
"Morris wrote in message

Looks good - I especially like the headboard/footboard styles.

Thank you Morris. As a side, I priced 4x4 oak. IIRC around $600 for the
posts. No thanks. I ended up building plywood posts, hollow in the
center
and cutting 3/16" thick oak veneer to glue around the perimeters. I
saved
about $550 doing them that way. ;~)

I wouldn't have guessed from looking at the photos. I'm not sure you
should tell people about that. :-D

If by any chance you loooked through the other pictures I have on Flickr,
you may have noticed what I refer to as "toad stools" the post
finals/capitols. They are on a 2x2x8 which slides down inside the hollow
bed posts. Handy for removal when flipping the mattress and a simple
solution for attachment. ;~)

Oh and BTY!!!! I used my Kerf Maker to make the muntins on the upper
panels
on the foot and head boards. All half lap jointery. First try, perfect
fit.

Gotta love a tool that works this well. You might need to think about
applying that savings toward the JM-1. ;-)

I used it again on the light bridge, I neded to cut an 8' long dado to
receive the plywood top. Again, first try was perfect and beat setting up
for 1 dado.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve" wrote in message
. 153.165...

Leon,

Looks great. I will avoid showing my wife these photos just yet. I made
the mistake of showing her Swingman's dining table so that will be my
next big project.

Again, great work!!

Steve

Thank you Steve. Go ahead and show your wife, dangle that carrot out there.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Leon" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
Upscale wrote in
:

You realize of course that you should sell these plans as a complete
package. I figure $25 for the full set should suffice.

Yes!! I'd like a set ...

Promise not to distribut the plans and I will e-mail you the Sketchup
drawing. Keep in mind that I have not proofed the plans but you can
get a real good idea as to wow to build the project. You eill have to
add your own dimensions.

I promise, and fully understand. Not ready for immediate implementation,
but I love the designs!

You've got mail from my gmail address (I hope that removing "dot" was
enough).

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
WOW, Leon! Very nicely done!

Thank you Robert!

I think I like the detailing on the project the best. I like the
lines and patterns on the foot board and the drawers and doors. Just
enough detail to make it look really classy.

You know,,,;~) here comes a life long dream story. When I was younger,
probably in my early 20's, I had a reoccouring dream. I lived in a large
house with a stair case that was on the outer walls. The stair case was
lined with book cases on the landings that also served as "stair case
dirrection changers"? The wood work was probably walnut and had lots of
details. It was the kind of stair case that resembled a hall way and had
lots of things to catch your attention. Basically the stair case "was" the
destination, I never made it to the top in my dreams.

I have always dreamed of having that house...HA! Well my wife are still in
our starter home that we were only going to stay in for 4 or 5 years, 29
years ago. Oddly the house still works for us and I decided to make our
small bed room into my "destination".

I will confess that I got the head and foot board idea from an Amish
furniture store. Their bed had the muntins in the upper panels similar to
my bed. Because the bed was in an Amish store, and as you may very well
know, you are not allowed to take pictures. I had to make a mental image
and everything evolved from there. The lower bed storage drawers, towers,
and light bridge are all of my own design. I think the light bridge is the
what makes me think back to my old dream with that old fashoned look.
Laying under the bridge and looking up you see things that you don't
normally see from the angle that my pictures show. I still look inside the
tower cubbys and wonder how all the inside details came out astetically
pleasing. Basically the in sides look like the out sides. While I
phisically did all the work with out help except to cut a large panel and
now and then I truely had a higher power standing by my side all the way
through. I am still not sure how I was able to build the 8 side panels of
the towers with 64 pre mortised Domino holes for 8 fixed shelves on 8
different planes for both towers and it all come together perfectly, first
try.

Now if I can just figure out how and find the time to move that picture that
is half covered by "Kim's tower", ;~)

I am liking less complicated designs these days, and those look just
about perfect to my eye. Like I said, just enough to make it look
great.

Thank you again Robert.

I caught your comment on making the posts from plywood and veneering
them. Excellent.

Cutting veneer with my Laguna BS is fun, you get what you expect. I
discovered however that 3/16" veneer, I used this thickness to reface a
neighbors kitchen cabinets in 2008, is pretty much like working with normal
wood. It is less likely to be a problem in the corners and is thick enough
to take a whack. It does not immediately curl when you apply glue and can
be "pinned" to prevent movement while clamping.

Like the others that have mentioned it, I am NOT going to let Kathy
see this pics!

Aw come on Robert! LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Han" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in
:

Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add
curtains to the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable
storage unit in each of those storage areas. For all practical
purposes the project is complete as designed.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the
end results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...86012/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85682/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...11881/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...85008/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...10977/sizes/o/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...79402/sizes/o/

WOOOOW!!!

LOL... thank you Han...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sent. Let me know if you don't get it.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Looks good. I imagine the missus is very pleased.

Thank you! My wife is pleased. BTY she made the Nlack White and Red
quilt that is pictured on the bed.

So you're not the only one with talent.

Nice job, both of you.

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:33:39 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:
Thank you Morris. As a side, I priced 4x4 oak. IIRC around $600 for the
posts. No thanks. I ended up building plywood posts, hollow in the
center
and cutting 3/16" thick oak veneer to glue around the perimeters. I saved
about $550 doing them that way. ;~)

I'm guessing your Domino contribute significantly in the building of
the entire project. I wonder how much increased building time would
have been needed if you'd had to build it entirely out of tenon and
mortise construction.

Lots of Domino's in the towers 100+, about 40 on the bed and 4 in the light
bridge.
The Domino was a real time saver and the accuracy was key on the towers.
Several Domino's in half of the tower outer panels, and 32 Domino's to join
the fixed shelves and 4 outer panels on each tower. I used stub ttnnons on
the panels that had framed panels.