Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default The Towers bedroom project, Completed!

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

I was going to ask about the lights in the bridge. But picture number five
answered that question. Where is the light switch? Are the lights
dimmable?

There are two, 5 white light LED's ineach lamp and each lamp has its own
dimmer. I built a swivel mount for each lamp so that they can be aimed at
the towers for reflective light or straight down or towards the center of
the bed. They will turn up in power to almost too much light. Each lamp
halso has a rocker switch of on and off. I did however add a pull chain
switch to the back side of the light bridge as a master switch on each side.
I bought the lamps at Lowes.

I like the cubby holes.

They are very handy for hiding the clutter that normally shows up on the bed
side table. Additionally the front side of the cubby actually opens, the
muntin door, to expose more hard to reach areas in case you need to get in
farther.

Where is the beer cooler and big screen TV? ;-)

No beer cooler. ;~) There is however a 32" LCD TV mounted to the wall over
the bedroom door. Our ceilings are 10' tall so it was an easy fit. I ran a
50' component cable from the HDDVR in the livingroom to the bedroom TV and
use RF controllers so that we can watch TV and use the living room HD DVR.

Looks good. I imagine the missus is very pleased.

Thank you! My wife is pleased. BTY she made the Nlack White and Red quilt
that is pictured on the bed.