Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIT Storage heaters

On Saturday, 10 December 2016 14:31:54 UTC, Fredxxx wrote:

You provide your name and I guess your address is also public knowledge.
Each area has record of which company is supplying which property. After
advertising your situation regarding "free" electricity it is trivial
for a vindictive person, probably a non-cyclist, to make that call for
the appropriate supplier to then bill you for the year at the current
standard rate.

They will then be on tape at BG having to come up with my maternal granny's maiden name, my first pet and first car.

They will then get their collar felt for fraud.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 10 December 2016 14:52:13 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
Fredxxx wrote:

it is trivial for a vindictive person, probably a non-cyclist, to
make that call for the appropriate supplier to then bill you for the
year at the current standard rate.

The 12 month limit is only for cases where the customer has acted in
good faith, if acting in bad faith they can probably go back 6 or 7 years.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/who-contact-if-its-difficult-paying-energy-bills/energy-back-billing-your-rights

They will be on tape saying "Don't worry, Mr Mason, we will sort everything out for you, just sit back and let the experts sort it out."

FAIR ENOUGH, PAL!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 13:18:17 -0000, Bod wrote:

On 10/12/2016 13:14, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 13:08:41 UTC, Bod wrote:
On 10/12/2016 13:02, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 10:19:02 UTC, RJH wrote:

I'd find the noise an issue, and prefer:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Delonghi-Dra...dp/B00CA1T076/

Amazon just rang and said that the Dyson is out of stock, so I just
bought one of these instead. Might as well get free air con while I
am at it.

http://amzn.to/2hijb6l

That does not give you aircon.

Powerful cooling fan high airflow and velocity. Cools you with an
uninterrupted stream of air * Includes remote control its curved and
magnetized to store neatly on top of the machine * Touch tilt pivots
on its own centre of gravity staying put without clamping. You can
direct airflow where ever you want it.

All that unit will do is blow the warm air around the room, it cannot
cool the air.

But provided the air is cooler than 37C, it can cool you.

air can cool you up to 50C if the humidity is low

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
Fredxxx wrote:

it is trivial for a vindictive person, probably a non-cyclist, to
make that call for the appropriate supplier to then bill you for the
year at the current standard rate.

The 12 month limit is only for cases where the customer has acted in
good faith, if acting in bad faith they can probably go back 6 or 7
years.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/who-contact-if-its-difficult-paying-energy-bills/energy-back-billing-your-rights

Yup. And those stealing electricity ain't going to be careful how it's
used, so expect to pay on an estimated use at the upper end.

--
*According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 18:49:42 +1100, Rod Speed wrote:

Makes a lot more sense to leave it because you wont have free electricity
for long.

But we will have more cheap electricity when the likes of Moreside
come on steam, and we will run out of gas.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 10/12/2016 07:17, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 06:54:19 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 10/12/2016 05:20, Simon Mason wrote:
Now I have free electricity I have decided to get rid of my gas boiler and fit room electric storage heaters instead. Do I keep my water filled radiators and get a bloke to install an electric CH system, or do I rip out the lot myself and fit £3000 2kW electric storage heaters?

FFS.

If you have free electricity why would you want electric storage heaters?

Well, unlike the gas that I pay for, if I have free electric heating, I can heat the house for nothing and ditch boiler breakdown insurance as well.

Boiler insurance is for ******s.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Judith" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 23:17:59 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Saturday, 10 December 2016 06:54:19 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 10/12/2016 05:20, Simon Mason wrote:
Now I have free electricity I have decided to get rid of my gas boiler
and fit room electric storage heaters instead. Do I keep my water
filled radiators and get a bloke to install an electric CH system, or
do I rip out the lot myself and fit £3000 2kW electric storage
heaters?

FFS.

If you have free electricity why would you want electric storage
heaters?

Well, unlike the gas that I pay for, if I have free electric heating, I
can heat the house for nothing and ditch boiler breakdown insurance as
well.

How much free electric do you have per hour?
From where do you get it?

They don't currently read the meter because he agreed
to have a smartmeter installed and they havent gotten
around to installing it yet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 10:47:48 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:

As for the original question. How has this person got free
electricity. Suffice to say that if this is true, you can jolly
well be sure it will not remain free for very long as the
government will want to tax it.

The only way they will ever find out is if a man comes to read it
which last happened in 2012.

I do my own readings and submit them online to BG.
I remember this bloke coming round to read the meters about two years ago
and asked him what happens if they are ALWAYS unable to obtain access or are
turned away.
He said that at the end of the day, and it could be a long day, a warrant is
obtained and he comes back with a policeman.
I can't remember if they still come round to read the meter, but there is
meter reading bloke living down the road from me. He drives around in a van.
Oh!

https://www.britishgas.co.uk/help-an...-my-meter.html
"For safety reasons and as required by law, we will still send an authorised
meter reader to inspect your meter from time to time."

I'd watch it Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 10:47:48 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:

As for the original question. How has this person got free electricity.
Suffice to say that if this is true, you can jolly well be sure it will
not remain free for very long as the government will want to tax it.

The only way they will ever find out is if a man
comes to read it which last happened in 2012.

They will just use and estimate which will take your
breath away and the only way to avoid the debt
collectors taking the Giulia is to let them read the
meter, in which case they will take the Giulia anyway
because the electricity bill will be much higher than
the estimate because you have been stupid enough
to use it like it was free when it isnt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 14:31:54 UTC, Fredxxx wrote:

You provide your name and I guess your address is also public knowledge.
Each area has record of which company is supplying which property. After
advertising your situation regarding "free" electricity it is trivial
for a vindictive person, probably a non-cyclist, to make that call for
the appropriate supplier to then bill you for the year at the current
standard rate.

They will then be on tape at BG having to come up with my
maternal granny's maiden name, my first pet and first car.

They dont need any of that when dobbing you in
for not paying for the electricity you have used.

They will then get their collar felt for fraud.

No fraud involved in dobbing you in for not
paying for the electricity you have used.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxxx wrote:

it is trivial for a vindictive person, probably a non-cyclist, to
make that call for the appropriate supplier to then bill you for the
year at the current standard rate.

The 12 month limit is only for cases where the customer has acted in
good faith, if acting in bad faith they can probably go back 6 or 7
years.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/who-contact-if-its-difficult-paying-energy-bills/energy-back-billing-your-rights

They will be on tape saying "Don't worry, Mr Mason, we will sort
everything out for you, just sit back and let the experts sort it out."

FAIR ENOUGH, PAL!

And the malicious person who is shafting you has all the evidence that
they need that you have been bragging about getting free electricity.

Can't see any judge deciding that you havent been acting in bad faith.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2016 16:36, ARW wrote:
On 10/12/2016 07:17, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 06:54:19 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 10/12/2016 05:20, Simon Mason wrote:
Now I have free electricity I have decided to get rid of my gas
boiler and fit room electric storage heaters instead. Do I keep my
water filled radiators and get a bloke to install an electric CH
system, or do I rip out the lot myself and fit £3000 2kW electric
storage heaters?

FFS.

If you have free electricity why would you want electric storage
heaters?

Well, unlike the gas that I pay for, if I have free electric heating,
I can heat the house for nothing and ditch boiler breakdown insurance
as well.

Boiler insurance is for ******s.

As is a yearly service. Every 5 years is adequate.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 04:42:03 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

On Saturday, 10 December 2016 06:54:19 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 10/12/2016 05:20, Simon Mason wrote:
Now I have free electricity I have decided to get rid of my gas boiler
and fit room electric storage heaters instead. Do I keep my water
filled radiators and get a bloke to install an electric CH system, or
do I rip out the lot myself and fit £3000 2kW electric storage
heaters?

FFS.

If you have free electricity why would you want electric storage
heaters?

Well, unlike the gas that I pay for, if I have free electric heating, I
can heat the house for nothing and ditch boiler breakdown insurance as
well.

How much free electric do you have per hour?
From where do you get it?

They don't currently read the meter because he agreed
to have a smartmeter installed and they havent gotten
around to installing it yet.

Oh - so its not actually free then - and he was just lying (again)

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxxx wrote:

it is trivial for a vindictive person, probably a non-cyclist, to
make that call for the appropriate supplier to then bill you for the
year at the current standard rate.

The 12 month limit is only for cases where the customer has acted in
good faith, if acting in bad faith they can probably go back 6 or 7 years.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/who-contact-if-its-difficult-paying-energy-bills/energy-back-billing-your-rights

They will be on tape saying "Don't worry, Mr Mason, we will sort everything out for you, just sit back and let the experts sort it out."

FAIR ENOUGH, PAL!

Ad you are aware that the meter has not been installed - and believe (wrongly)
that you are getting free electricity - as you have spouted quite publicly.

Would you care to have a bet as to what happens?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 07:01:59 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Saturday, 10 December 2016 14:31:54 UTC, Fredxxx wrote:

You provide your name and I guess your address is also public knowledge.
Each area has record of which company is supplying which property. After
advertising your situation regarding "free" electricity it is trivial
for a vindictive person, probably a non-cyclist, to make that call for
the appropriate supplier to then bill you for the year at the current
standard rate.

They will then be on tape at BG having to come up with my maternal granny's maiden name, my first pet and first car.

They will then get their collar felt for fraud.

Of a shareholder of British Gas who has read your pure rubbish here was to
write to them and quote your full name and address - and your wife's name for
good measure - and tell them that you have been bragging about defrauding them
of electricity - do you think that they will just ignore the information?

Why should other BG customers pay for your "free" electricity?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 05:45:47 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Saturday, 10 December 2016 13:18:19 UTC, Bod wrote:

All that unit will do is blow the warm air around the room, it cannot
cool the air.

No - a normal desk fan will do that, but this has cooling elements and so it a proper aircon unit as it should be for £400.

Crikey - £400 - we are impressed.

You must be really well off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY Storage heaters

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 02:06:22 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Saturday, 10 December 2016 09:42:10 UTC, Alaric wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message

Now I have free electricity I have decided to get rid of my gas boiler and
fit room electric storage heaters instead. Do I keep my water filled
radiators and get a bloke to install an electric CH system, or do I rip out
the lot myself and fit £3000 2kW electric storage heaters?

I am curious as to what you mean by "free electricity". Can you elaborate?

I applied for a free electricity offer with BG between 0900-1700 Sat/Sun and they said they could not put me on that offer until I get a smart meter fitted and there is a long waiting list.

I am now with BG, but they have no record of my electric account at all as they cocked up the handover from npower.

I think that you will find that all the electric you are getting is potentially
free. (No joke there)

You need to get top of the range heating, cooling, dehumidifiers, fans -
perhaps a new sauna and take advantage of it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bod wrote:
On 10/12/2016 16:36, ARW wrote:
On 10/12/2016 07:17, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 06:54:19 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 10/12/2016 05:20, Simon Mason wrote:
Now I have free electricity I have decided to get rid of my gas
boiler and fit room electric storage heaters instead. Do I keep my
water filled radiators and get a bloke to install an electric CH
system, or do I rip out the lot myself and fit £3000 2kW electric
storage heaters?

FFS.

If you have free electricity why would you want electric storage
heaters?

Well, unlike the gas that I pay for, if I have free electric
heating, I can heat the house for nothing and ditch boiler
breakdown insurance as well.

Boiler insurance is for ******s.

As is a yearly service. Every 5 years is adequate.

Please show us your qualifications supporting your opinion.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news
Bod wrote:
On 10/12/2016 16:36, ARW wrote:
On 10/12/2016 07:17, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 06:54:19 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 10/12/2016 05:20, Simon Mason wrote:
Now I have free electricity I have decided to get rid of my gas
boiler and fit room electric storage heaters instead. Do I keep my
water filled radiators and get a bloke to install an electric CH
system, or do I rip out the lot myself and fit £3000 2kW electric
storage heaters?

FFS.

If you have free electricity why would you want electric storage
heaters?

Well, unlike the gas that I pay for, if I have free electric
heating, I can heat the house for nothing and ditch boiler
breakdown insurance as well.

Boiler insurance is for ******s.

As is a yearly service. Every 5 years is adequate.

Please show us your qualifications supporting your opinion.

Don’t need qualifications for something like that, just statistics.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 13:18:19 UTC, Bod wrote:

All that unit will do is blow the warm air around the room, it cannot
cool the air.

No - a normal desk fan will do that, but this has cooling elements and so it a proper aircon unit as it should be for £400.

Crikey - £400 - we are impressed.

You must be really well off.

The prices he pays for things should ensure he's not.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bod wrote:
On 10/12/2016 16:36, ARW wrote:
[...]

reams of your desperate attempt to bull**** your way
out of your predicament flushed where it belongs

I was addressing Bod who tells us that he used to be a plumber. I only
asked for his qualifications to support his opinion.

And like I said, qualifications are irrelevant to that
particular opinion, what matters is the statistics.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Saturday, 10 December 2016 13:18:19 UTC, Bod wrote:

All that unit will do is blow the warm air around the room, it cannot
cool the air.

No - a normal desk fan will do that, but this has cooling elements and so it a proper aircon unit as it should be for £400.

Crikey - £400 - we are impressed.

You must be really well off.

No, but he would like people to believe he is.

Serial fantasist. Might be munchsusens or NPD. Hard to say
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Shirley you don't believe his twaddle?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news
Rod Speed wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in
message news Bod wrote:
On 10/12/2016 16:36, ARW wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news
Rod Speed wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in
message news Bod wrote:
On 10/12/2016 16:36, ARW wrote:
[...]

So we agree that Bod's opinion is utterly worthless.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 19:18:45 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Bod wrote:
On 10/12/2016 16:36, ARW wrote:
On 10/12/2016 07:17, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 06:54:19 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 10/12/2016 05:20, Simon Mason wrote:
Now I have free electricity I have decided to get rid of my gas
boiler and fit room electric storage heaters instead. Do I keep my
water filled radiators and get a bloke to install an electric CH
system, or do I rip out the lot myself and fit £3000 2kW electric
storage heaters?

FFS.

If you have free electricity why would you want electric storage
heaters?

Well, unlike the gas that I pay for, if I have free electric
heating, I can heat the house for nothing and ditch boiler
breakdown insurance as well.

Boiler insurance is for ******s.

As is a yearly service. Every 5 years is adequate.

Please show us your qualifications supporting your opinion.

Mine has run for 16 years needing only a thermocouple, which I replaced myself for £8. No servicing at all.

--
I've been charged with murder for killing a man with sandpaper. To be honest I only intended to rough him up a bit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 21:02:13 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Rod Speed wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news
Rod Speed wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in
message news Bod wrote:
On 10/12/2016 16:36, ARW wrote:
[...]

You just agreed with an Australian.

--
Aisle oven ice bitters are chasm!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news
Rod Speed wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in
message news Bod wrote:
On 10/12/2016 16:36, ARW wrote:
[...]

Someone who services or repairs boilers will have a lot of statistics first hand on how long they run without tinkering.

--
Aisle oven ice bitters are chasm!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news
Rod Speed wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in
message news Bod wrote:
On 10/12/2016 16:36, ARW wrote:
[...]

Even sillier than you usually manage. He has
much more of a clue than you ever have.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2016 15:01, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 14:31:54 UTC, Fredxxx wrote:

You provide your name and I guess your address is also public knowledge.
Each area has record of which company is supplying which property. After
advertising your situation regarding "free" electricity it is trivial
for a vindictive person, probably a non-cyclist, to make that call for
the appropriate supplier to then bill you for the year at the current
standard rate.

They will then be on tape at BG having to come up with my maternal granny's maiden name, my first pet and first car.

You're not very bright are you. No one needs your maternal granny's
maiden name, my first pet and first car to dob you in.

They will then get their collar felt for fraud.

The only collar that will be felt will be yours for using electricity
you have no intention to pay for.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 22:21:10 -0000, Fredxxx wrote:

news Bod wrote:
On 10/12/2016 16:36, ARW wrote:
[...]

****ing stupid Australian ****/troll/****** you are, and always will be.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...g/arbvFRAzMq0J
http://www.sensationbot.com/jschat.php?db=rodspeed

That merely shows you lost the argument.

A conversation with Rod Speed cannot be considered thus.

--
Golfer: "Please stop checking your watch all the time, caddy. It's distracting!"
Caddy: "This isn't a watch Sir, it's a compass!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news Bod wrote:
On 10/12/2016 16:36, ARW wrote:
[...]

Do you think I was replying to Mr Speed?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news Bod wrote:
On 10/12/2016 16:36, ARW wrote:
[...]

You told Pounder he lost the argument to Speed.

--
A man spoke frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant and her contractions are only two minutes apart!"
"Is this her first child?" the doctor asked.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 15:56:31 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

[...]

Ah yes, increasing evaporation of your sweat.

--
Scientists recently conducted a marijuana taste test.
Nobody seems to be able to remember the results.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2016 18:01, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

"For safety reasons and as required by law, we will still send an authorised
meter reader to inspect your meter from time to time."

And you believe that the man that comes around has any qualifications or
gas safe/corgi registration to allow him to make a legal assessment on
gas safety, especially in the 10 seconds he is actually on the property?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 10 December 2016 19:12:01 UTC, Judith wrote:

Of a shareholder of British Gas who has read your pure rubbish here was to
write to them and quote your full name and address - and your wife's name for
good measure - and tell them that you have been bragging about defrauding them
of electricity - do you think that they will just ignore the information?

You will also need my mobile number which is 00881631525675 and if it does not match the number on BG's screen, then you may be getting a knock on the door yourself.

Letter to follow, as we say.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 00:34:59 -0000, alan_m wrote:

On 10/12/2016 18:01, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

"For safety reasons and as required by law, we will still send an authorised
meter reader to inspect your meter from time to time."

And you believe that the man that comes around has any qualifications or
gas safe/corgi registration to allow him to make a legal assessment on
gas safety, especially in the 10 seconds he is actually on the property?

He has a nose doesn't he? If he smells gas, the meter is leaking, they are not liable for anything after the meter.

--
I find it ironic that the colours red, white, and blue stand for freedom, until they're flashing behind you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 10 December 2016 09:56:20 UTC, Judith wrote:

Quite. As in "FFS, why are you responding to a troll?"

(Although he is quite a good one.)

No troll would jump off a bridge in front of a truck just to troll.

Ah - come on - if you jump of a bridge then you might find god under it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzW6i09WIAA2NM9.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 11 December 2016 00:35:00 UTC, alan_m wrote:
On 10/12/2016 18:01, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

"For safety reasons and as required by law, we will still send an authorised
meter reader to inspect your meter from time to time."

And you believe that the man that comes around has any qualifications or
gas safe/corgi registration to allow him to make a legal assessment on
gas safety, especially in the 10 seconds he is actually on the property?

No, but he might report something if it were wildly out there. Not that that's of any use whatever to 99.99% of us.

NT

Storage Heaters John UK diy 3 December 22nd 10 05:20 PM
storage heaters Peter smith UK diy 7 April 29th 09 11:14 AM
Storage Heaters John UK diy 2 January 6th 07 11:45 AM
storage heaters DavidD UK diy 1 December 17th 03 11:41 AM
Storage heaters HELP!!!!!!!! lioneluk UK diy 11 December 14th 03 09:09 PM