Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIT Storage heaters

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 19:12:01 UTC, Judith wrote:

Of a shareholder of British Gas who has read your pure rubbish here was
write to them and quote your full name and address - and your wife's name
for
good measure - and tell them that you have been bragging about defrauding
them
of electricity - do you think that they will just ignore the information?

You will also need my mobile number which is 00881631525675 and if it does
not match the number on BG's screen, then you may be getting a knock on
the door yourself.

Letter to follow, as we say.

Simon Mason finds new ways to spend money he hasn't got. A Boeing 767 is on
his new bucket list. A Boing spokesman has stated that unless the stupid
******* is prepared to quit posting ******** to uk.diy he will be summarily
beheaded. Mason agrees that he does in fact type ******** and is prepared to
succumb and buy a new Ford Fiesta, beheading is suitably imminent.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote

"For safety reasons and as required by law, we will still send an
authorised meter reader to inspect your meter from time to time."

And you believe that the man that comes around has any qualifications or
gas safe/corgi registration to allow him to make a legal assessment on gas
safety, especially in the 10 seconds he is actually on the property?

Irrelevant to what the law requires.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Judith wrote

Of a shareholder of British Gas who has read your pure rubbish here was
write to them and quote your full name and address - and your wife's name
for
good measure - and tell them that you have been bragging about defrauding
them of electricity - do you think that they will just ignore the
information?

You will also need my mobile number

Like hell he does when dobbing you in for trying to get free electricity.

which is 00881631525675 and if it does not match the number on
BG's screen, then you may be getting a knock on the door yourself.

Like hell he might when dobbing you in for trying to get free electricity.

Letter to follow, as we say.

Just another drunken fantasy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Judith wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Quite. As in "FFS, why are you responding to a troll?"

(Although he is quite a good one.)

No troll would jump off a bridge in front of a truck just to troll.

Ah - come on - if you jump of a bridge then you might find god under it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzW6i09WIAA2NM9.jpg

That's no god, just a god botherer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 11 December 2016 03:28:56 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Judith wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Quite. As in "FFS, why are you responding to a troll?"

(Although he is quite a good one.)

No troll would jump off a bridge in front of a truck just to troll.

Ah - come on - if you jump of a bridge then you might find god under it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzW6i09WIAA2NM9.jpg

That's no god, just a god botherer.

That is a left leg that has had a 44T truck run over it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Sunday, 11 December 2016 03:28:56 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Judith wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Quite. As in "FFS, why are you responding to a troll?"

(Although he is quite a good one.)

No troll would jump off a bridge in front of a truck just to troll.

Ah - come on - if you jump of a bridge then you might find god under
it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzW6i09WIAA2NM9.jpg

That's no god, just a god botherer.

That is a left leg that has had a 44T truck run over it.

And you'll be burning in hell for doing that if that obscenity of a god is
real.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 11 December 2016 06:29:46 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzW6i09WIAA2NM9.jpg

That's no god, just a god botherer.

That is a left leg that has had a 44T truck run over it.

And you'll be burning in hell for doing that if that obscenity of a god is
real.

Oh and Mr Sharma took that photo with the Canon Ixus 22MP I whipped out of my pocket, instead of a silly chavphone.

Proper tool for the job pt10.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzW6i09WIAA2NM9.jpg

That's no god, just a god botherer.

That is a left leg that has had a 44T truck run over it.

And you'll be burning in hell for doing
that if that obscenity of a god is real.

Oh and Mr Sharma took that photo with the
Canon Ixus 22MP I whipped out of my pocket,

Pity that any decent smartphone can do just as
well and a hell of a lot better for other stuff.

Proper tool for the job pt10.

Wrong, as always.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2016 13:02, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 10:19:02 UTC, RJH wrote:

I'd find the noise an issue, and prefer:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Delonghi-Dra...dp/B00CA1T076/

Amazon just rang and said that the Dyson is out of stock, so I just bought one of these instead. Might as well get free air con while I am at it.

http://amzn.to/2hijb6l

Good luck with that then - its "currently unavailable" on Amazon I
wonder why

from Dyson Website

We're voluntarily recalling all AM04 and AM05 heaters due to a potential
safety issue.

--
Chris B (News)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 11 December 2016 01:24:09 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 09:56:20 UTC, Judith wrote:

Quite. As in "FFS, why are you responding to a troll?"

(Although he is quite a good one.)

No troll would jump off a bridge in front of a truck just to troll.

Ah - come on - if you jump of a bridge then you might find god under it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzW6i09WIAA2NM9.jpg

I see you have foot rot.
Or is it foot and mouth diseases?
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fungal-...roduction.aspx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 11 December 2016 08:50:30 UTC, harry wrote:
On Sunday, 11 December 2016 01:24:09 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 09:56:20 UTC, Judith wrote:

Quite. As in "FFS, why are you responding to a troll?"

(Although he is quite a good one.)

No troll would jump off a bridge in front of a truck just to troll.

Ah - come on - if you jump of a bridge then you might find god under it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzW6i09WIAA2NM9.jpg

I see you have foot rot.

A bruised toenail from playing 5 a side.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 11 December 2016 08:25:51 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Oh and Mr Sharma took that photo with the
Canon Ixus 22MP I whipped out of my pocket,

Pity that any decent smartphone can do just as
well and a hell of a lot better for other stuff.

They were told to turn them off last night, but my IXUS has a screen that I can turn off, so I didn't get a bollocking from the theatre usher.

http://bit.ly/2hceL2R
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 11 December 2016 08:33:14 UTC, Chris B wrote:
On 10/12/2016 13:02, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 10:19:02 UTC, RJH wrote:

I'd find the noise an issue, and prefer:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Delonghi-Dra...dp/B00CA1T076/

Amazon just rang and said that the Dyson is out of stock, so I just bought one of these instead. Might as well get free air con while I am at it.

http://amzn.to/2hijb6l

Good luck with that then - its "currently unavailable" on Amazon I
wonder why

from Dyson Website

We're voluntarily recalling all AM04 and AM05 heaters due to a potential
safety issue.

Delivery Tracking
Dyson AM05 Dyson: AM05 Hot and Cool Fan Fast even room heating in winter. High velocity air to cool in summer. Safety features Tip-over automatic cut
Arriving 15 Dec 2016 - 10 Jan 2017
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Sunday, 11 December 2016 08:50:30 UTC, harry wrote:
On Sunday, 11 December 2016 01:24:09 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 10 December 2016 09:56:20 UTC, Judith wrote:

Quite. As in "FFS, why are you responding to a troll?"

(Although he is quite a good one.)

No troll would jump off a bridge in front of a truck just to troll.

Ah - come on - if you jump of a bridge then you might find god under
it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzW6i09WIAA2NM9.jpg

I see you have foot rot.

A bruised toenail from playing 5 a side.

Smell more like footrot to me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Oh and Mr Sharma took that photo with the
Canon Ixus 22MP I whipped out of my pocket,

Pity that any decent smartphone can do just as
well and a hell of a lot better for other stuff.

They were told to turn them off last night, but my IXUS has a screen
that I can turn off, so I didn't get a bollocking from the theatre usher.

Anyone with even half a clue tells any ****wit usher that when
the phone is in do not disturb mode, there it never rings.

And you can pay using your phone too.

http://bit.ly/2hceL2R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 11 December 2016 09:09:33 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Oh and Mr Sharma took that photo with the
Canon Ixus 22MP I whipped out of my pocket,

Pity that any decent smartphone can do just as
well and a hell of a lot better for other stuff.

They were told to turn them off last night, but my IXUS has a screen
that I can turn off, so I didn't get a bollocking from the theatre usher.

Anyone with even half a clue tells any ****wit usher that when
the phone is in do not disturb mode, there it never rings.

It was the glare from the screen when the idiot tried to film the great man in action that she objected to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Someone who services or repairs boilers will have a lot of statistics
first hand on how long they run without tinkering.

However they will be somewhat skewed as he will only have repair stats
on those that have broken and not on those that haven't broken as he
wont know they exist or those that have been fixed by someone else.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 10:59:56 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

Someone who services or repairs boilers will have a lot of statistics
first hand on how long they run without tinkering.

However they will be somewhat skewed as he will only have repair stats
on those that have broken and not on those that haven't broken as he
wont know they exist or those that have been fixed by someone else.

I was assuming he also serviced fully functional ones.

--
Peter is listening to "DJ Splash - Inspiration"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Sunday, 11 December 2016 09:09:33 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Oh and Mr Sharma took that photo with the
Canon Ixus 22MP I whipped out of my pocket,

Pity that any decent smartphone can do just as
well and a hell of a lot better for other stuff.

They were told to turn them off last night, but my IXUS has a screen
that I can turn off, so I didn't get a bollocking from the theatre
usher.

Anyone with even half a clue tells any ****wit usher that when
the phone is in do not disturb mode, there it never rings.

It was the glare from the screen when the idiot tried
to film the great man in action that she objected to.

Any decent smartphone can turn that screen off so it doesnt
**** the photo you are taking in low light situations.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/12/2016 18:07, Rod Speed wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Sunday, 11 December 2016 09:09:33 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Oh and Mr Sharma took that photo with the
Canon Ixus 22MP I whipped out of my pocket,

Pity that any decent smartphone can do just as
well and a hell of a lot better for other stuff.

They were told to turn them off last night, but my IXUS has a screen
that I can turn off, so I didn't get a bollocking from the theatre
usher.

Anyone with even half a clue tells any ****wit usher that when
the phone is in do not disturb mode, there it never rings.

It was the glare from the screen when the idiot tried
to film the great man in action that she objected to.

Any decent smartphone can turn that screen off so it doesnt
**** the photo you are taking in low light situations.

You can just turn the brightness level down to near zero.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bod" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 17:24:07 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Saturday, 10 December 2016 09:56:20 UTC, Judith wrote:

Quite. As in "FFS, why are you responding to a troll?"

(Although he is quite a good one.)

No troll would jump off a bridge in front of a truck just to troll.

Ah - come on - if you jump of a bridge then you might find god under it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzW6i09WIAA2NM9.jpg

How did that happen? What was the damage?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Saturday, 10 December 2016 09:56:20 UTC, Judith wrote:

Quite. As in "FFS, why are you responding to a troll?"

(Although he is quite a good one.)

No troll would jump off a bridge in front of a truck just to troll.

Ah - come on - if you jump of a bridge then you might find god under it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzW6i09WIAA2NM9.jpg

How did that happen? What was the damage?

He deliberately jumped off a bridge into the path of a 44 ton truck
which ran over that leg. It got severely infected and they had to remove
great chunks of the meat, that's why it looks different to the other one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Saturday, 10 December 2016 09:56:20 UTC, Judith wrote:

Quite. As in "FFS, why are you responding to a troll?"

(Although he is quite a good one.)

No troll would jump off a bridge in front of a truck just to troll.

Ah - come on - if you jump of a bridge then you might find god under it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzW6i09WIAA2NM9.jpg

How did that happen? What was the damage?

He deliberately jumped off a bridge into the path of a 44 ton truck
which ran over that leg. It got severely infected and they had to remove
great chunks of the meat, that's why it looks different to the other one.

Here is the exact spot.

http://bit.ly/2hsIhma
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Saturday, 10 December 2016 09:56:20 UTC, Judith wrote:

Quite. As in "FFS, why are you responding to a troll?"

(Although he is quite a good one.)

No troll would jump off a bridge in front of a truck just to troll.

Ah - come on - if you jump of a bridge then you might find god under
it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzW6i09WIAA2NM9.jpg

How did that happen? What was the damage?

He deliberately jumped off a bridge into the path of a 44 ton truck
which ran over that leg. It got severely infected and they had to remove
great chunks of the meat, that's why it looks different to the other one.

Here is the exact spot.

http://bit.ly/2hsIhma

How come you **** up everything you get involved in ?

Some scorpio you turned out to be.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:09:27 +0000, alan_m wrote:

You need instant electric heating when and where you need it. A £20,
3KW fan heater on a plug in thermostat per room would suit your
immediate needs.

But watch the loading on the ring mains... 32 A @ 230 V is just over
7 kW, 2 x 3 kW heaters don't leave a lot of (theoretical) headroom
for every everything else.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY Storage heaters

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 02:06:22 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason wrote:

I am now with BG, but they have no record of my electric account at all
as they cocked up the handover from npower.

Have you settled the final bill from nPower? Is that account now
closed?

It's possible that your mpan is now in limbo, but I wouldn't bank on
it and if even if it is I'd expect one of the companies to notice
eventually.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 12 December 2016 10:50:07 UTC, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 02:06:22 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason wrote:

I am now with BG, but they have no record of my electric account at all
as they cocked up the handover from npower.

Have you settled the final bill from nPower? Is that account now
closed?

It was closed on 21SEP16.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 12/12/2016 10:44, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:09:27 +0000, alan_m wrote:

You need instant electric heating when and where you need it. A £20,
3KW fan heater on a plug in thermostat per room would suit your
immediate needs.

But watch the loading on the ring mains... 32 A @ 230 V is just over
7 kW, 2 x 3 kW heaters don't leave a lot of (theoretical) headroom
for every everything else.

9kW is a LOT of heat.

The 3 bed dormer bungalow that we are refurbishing only has a 2kW (non
fan assisted) heater in it. That been more than enough to keep the chill
off. Stick another 3 in there and the place would be nice and warm.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 12 December 2016 19:11:26 UTC, ARW wrote:

9kW is a LOT of heat.

My sauna heater is 9kW and will heat it up to 110C in 15 mins.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 19:11:41 +0000, ARW wrote:

But watch the loading on the ring mains... 32 A @ 230 V is just

over
7 kW, 2 x 3 kW heaters don't leave a lot of (theoretical) headroom
for every everything else.

9kW is a LOT of heat.

2 x 3 is 6 kW plus whate vere else is on that ring.

The 3 bed dormer bungalow that we are refurbishing only has a 2kW (non
fan assisted) heater in it. That been more than enough to keep the chill
off. Stick another 3 in there and the place would be nice and warm.

I'm used to a 38 kW boiler that struggles to keep this place warm
when it's cold and blowing a gale (literally) outside.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/12/2016 04:50, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 19:11:41 +0000, ARW wrote:

But watch the loading on the ring mains... 32 A @ 230 V is just

over
7 kW, 2 x 3 kW heaters don't leave a lot of (theoretical) headroom
for every everything else.

9kW is a LOT of heat.

2 x 3 is 6 kW plus whate vere else is on that ring.

The 3 bed dormer bungalow that we are refurbishing only has a 2kW (non
fan assisted) heater in it. That been more than enough to keep the chill
off. Stick another 3 in there and the place would be nice and warm.

I'm used to a 38 kW boiler that struggles to keep this place warm
when it's cold and blowing a gale (literally) outside.

Yeahbut - that's not 100% of 38kW.

I have similar in a Victorian 4 bed house, and I'm reasonably convinced
it's potentially more than enough to keep the whole house warm - having
insulated, fitted decent radiators and draft-proofed a couple of rooms.

--
Cheers, Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 13/12/2016 04:50, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 19:11:41 +0000, ARW wrote:

But watch the loading on the ring mains... 32 A @ 230 V is just

over
7 kW, 2 x 3 kW heaters don't leave a lot of (theoretical) headroom
for every everything else.

9kW is a LOT of heat.

2 x 3 is 6 kW plus whate vere else is on that ring.

The 3 bed dormer bungalow that we are refurbishing only has a 2kW (non
fan assisted) heater in it. That been more than enough to keep the chill
off. Stick another 3 in there and the place would be nice and warm.

I'm used to a 38 kW boiler that struggles to keep this place warm
when it's cold and blowing a gale (literally) outside.

But you do not live in a well insulated 1960's bungalow in Doncaster:-)

It was not well insulated until we did the refurb.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 07:51:23 +0000, RJH wrote:

I'm used to a 38 kW boiler that struggles to keep this place warm
when it's cold and blowing a gale (literally) outside.

Yeahbut - that's not 100% of 38kW.

True. It's difficult to say how much the oil burner would run as we
have programable stats which drop back to 15C from 2300 to just after
0600 (premptive start), which means unless it's really cold (lower
than -5 C) and really blowy outside (greater than F7) there is very
little demand for heat but once the daytime 18.5 or 20 C set points
are active it'll be running at 50% and that's with the 7 kW to water
woodburner having a good burn as well...

I have similar in a Victorian 4 bed house, and I'm reasonably convinced
it's potentially more than enough to keep the whole house warm - having
insulated, fitted decent radiators and draft-proofed a couple of rooms.

Ours is a bit bigger than that, at 1400' and exposed. We do get real
gale force winds, that's *sustained* wind speeds over 40 mph.

The half we have dry lined the external walls with 12 mm plaster
board backed by 50 mm celotex and (mostly) replaed the rotten wooden
windows with moderm double glazed takes *far* less heat than the half
that isn't.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/12/2016 01:12, Dave Liquorice wrote:
[...]

The wind must wick a good deal of heat away.

Only 350' in a city terrace here, but east-facing. Little solar gain at
the back of the house.

A mate tells me solar gain is a hugely significant variable. I'm not
entirely convinced in the UK - depends on the property and location I
suppose.

Air-tightness is one I've underestimated in the past, but then I do like
*some* ventilation.

The half we have dry lined the external walls with 12 mm plaster
board backed by 50 mm celotex and (mostly) replaed the rotten wooden
windows with moderm double glazed takes *far* less heat than the half
that isn't.

Yes, that would work. I was able to use 100mm in the attic rooms and
they take very little heat to keep warm. A 400W halogen heater is fine
most of the time, even in the larger (18') room.

The 50mm fitted to the downstairs alcoves makes a 3C difference (5C/8C)
at an inside/outside temperature of 20C/0C, measured outside.

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 04:43:46 +0000, RJH wrote:

The wind must wick a good deal of heat away.

Blows it away via draughts. B-(

A mate tells me solar gain is a hugely significant variable. I'm not
entirely convinced in the UK - depends on the property and location I
suppose.

Very noticeable on the insulated/double glazed part. It's a sunny day
today and that zone hasen't demanded heat since 0800 this morning.
The SW facing rooms are reasonably warm. Over night with it 2 to 3 C
outside and no wind that zone called for heat every 3 hours or so.

Air-tightness is one I've underestimated in the past, but then I do like
*some* ventilation.

There is ventilation and there are draughts...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Storage Heaters John UK diy 3 December 22nd 10 05:20 PM
storage heaters Peter smith UK diy 7 April 29th 09 11:14 AM
Storage Heaters John UK diy 2 January 6th 07 11:45 AM
storage heaters DavidD UK diy 1 December 17th 03 11:41 AM
Storage heaters HELP!!!!!!!! lioneluk UK diy 11 December 14th 03 09:09 PM