Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default DIT Storage heaters

On 13/12/2016 04:50, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 19:11:41 +0000, ARW wrote:

But watch the loading on the ring mains... 32 A @ 230 V is just

over
7 kW, 2 x 3 kW heaters don't leave a lot of (theoretical) headroom
for every everything else.

9kW is a LOT of heat.

2 x 3 is 6 kW plus whate vere else is on that ring.

The 3 bed dormer bungalow that we are refurbishing only has a 2kW (non
fan assisted) heater in it. That been more than enough to keep the chill
off. Stick another 3 in there and the place would be nice and warm.

I'm used to a 38 kW boiler that struggles to keep this place warm
when it's cold and blowing a gale (literally) outside.

But you do not live in a well insulated 1960's bungalow in Doncaster:-)

It was not well insulated until we did the refurb.

--
Adam