DavidD

Default storage heaters

We have a number of storage heaters in our office, all on the same circuit
(with seperation for convectors/fans and the heaters)

Two of the heaters do not work.

One has no fuse at the wall switch and a single wall switch.

The other, more important one has two wall switches, one for the heater and
one for the convector, they are both switched on, the convector comes on but
the heater is not working.

Is there likely to be a simple fuse inside I can change?

Thanks

David

Harry Bloomfield

"DavidD" wrote on 17/12/2003 :-
The other, more important one has two wall switches, one for the heater and
one for the convector, they are both switched on, the convector comes on but
the heater is not working.

Is there likely to be a simple fuse inside I can change?

Some of the older storage heaters were fitted with a lead thermal fuse,
designed to melt if the temperature was exceeded. If this is the
problem, you might be able to pinch one from one of the unused heaters.
The problem could also be the 'heat charge' thermostat if one is
fitted. This turns the supply off once the heater achieves a set
temperature and should be closed at room temperature.

A final possibility is a break in the heating coil itself. Replacing
this involves the messy task of removing all of the bricks inside the
unit.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT)...

Remove the 'NOSPAM' in my email address to reply.

Free Amateur Radio Courses:-
http://www.ukradioamateur.org

Storage heaters HELP!!!!!!!! lioneluk UK diy 11 December 14th 03 09:09 PM
Storage heaters Bob Minchin UK diy 5 November 24th 03 11:01 AM
Removing storage heaters!! The Question Asker UK diy 3 November 13th 03 11:01 AM
Removing storage heaters NC UK diy 10 August 13th 03 10:52 PM
Where to buy night storage heaters (Economy 7) Ian Watkins UK diy 4 July 27th 03 10:26 AM