Bob Minchin

Default Storage heaters

Droo wrote:

I have tripped the power on one of my storage heaters and cannot find a
switch to reset it ..

Do anyone have any idea where this might be?

Droo

It may be inside and reset automatically when the whole heater as cooled
right down. If you problem happened more than a day ago then it will be a
power off and dismantle job. The sensor could well be near the element eg
inside the firebricks.

Alex

The last one I had this problem with the reset button was near thr control
input switch .I had to remove the top cover to reset only two screws as I
remember

Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:01:25 -0000, Droo wrote:

I have tripped the power on one of my storage heaters and cannot
find a switch to reset it ..

Do anyone have any idea where this might be?

Need more information about what "tripped the power" really means and
what you where doing to trip it.

Storage heaters are normally wired on spurs from a second consumer
unit that is fed via the time switch such that it is only live during
the "off peak" period. Ones with blowers will have another permenatly
live supply possibly from the ring main or a dedicated circuit for the
heater blowers. This will be in the main CU.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Terry D

Droo wrote:
I have tripped the power on one of my storage heaters and cannot find
a switch to reset it ..

Do anyone have any idea where this might be?

Droo

No ideas on this one, but I could tell you how to adjust your computer
clock - you seem to be about a day ahead of the rest of us.

:-)

Terry D.

Tony Massey

"Terry D" wrote in message
Droo wrote:
I have tripped the power on one of my storage heaters and cannot find
a switch to reset it ..

Do anyone have any idea where this might be?

Droo

No ideas on this one, but I could tell you how to adjust your computer
clock - you seem to be about a day ahead of the rest of us.

:-)

Terry D.

Tony

Terry

you do not give any details such as make or model. Consequently the
action to be taken
is not certain. As stated by other posters when the unit has cooled you may
need to distamnatle the unit. Some older units such as Creda had a thermal
cur out which was on the top right hand side when the cove is removed. I
have had to replace these from time to time
Let us know how you get on - more information is useful.

Actually on another point it would be useful if there was a site which
gave models and typical faults. Such data use top exist in the Radio & TV
world (and may still be around in this electronic age)

Droo

I have tripped the power on one of my storage heaters and cannot find a
switch to reset it ..

Do anyone have any idea where this might be?

Droo

Removing storage heaters!! The Question Asker UK diy 3 November 13th 03 11:01 AM
upgrading from night storage heaters ruprecht UK diy 3 November 8th 03 04:54 PM
Asbestos in Storage Heaters? DKSanders UK diy 3 October 8th 03 08:35 PM
Removing storage heaters NC UK diy 10 August 13th 03 10:52 PM
Where to buy night storage heaters (Economy 7) Ian Watkins UK diy 4 July 27th 03 10:26 AM